Jon Rahm is another in the long line of Spanish golfers that has captured the imagination of the golfing world with the combination of talent, power, and finesse in his short game. It was no surprise that he became number one in the Official World Golf Ranking in 2020.
This increased the interest shown in Jon Rahm’s clubs used in his successful rise to the top of the world rankings.
In line with his Spanish heritage, it is not surprising that Jon Rahm is a “Feel” player and applies this in his club selection as well. Jon is known to have said on occasion that he selects his clubs on the way it feels in his hands and during the swing rather than base his decision on the technology and technical specifications of the clubs.
Jon became a father for the first time a couple of days before the 2021 Masters Tournament finishing tied for fifth with a six-under-par round in the last round.
Jon Rahm – What’s In The Bag?
Jon Rahm was born on November 10, 1994, in Barrika, Basque Country, Spain.
Currently measuring in at 6 feet 2 inches weighing just under 100 kilograms.
- He studied for a Bachelor in Arts in Communication at the Arizona State University where he won eleven tournaments which places him second only to Phil Mickelson.
- Rahm won several individual honors as an amateur, including being the first player to win the Ben Hogan Award (2015 and 2016).
- In 2015 Jon held the top spot in the World Amateur Golf Ranking for 60 weeks.
- In his final year as an amateur, he ended as low amateur in the 2016 US Open with +7 placing him 23rd.
- Shortly after this excellent performance in the US Open, Jon Rahm turned professional in 2016.
- Won his first major at the US Open in 2021 on fathers day.
Some Interesting Facts About Jon
Turning professional in 2016 Jon forfeited his exemption to the 2016 Open Championship but made amends for that in his first tournament by finishing third in the Quicken Loans National.
Jon Rahm’s lowest score on the PGA Tour came during the third round of the 2020 WGC Mexico Championship when he shot a 10 under par 61.
The Master’s Tournament in 2020 will be remembered for being held outside of the normal April window and for the hole in one that Jon Rahm scored on the sixteenth hole during the par 3 contest preceding the tournament.
What’s In The Bag?
All the clubs they are currently using (from Putter to Driver).
Fairway Woods – 3-wood – 14.2-degree Fairway Callaway Epic Speed Sub Zero Prototype with 43 ¼ inches Aldila Tour Green 75 TX shaft. 5-wood – 18.1-degree Fairway Callaway Epic Speed Sub Zero Prototype with 42-inch Graphite Design Tour AD DI Black 8 X shaft.
Irons – 4-PW – standard length Callaway Apex TCB with Project X 6.5 shafts.
Wedges – 52-degree, 56-degree, and 60-degree Callaway Jaws Forged “Rahmbo” with Project X 6.5 shafts.
Putter – 2-degree Odyssey 2-Ball Ten with 37-inch Prototype Double Bend shaft.
Ball – Callaway Chrome Soft X 2020.
Glove – Jon Rahm Callaway gloves.
Shoes – Adidas CODECHAOS Primeknit Boa.
Jon Rahm constantly competes for the top spot in the golf rankings and the FedEx Cup, as proven in the 2021 Masters Tournament shortly after the birth of his first child. After his withdrawal from the Memorial tournament, he comes back and wins the 2021 US open on fathers day!
Jon is sure to compete for the top spot on the FedEx Cup standings at the final playoff of the 2021 season.
Feedback in the comments section will be much appreciated.
- PGA, https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.46970.jon-rahm.html.
- Golf Digest, https://www.golfdigest.com/story/jon-rahm-switch-to-callaway-is-official-what-you-need-to-know.