Traveling with your prized golf clubs can be a stressful experience if you are worried about how they are packaged. If you take regular golf vacations or plan to take regular golf holidays then a golf bag is an absolute must. Perhaps you already have one that is a little tired and are in need of a new one.
Everyone has heard tales of baggage attendants throwing suitcases and luggage with force into the hold on airplanes so buying a quality, sturdy, and cushioned golf bag will ensure the survival of your clubs.
Arriving at your vacation with damaged or broken clubs is going to not only be expensive to replace but also put a damper on the holiday. For this reason, we recommend investing in the best golf travel bag to avoid any disappointment.
🏆 Quick Look at the Best Golf Travel Bags 🏆
In the following post we highlight the best travel golf bags available as well as a buyers guide on features to look for.
10 Best Travel Golf Bags
Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Golf Travel Bag
- MODEL: Meridian
The SunMountain Club Glider Meridian is a heavy-duty travel bag with an integrated leg set to support the entire weight of the bag.
The leg mechanism extends and retracts in one easy motion making it very easy to load and unload your golf bag. Along with two way, heavy-duty zippers that run the entire length of the bag.
Smooth to use, the caster wheels offer no resistance and the pivoting wheels allow for ease of maneuverability. The axles of the bag are durable, heat-treated and designed to last.
Primarily made from nylon, a hard plastic tray covers the bottom which is where the legs retract into. A strong internal spring holds the legs in place so it is unlikely that they will accidentally extend during travel.
A thin layer of padding is spread through the bag with additional foam padding around the top to protect the clubheads.
Conveniently this bag folds away for storage purposes when not in used.
- Empty bag weight of 11.3 pounds
- Internal dimensions 52” X 14” X 14”
- Ballistic style nylon material
- Two inline skate wheels
- Three handle positions
- Two straps attach and form a handle in the middle and one at the base
- Two internal straps to hold the golf bag in place
- Two external pockets
- Five color choices
With ample space for your cubs and carry bag there is still room for any additional accessories or clothing you may need.
The top of the SunMountain Club Glider Meridian is tapered for a more snug fit around the clubheads for protection. With glowing customer reviews this bag glides with ease wherever you need to go.
Caddy Daddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Cover
1 used from $78.95
- WARRANTY AND SERVICE: CaddyDaddy has been designing and selling high quality golf products from CHANDLER, AZ for over 20 years. We stand behind every product and include a 1 YEAR FULL REPLACEMENT WARRANTY on all travel bag purchases (2 years on the First Class bag). We even cover damage caused by airline mishandling. If you need warranty assistance, please visit our website and reach out to our US BASED customer service team. We respond within 48 hours and typically same business day.
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL, HEAVY PADDING ON TOP: The golf travel cover bag features 1800D fabric construction (3x the thickness of 600D fabric). Cinch straps are provided externally and internally to keep the bags from moving during travel and transportation.
- PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT: The bag also has riveted handles - nylon padding and heavy duty rubber handles for easy carry and transport. It also comes with lockable zippers and large, oversized pockets to store additional golf gear and equipment like tees, shirts, shoes, balls, etc.
- EQUIPPED WITH INLINE SKATE WHEELS: Whether you are a pro on tour or are big on golf travel, this padded golf cover bag is your perfect travel companion. It also comes with 2 oversized pockets to store additional golf accessories like shoes, tees, balls, and other items.
- GOLF BAG DESIGNED FOR TRAVELING: CaddyDaddy’s Constrictor Golf Bag Cover is designed specifically for protecting your golf clubs and equipment while traveling - air or auto. It offers excellent value for money and is a must-have travel bag for all golfers.
The Caddy Daddy Golf Constrictor 2 is one of the best selling, affordable golf travel bags available.
Inline wheels make for ease of transporting the bag. Made from durable nylon and a heavily padded top this protects your clubheads and belongings while in transit.
The material used to create this bag is weatherproof 1800 denier advanced grade nylon. Lockable main zippers offer more security – should you want it.
