Xander Schauffele is an extremely talented golfer that has made his way into the top-ten golfers on the official world ranking. He continues to deliver results in line with the promise he has shown from an early age.
As with most successful golfers, there is a high level of interest in Xander Shauffele’s clubs.
As an amateur, he won four tournaments between 2011 and 2015 before graduating from San Diego State University with a degree in Social Sciences.
While at university Xander Schauffele was voted Big West Freshman of the Year in 2011-12 and two-time runner-up in 2012 and 2013 as Southern California Amateur. He went on to be crowned California State Amateur Champion in 2014 and earn All-American honors in 2014 and 2015 at San Diego State University.
Xander Schauffele – What’s In The Bag?
Xander was born on October 25, 1993, in La Jolla, California.
He stands 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 175 pounds.
Shortly after graduating from San Diego State University, Xander turned professional in 2015.
Initially, he participated in the European Tour and Web.com Tour before joining the PGA tour in 2017.
Some Interesting Facts About Xander
- Xander was first selected for the Presidents Cup in 2019
- He set his lowest score to date in round 4 of the 2016 Sanderson Farms Championship when he shot a 62.
- Although Xander was born in America he comes from an international lineage with a German / French father and his mother of Chinese Taipei descent growing up in Japan.
- Athleticism is in his genes as his father was an elite athlete in Germany but was a victim of a drunk driving head-on collision which put paid to his athletics career.
- In 2011 Xander played high school golf with Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, and Daniel Berger which became known as the Class of 2011.
- An unfortunate incident occurred on July 16, 2019, at the 2019 Open Championship, when the R&A did some random equipment testing on Xander Shauffele’s clubs and found that Schauffele’s driver was amongst a group of equipment that failed to meet the CT test.
What’s In The Bag?
Xander Schauffele’s clubs are mainly made up of Callaway equipment.
Driver – 9-degree Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond with 45.5-inch Graphite Design Tour AD BB 7 X shaft.
Putter – Odyssey O-Works #7 CH Red.
Ball – Callaway Chrome Soft X.
Grips – Golf Pride Z Grip Cord.
Shoes – Adidas golf shoes.
Xander is playing excellent golf and regularly competes for top honors in major events.
He is currently rated high in the FedEx Cup and Official World Golf Ranking and it will be surprising not to see Xander competing for the top honors at the Tour Championship and the overall FedEx Cup crown at the end of the season.
- PGA, https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.48081.xander-schauffele.html