Tiger woods has had a stellar career that started at the tender age of two years with his father Earl the driving force to enable Tiger to set and equal many records that have stood the test of time.
It will take a long time before we see another golfer that is as dominant as Tiger throughout his amateur and professional careers spanning nearly forty-five years.
During his career, Tiger experienced some traumatic events with no less than five lower back surgeries. This was followed by a recent motor vehicle accident only weeks after his fifth back surgery that nearly ended his career.
Every setback was followed by a resurgence in Tiger’s career, and he stacked up more wins to prove his prowess and dedication to following his dad’s dream. We can only hope that Tiger recovers from the severe trauma to his ankle and foot after the accident and returns to the PGA Tour soon.
Tiger Woods – What’s In The Bag
He stands 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs in at approximately 185 pounds.
Tiger Woods was born on December 30, 1975, in Cypress, California.
Born as Eldrick Tont Woods, the nickname of Tiger stems from a Vietnamese soldier who befriended his father in Vietnam.
After a remarkably successful amateur career, including time at Stanford University, he turned professional on August 27, 1996, to huge acclaim.
Some Interesting Facts About Tiger
- Tiger’s interest in golf started at the tender age of six months as he watched his dad Earl practicing hitting a golf ball into a net.
- At age two he appeared on TV putting with Bob Hope.
- At the age of three, he broke fifty for nine holes scoring forty-eight.
- He appeared in Golf Digest at the age of five.
- He won ten collegiate tournaments while at Stanford University.
- Amateur records include six USGA national championships, winning three consecutive U.S. Amateur titles, and won eighteen consecutive match-play matches.
- Played his first professional tournament at the age of sixteen while still an amateur.
- Tiger has won one-hundred-and-six times globally of which eighty-two victories were on the PGA Tour and fifteen majors, twelve international victories, and fourteen additional victories.
- One of only two golfers to have won the FedEx Cup twice, 2007 and 2009.
- The eighty-two PGA Tour victories place him in joint first place with Sam Snead on the all-time PGA Tour winners list.
- His win in the 2019 Masters tournament provides exemption until the 2025-2026 season after he turns fifty.
- For such a talented golfer, surprisingly, Tiger is not in the sub-sixty club. His lowest score of sixty-one was achieved four times, the first round of the 1999 Byron Nelson Classic, second round of the 2000 WGC-NEC Invitational, second round of the 2005 Buick Open, and the second round 2013 WGC Bridgestone Invitational.
- Tiger holed out for his first hole-in-one on 6, May 12, 1982, at six years old and followed that up with twenty holes-in-one on the PGA Tour.
- The scoring average of 68.17 in the 2000 season eclipsed Byron Nelson’s record of 68.33 that stood from 1945.
- He is the all-time leading money winner.
What’s In The Bag?
After such a remarkable career the question is often asked what Tiger Woods carries in his bag. This may vary slightly depending on the course conditions.
These are a few of his favorites:
Driver – TaylorMade SIM 9-degree driver with Diamana D+ Whiteboard 60TX shaft.
Fairway Woods – TaylorMade SIM, 15-degree 3-wood with Diamana D+ Whiteboard 70TX shaft, TaylorMade M3 19-degree 5-wood with Diamana D+ Whiteboard 80TX.
Irons – TaylorMade P7TW Prototypes 3-iron through PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 shafts.
Ball – Bridgestone Tour B XS golf ball.
Glove – He wears Nike apparel including a Nike glove.
Although Tiger is one of the all-time great golfers and has overcome many setbacks in his career it is difficult to see Tiger overcoming his latest surgery combined with the motor vehicle accident to play his way into contention for the overall FedEx Cup.
Never write tiger off though and he may be able to play his way back into the first playoff tournament, The Northern Trust.
Any feedback or additional information can be added in the comments section below.
- PGA, http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.08793.tiger-woods.html/