Featuring reinforced stress points along with heavy-duty curb rails this bag is a sturdy, entry-level travel bag.
Molded and padded handles also make it comfortable to grip, lift and wheel the bag through an airport. The handles have a riveted design to improve the strength.
So why is this bag so much cheaper than other models? It lacks interior straps and a sturdy backbone and the material isn’t as durable as the more premium models reviewed. These factors aside, if you are looking for a basic and budget-friendly travel golf bag then this is a good choice.
- Empty bag weight of 9 pounds
- Accommodates all bags up to 10” cart bags
- Dimensions: 50″ x 13″ x 15″
- Heavy duty lockable zippers
- Two side pockets
- Heavily padded top
- Inline wheels
- Collapsible for ease of storage
- Two restraining straps on the outside
- One for the clubheads and one for the center
- Four handles
- One at the top, two in the middle and one at the base
- Four color scheme options
Two large lockable external pockets are an attractive feature of the bag and you can easily fit shoes or other belongings.
The purchase of a Caddy Daddy Golf Constrictor 2 includes a 1 year full replacement guarantee. While this isn’t a lifetime warranty as offered by others this is still great value for this price range.
AmazonBasics Soft-Sided Golf Travel Bag
$47.81 in stock
- Soft-sided golf travel bag for conveniently transporting a set of golf clubs (not included)
- Made of durable polyester fabric; reinforced stress points; stands up on its own when holding a set of clubs
- Smooth-rolling, inline-skate-style wheels; heavy-duty curb rails; well-placed, riveted handles
- Compression straps keep clubs secure; heavily padded top section protects club heads
- Multiple zippered compartments for storing extra gear; measures 50 by 13 by 15 inches
The Amazon Basics Soft Travel Bag is a budget-friendly bag made from durable waterproof black canvas.
Reinforced stress points allow for this bag to be stood upright along with heavy-duty curb rails and handles. External compression straps secure the clubs and a padded upper section offers more protection.
The only issue is there isn’t an internal compression strap to stop your belongings from moving around.
The main compartment fits a medium-sized golf bag and a driver up to 50 inches long. A full-length zipper down the middle makes it easy to load and unload the bag. There are also two zippered side pockets that can fit plenty of accessories, clothing and other essentials you may need.
When not in use, this soft bag is collapsible and easily stored away. The biggest attraction to this bag is that it is very affordable. We do not recommend this case for airport travel although for road trips it offers excellent protection.
- Empty bag weight of 7.5 pounds
- Dimensions 13″ x 15″ x 50″
- Made from waterproof black canvas
- Full-length zipper
- Two large zippered side pockets
- Smooth-rolling wheels
- Comfortable handles
A comfortable pull handle and two wheels make it easy to transport to and from your car. At this price you are missing out on the durability and cushioning offered by the more premium products, however, the Amazon Basics Soft Travel Bag is a great choice for those who are budget restricted.
Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case
2 used from $234.88
- Molded from ultra-high, molecular weight polyethylene and is made to prevent dirt, dust, and moisture from getting in the case; Measure your clubs to ensure a suitable fit inside this travel case; Weight: 15.71 pounds;
The SKB Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case is a premium hard case travel bag. The company specializes in quality, hard travel suitcases for every sport and need as opposed to just golf cases specifically. This is a top-quality product none the less!
Made from ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene this is a solid case that is designed to last a lifetime. This is the same material required and used by the U.S. military for cases and containers.
A sculptured and form fitting design, it accommodates the majority of golf bags and drivers up to 48 inches long.
In addition to this virtually indestructible exterior, the case also includes a 1/2 inch thick padding around the top of the interior of the case. This is great for extra cushioning for the clubheads and although there is no interior strap to secure the golf bag, it is a tight fit so movement is limited.
