Maybe you have seen the TV commercials or heard an ad on a golf podcast about the Square Strike Wedge and wondered “can this club really change my game?”. And in an age of overhyped products and programs, it is a very valid question. So in today’s article, we will take a closer look at the Square Strike Wedge and what it has to offer golfers.
Unlike other Square Strike Wedge reviews, we’ll go deeper than just performance and answer questions such as the legality of the club and if it’s worth the price. Plus, you’ll find other useful information such as where you can buy it and how to correctly use this Wedge.
So if you want to find out more and all that it can do to help you master your short game, read on!
Square Strike Wedge
$84.14 in stock
- YOUR CHOICE OF COLOR AND HAND: Click between Shaft material “Stainless Steel” and “Stainless-Steel” to change the image; Whatever color you see when you hit “Add to Cart” is the color you are ordering. Choose the hand that matches the other clubs in your set. If you play right-handed irons, for example, choose right hand. The square strike wedge golf clubs for men and women conforms to the rules of golf; Give yourself an edge without breaking any rules with this chipping and pitching wedge
- NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO HIT FAT: The Square Strike Wedge pitching wedge has an extra-wide sole and beveled leading edge prevent digging; No more chunked pitch and chip shots reduces wasted strokes; Heavy, solid feel promotes greater confidence vs thin-faced wedges that dig and rotate; Less rotation with the Square Strike Wedge golf wedge for men and women
- .EASIER SWING MOTION VS TRADITIONAL WEDGE; The square strike wedge golf club for men and women has a putter-like length, 35.5 inches, and putter-like lie angle, 68 degrees, plus anti-rotational weighting make it easy to swing and control; No opening your stance or the clubface; Use a simple straight-back-straight-through, putter-like stroke for greater control and much more accuracy; Use this chipping wedge to chip it close from a variety of lies, Perfect for bump and runs
- MORE EFFECTIVE THAN CHIPPING WITH YOUR 7-IRON; The Shorter length of this golf wedge for men and women makes it easier to control, no gripping down; Our golf wedge for men and women Heavier club head, 330 grams, glides smoothly through the turf and minimizes overactive hands and wrists, a leading cause of fat and thin chip shots; Extra weight moved to the toe keeps club square vs rotating through impact; More loft than a 7-or 8-iron for wider variety of shots, not just low runners
- LEGAL FOR TOURNAMENT PLAY AND 1 YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY:. The Square strike wedge chipping wedge has a high-quality construction backed by unbeatable warranty.
For those familiar with the Square Strike ads, many different key features are touted and include:
- Extra-Wide Sole with Beveled Leading Edge
- Putter-like Length
- 300g Anti-Rotational Clubhead
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
As you can see, the Square Strike Wedge is not a traditional wedge in any sense. Its length and clubhead shape make it a very unique golf club. Despite the untraditional look, these key features come together to make a foolproof chipping experience.
Currently, the Square Strike is available in both right and left-hand orientation. Golfers can also choose between three lofts: 45, 55, and 60 degrees. The most popular loft that can handle most chipping situations is the 55 degrees option.
Benefits of using a Square Strike Wedge
While many benefits come with using the Square Strike Wedge, the largest and most noticeable will be chipping consistency. No longer will you have to suffer from fat, thin, or fluffed chips. But how can you eliminate almost all bad chip shots you might ask? Well, its a combination of two important things.
First is the use of a simplified swing style. The Square Strike Wedge is meant to be swung just like a putter. Of course, you will be swinging a bit harder than your average putt, but by using a simple back-and-through swing style you will have greater control and better accuracy.
The second reason the Square Strike golf club makes it almost impossible to mishit is the shape and weighting of the clubhead. Thanks to an Extra-Wide Sole and Beveled Leading Edge, the Square Strike will not slide under the ball. Add in specialized toe weighting to stop clubhead rotation and you have a clubface that is square to the ball at impact each and every swing.
One last overlooked benefit of using the Square Strike Wedge is a large boost in chipping confidence and a reduction in overall stress. Because if there is one thing we golfers tend to stress over the most, it is hitting a really good chip shot.
