Francesco Molinari is an Italian golfer paying on the PGA and European tours, as well as several team events such as the World Cup of golf and the Ryder cup. Molinari is a major winner having won the 2018 Open championship.
This success has sparked major interest from Italians and other golf enthusiasts regarding Francesco Molinari clubs.
Molinari was an equipment-free agent allowing him to play with any clubs but after an extremely successful 2018, he signed a multi-year deal with Callaway. This sparked additional interest in Francesco Molinari club selection.
Francesco Molinari – What’s In The Bag?
Francesco Molinari was born in Turin, Italy on November 8, 1982.
He measures in at 5 feet 8 inches and weighs in at 159 pounds.
- Molinari maintains a residence in Turin, Italy, and shared time between Italy and a residence in London.
- In 2020 Molinari decide to change residence from London to California to enable him to spend more time on the PGA Tour.
- Molinari turned professional in 2005 after earning his European Tour card through qualifying school.
- Through consistent performances, Francesco earned his full PGA Tour card for the 2014–15 season.
Some Interesting Facts about Francesco
- Francesco and Edoardo Molinari became the first Italians to win the World Cup at the Omega Mission Hills World Cup in China on 29 November 2009.
- As a leading Italian golfer, Francesco continued to set new records by becoming the first Italian since Massimo Mannelli in 1980 to win his national title at the Telecom Italia Open in May 2006.
- Francesco represented Europe in the Ryder cup and in September 2018 Molinari became the first player ever to score 5 wins 0 losses and 0 draws in the Ryder Cup Tournament.
- In October 2010 the Molinari brothers represented Europe in the 2010 Ryder Cup laying together in the four-balls
- To date, Francesco’s lowest score on professional tours is a 61
- Francesco’s consistency allowed him to rise up the world rankings peaking at no 6 in 2018.
- This was also the year that Molinari became the European Race to Dubai title, the European Tours equivalent of the FedEx Cup.
- Another first for an Italian golfer was achieved on 16 December 2018 when he received the 2018 BBC World Sport Star of the Year.
- Away from golf, Molinari is an avid football 9soccer) fan supporting Internazionale from Milan and West Ham United in the English leagues. His interest in English football was piqued when another Italian, Gianfranco Zola started managing West ham in 2008.
What’s In The Bag?
After signing with Callaway, the compilation of Francesco Molinari’s clubs changed as set out below.
Driver – 9-degreed Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero with a Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70 shaft.
3-wood – 13.5-degree Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero with a Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 80 shaft.
Utility club – 20-degree Callaway Apex with a Mitsubishi Tensei shaft.
Irons – Callaway Apex Pro irons (4-PW)all with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 shafts.
Putter – Odyssey Toulon Design Austin Stroke Lab.
Ball – Callaway Chrome Soft X “diamond” prototype.
Francesco Molinari has not had a momentous year in 2021 and was forced to withdraw from the 2021 PGA Championship due to a back injury adding further woes to his year.
After missing a few cuts combined with the injury it does not bode well for Francesco to reach the heights of 2018 in the 2021 FedEx or European Tour playoffs. Time will tell.
- PGA, https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.25198.francesco-molinari.html