- Case weight empty 17 pounds
- 3 industrial strength latches to secure the case
- The middle latch has a TSA approved lock (2 keys are included)
- Convenient tow handle
- Lift handle in the center of the case
- 2 inline wheels
- Lifetime warranty
Hard cases are much more difficult to maneuver through airports and although the tow handles make for easy pulling it can still be hard to navigate your way around people and obstacles.
There is a center handle on the SKB Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case that does help to lift the case in and out of vehicles, while the flat base means it can be stood upright if needed.
By far the biggest drawcard to this travel case is the lifetime warranty and $1,500 club coverage in the event of damage to your set. Meaning if your clubs are somehow damaged SKB will pay up to $1,500 to repair or replace your equipment. This is unheard of with any other brand and goes to show the confidence this company has in its products.
Golf Travel Bags Unisex Caravan 3.0 Bag
- Strong 600 denier polyester blend material
- Padded top for club protection
- Two exterior pockets, Security strap ,Protective PVC bottom
The Golf Caravan 3.0 Travel Bag is another budget friendly yet highly rated golf bag made from a polyester blend.
A sturdy design, this bag is made from a 600 denier polyester blend with extra padding along the top.
There are two exterior pockets for storage as well as a protective PVC bottom and security strap. A deluxe wheel system with in-line wheels in wrap around housing makes for very smooth transporting.
Included is an interior tie-down strap is included in the design to secure your golf equipment in place. The comfort grip rubber handle makes it easy to maneuver the bag where you need to go.
- Empty bag weight 5 pounds
- Dimensions 51″ x 14″ x 11″
- Two exterior pockets
- Protective PVC bottom
- Security strap
- Interior tie-down strap
- Rubber handle
- Available in five different colors
Overall, the Golf Caravan 3.0 Travel Bag is a well made, budget-friendly golf travel bag that offers extra protection of your golf clubs during transportation.
PING Golf Men's Rolling Travel Cover
- 6 handles for easy lifting
- Quickly folds
The Ping Rolling Travel Cover has a four wheelbase design which has been manufactured by a golf company. Sturdy, this soft case bag is made from a combination of nylon and vinyl materials along with a reinforced base for extra strength.
Easy to fold away for convenience this bag also has smooth-rolling urethane wheels along with skid rails for ease of maneuverability. In addition, there are 6 handles on the bag making it easy to pick up and carry when and where needed.
- Empty bag weight 10 pounds
- Dimensions 53″ x 17″ x 14.5″
- Easily folded away
- Durable materials
- Smooth-rolling wheels
- Skid rails
- 6 handles for ease of lifting
- Zip-off front pocket
The Ping Rolling Travel Cover has durable zippers and is easy to use and to wheel through airports. Padding in all the right places, this bag offers protection and support where needed.
Club Glove Last Bag Medium Collegiate Golf Travel Bag
- The last bag is used by more touring professionals on the PGA, Champions, and lpga tours than any other product in golf
- Single piece burst proof construction made with in vista cordura 1000 D water resistant Nylon up to 3x stronger and lasts up to 5x longer than standard polyester
- Completely manufactured in the U.S.A. With all US made fabrics . Limited Lifetime Warranty
- High-impact plastic wheel base that cradles and shields the bottom with in-line skate wheels with bearings
- Two piece Fully integrated handle for added support and unmatched strength (patent pending)
The Club Glove Last Bag Golf Travel cover is a premium, large and collapsible bag that can accommodate a golf bag up and a driver up to 47inches as well as space for accessories and gear.
The preferred choice by PGA professionals this is a must-have for frequent travelers. Made in the USA this bag is durable and well padded. The exterior is made from Cordura and there is extra-thick foam padding on the interior.
Invista Cordura is 1000 D water-resistant nylon that is incredibly strong and burst proof. It is 3 x stronger than polyester and designed to last five times longer than polyester.
In addition to this, there is also a high-impact wheel base that cradles and shields the bottom of the bag. It also makes transporting the bag through the airport a lot easier.
The fully integrated two-piece handle makes it easy to lift into and out of a car. In addition to the functionality there are also two large shoe pockets that have individual shoe bags, YKK zippers, and ITW Nexus buckles.