Is the Square Strike Legal?
So now’s the point where you might be asking yourself; “With how well this club performs, is it even legal to use during a round of golf?”. And the answer to that question is yes, it is legal to use during regular and tournament play. The entire club fits within the USGA guidelines for a legal golf club.
While it may be marketed as a wedge, the Square Strike Wedge is much more similar to a “chipper club” or “chipping wedge”. A chipper is a legal club but is usually classified as a specialty club rather than a traditional wedge. But of course, classification and naming is just a technicality. No matter what though, the Square Strike Wedge is legal to use in any round of golf.
Who should use the Square Strike?
Let’s first answer this question by telling you who shouldn’t use the Square Strike. Advanced level golfers or golfers who already have great chipping and wedge shots should continue using a traditional wedge. Also, any golfer who wants to generally get better at traditional chipping should focus on practicing chip shots rather than using the Square Strike Wedge.
Now that we have outlined who shouldn’t be using the Square Strike, now we can focus on who can benefit the most. The first group of golfers who have the most to gain from the square strike are experienced, high handicap golfers. Senior golfers may also benefit from using the Square Strike thanks to its shorter club length and simpler swing style.
Beginner golfers could also consider using the Square Strike Wedge, but many PGA professionals would advise against this. Most golf instructors and professionals would rather recommend that beginners first use and practice with a traditional wedge before relying on a “chipper”.
Where to buy the Square Strike Wedge
Due to its overwhelming popularity, the Square Strike Wedge can be found for sale on many different golf websites and marketplaces. Amazon is a very popular place for golfers to purchase the Square Strike and you can click any of the links on this page to take you to the product page. Most of the websites that carry the Square Strike have similar prices (more on this later).
The one place you will not likely find the Square Strike is at your local clubhouse or sporting store. This is due to the product deals and licenses that golf retailers and courses have in place. Plus, the Square Strike is a specialty club meaning that it makes the most sense to offer it as an online-only deal.
Square Strike Wedge Price
As with any product, its price can really be what makes the difference between a bad and great buy. In the case of the Square Strike Wedge, the price of around $100 is about average for higher-end wedges. Titleist, Cleveland, and Ping all retail their latest wedges somewhere between $90 and $110 per wedge. So the Square Strike Wedge is not too high in its asking price.
The only thing that is negative to the $100 price is the price-to-performance ratio. While the Square Strike might be considered one of the best golf chippers on the market, its performance vs a traditional wedge is somewhat lacking.
One example is in the versatility of traditional wedges. Whether in a bunker, fairway, or rough, a traditional style wedge will be able to provide the shot type needed. The Square Strike, on the other hand, is very limited in what it can do. Bunker shots are tough to hit well, and longer shots from the fairway can be hard to control. So just be mindful that the Square Strike is perfect for close shots around the green, while other chip shots will be difficult to pull off.
Pros & Cons
Here is a quick summary of the pros and cons of the Square Strike Wedge:
- Easy To Use
- Variety Of Lofts
- Great Control & Accuracy
- High-Quality Construction
- Legal For Tournament Play
- A Little Pricey
- Not Very Versatile
You’ve made it to the end of our review for the Square Strike Wedge! We hope that this guide has answered all your burning questions about this highly unique golf wedge. But before you decide to go buy the Square Strike Wedge, here is one last piece of information/advice.
Have your expectations in line with what this chipper can do. Can it help eliminate bad chips and overall improve your short game? Sure. But can it tackle a variety of shots like a traditional style wedge? Not really. It’s also important to realize that Square Strike can become a bit of a crutch. It can help your short game get better, but it keeps you from actually addressing and practicing problem shots with a more versatile wedge.
Regardless of your situation, the Square Strike Wedge is an excellent golf club that really does live up to its expectations. Because of this, it’s no wonder that it is the #1 best selling wedge on Amazon. So go ahead and add the Square Strike Wedge to your golf bag today and experience instant chipping improvement!
Square Strike Wedge
Struggling with your short game? Investing in a chipper is a good way to improve shots around the green and the Square Strike wedge is a great club!
- Quality & Durability
- Game Improvement