- 1 strap on the inside for securing the packed golf bag
- 3 restraining straps with buckles for support
- One for the clubheads, one for the center and one for the base
- Durable clips on the outside of the bag
- Removable shoulder strap
- Two inline stake wheels
- Three handles
- Two in the middle of the bad and one at the base
- Thick padding for additional clubhead protection
- Empty bag weight of 10.5 pounds
- 16 color options
The Club Glove Last Bag Golf Travel comes with a lifetime warranty to cover material and workmanship defects. It is important to note that this warranty covers damage to the bag only and not your clubs.
Bag Boy T-2000 Pivot Grip Wheeled Travel Cover
- Ergonomic patented Pivot-Grip handle twists to the bag position which reduces arm and wrist strain in transit
- Deluxe skid resistant ABS Base
- Lockable, full wrap-around main zipper simplifies access and packing
- Deluxe in-line skate wheels provide smooth rolling action
- Internal compression strap stabilizes bag during travel
Bag Boy T-2000 Travel Cover offers a pivoting front ergonomic handle which reduces strain as you pull the bag behind you.
Made from nylon and a skid-resistant ABS base this bag is lockable with a full wrap around main zipper that simplifies the packing and unpacking process.
Inline wheels make it easy to transport although this bag struggles to stand upright on its own. While there is an external pocket with space for your shoes there is very little room inside the case once your clubs are packed.
- Empty weight 10 pounds
- Dimensions 10.4″ x 53″ x 14″
- Five handles
- Pivoting top handle fixed at top, lifting strap in middle, two straps that connect in the middle and one at the base
- Shoe/accessory pocket on the spine
- Two garment pockets – one on each side
- Internal, adjustable strap to secure your golf bag
- Two in-line skate wheels
- Five color options
With ample padding at the top of the bag to protect the club heads, the Bag Boy T-2000 Travel Cover hasn’t got any padding in the bottom half of the bag which is slightly concerning.
Paragon Advocate Plus Travel Cover with Wheels
|Binding||Tools & Hardware|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 7610384010088|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 800; Length: 1740; Weight: 650; Width: 1670|
|Product Type Name||SPORTING_GOODS|
|Title||Paragon Advocate Plus Travel Cover with Wheels (Black/Silver)|
Basic and affordable the Paragon Golf Travel Bag is durable and weather resistant with basic padding and wheels.
Made from polyesters this bag has an inner PVC backing for additional strength. The top of this bag offers padding for club protection.
Easy to open and load your gear, there is an inner tie-down strap to secure your golf bag in place. There is also a large external front pocket for other golf accessories.
A rugged ABS high impact base has been designed for this bag along with reinforced padding for shock absorption.
The in-line skate wheels function well although two wheels are much more difficult to use than four! I recommend this bag for use while traveling by vehicle but I would be hesitant to use it while flying.
- PVC backing
- Durable construction
- Padding along the top for club head protection
- ABS impact base
The Paragon Golf Travel Bag presents great value for this price range and is hard to overlook. A basic travel bag with minimal padding and features that will cart your golf equipment from A to B with ease.
OGIO 2018 Straight Jacket Travel Cover
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 20.88 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 15.38 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 12.63 Inches
The OGIO Straight Jacket Cover is a lightweight yet quality travel golf bag with plenty of features. Internal cinch down straps ensures all your equipment remains in place during your travels.
Fully padded, this bag protects your clubs from top to bottom. Smooth urethane wheels make for ease of transport while the tip-resistant technology offers great stability.
There’s one large main compartment to fit your golf bag – this model is designed for tour sized bags. The twin outer pockets also offer space for accessories you may want to travel with.
Lightweight, this bag still has a reinforced base, ample padding as well as secure zippers to ensure your clubs are protected.
- Empty bag weight 7.6 pounds
- Dimensions 50″ H x 15″ W x 15″ D
- Reinforced base
- Durable wheels
- Large main compartment
- Two outer pockets
An affordable option for a premium case, the OGIO Straight Jacket Cover is a solid bag that is durable and comes with a lifetime warranty.
Intended Use – What Type of Travelling Do you Want to Use it For?
The type of travel bag and the solidity, durability, and material used should be a reflection of the traveling you intended to do with it.
If you will be flying with it then you really do want to have the best quality – ideally a hard case.
For those who will be driving the majority of the time then a simple, minimal cushioned yet resilient bag will suffice.
There are hard and soft cases. For flying, I definitely recommend a hard case but for driving, buses or trains then a soft case will be ok.
Both bags come with their pros and cons, a soft case will be much more affordable than a hard case but for good reason.
Features to Consider with Golf Travel Bags
Hard Case or Soft case?
Hard case golf bags offer the most protection. Durable and strong, these bags are a lot heavier than a soft case, although many come with wheels for ease of transport. If you are traveling via plane then be sure to factor this into your baggage weight allowance.
Soft case golf bags are lighter and generally cheaper. They are also easier to store and fit into cars as they offer more flexibility. With soft cases, the amount of cushioning varies, of course, it is still important to find a bag with sufficient padding for the clubs.
Lightweight soft case bags are easy to carry, easy to transport and are less likely to attract overweight fees in airports. Although depending on your airline, some offer free transport of sporting equipment within certain measurements and weights.
However, for airline use I recommend hard case bags which are much heavier than soft cases although much more protective. When buying the travel case be sure to check the weight when empty.
Size limits apply to checked baggage and also fitting your bag into the trunk of your car needs to be considered. A golf bag is generally defined as carrying no more than 14 golf clubs, one pair of golf shoes and no more than 12 golf balls.
There are some soft bags that are completely collapsible which makes for excellent storage when not in use.
The feel and durability of your golf bag is also a top consideration as this is the most vulnerable part. The outer material is exposed to the elements, baggage handlers and trunk space. There are a few different materials that can be used for these bags.
A material that is easy to clean is also important, a popular fabric for soft cases is Cordura with a base of ballistic nylon. Although there are many different golf bag materials available.
Padding around the club heads is vital but equally important is the padding around the sides. The cushioning plays an important role in absorbing any shock or rough handling.
Organizing your clubs and accessories should also be considered when choosing the design and style of your golf bag. Travel bags tend to offer more pockets and space for things including shoes, balls, clubs and any other accessories you need.
Wheels & Handles
Many hard case golf bags will have built-in wheels for ease of transport.
Handles are also an important consideration as they need to withstand the carry pressure and weight of your equipment. Some soft bags will also have shoulder straps for carrying this way too.
If you have invested a lot of money into your equipment then a luggage lock is a good idea to protect your valuables. Golf bags are checked into oversize or ‘other’ luggage which means they can be unattended for longer periods of time.
A personal preference, what kind of style do you like? The color combination and patterns used should be a reflection of your taste and your golfing style. There are many different options in this category!
Quality manufacturers of golf bags will also include a warranty on their golfing products, if you are paying a premium then a warranty is expected.
Golf travel bags are a must-have for vacations or trips away where you intend to play golf. To ensure the safety and arrival of your clubs in one piece, investing in a high-quality golf travel bag is essential. There are two types to choose from either hard case or soft case and they each have their pros and cons. For airline travel, I recommend hard case bags but for everything else, a soft case will be suitable.
Finding a bag with adequate padding and room for your accessories is also very important. The products reviewed in this post are all top quality, so be sure to read through the detailed buyer guide and all of the golf travel bag reviews before making your decision.
Best Golf Travel Bag
Golf travel bags are a must-have for any travel you need to do with your clubs. There are two types to choose from – hard and soft cases, each one has pros and cons!
- Club Glove
- Sun Mountain
- Caddy Daddy Golf
- SKB Deluxe
- Ping Golf
- Amazon Basics Soft Case
- Paragon Golf
- Golf Travel Bag Unisex