All-in-one golf sets have always been a hit among first time and beginner golfers. Not only are these sets cost-effective, but they also include everything a golfer needs to hit the links. From clubs to a bag, these sets truly have it all.
At the top of the best selling list of all-in-one sets is the Callaway Strata. With lots of great quality clubs and an easy to carry bag, its no wonder golfers choose this set over the competitors. But if you want to learn more about the Callaway Strata set and if it is the right all-in-one set for you, read on!
Because in this article, we will be reviewing everything you need to know before you make your purchase. We’ll even touch on topics like who the Callaway Strata set is best suited for and what type of benefits and drawbacks are present.
Callaway Men's Strata
$321.08 in stock
1 used from $303.99
- The Strata 12 piece set is designed for maximum performance right out of the box; The set includes: Driver, 3 Wood, 5 Hybrid, 6 - 9 Iron, PW, Putter, Stand Bag and 2 Head covers
- Woods: Lightweight 460cc forged driver that has a large sweet spot, a titanium head, and provides more forgiveness to help you hit it farther off the tee. An oversized 3 wood is forgiving with a more aerodynamic head shape for long, high flying shots
- Hybrid: A 5 Hybrid is a great alternative to difficult long irons that gives you more confidence on a variety of shots
- Irons/Wedge: Stainless steel irons (6 9 irons, PW) offer a great combination of forgiveness and control
- Putter: A mallet putter with alignment to help give you incredible accuracy
While there are lots of different features with an all-in-one set like the Callaway Strata, here are the largest and most noteworthy:
- 9 Included Clubs
- Forgiving Irons
- Premium Carry Bag
These key features fall in line with most other all-in-one golf sets. The biggest difference is that the Callaway Strata set has the quality and durability that one would expect from the Callaway Brand. So not only will you have well-performing clubs, but they will last for many golf seasons.
In our next section, we will discuss every item included in the Strata set including each individual club.
Each Callaway Strata set includes nine different golf clubs and a premium carry bag. Here is a short description and the specs for each included item.
- Driver: A lightweight 460cc forged titanium driver makes for great distance and forgiveness off the tee. Callaway even increased the sweet spot for better distance on mishits. Headcover included.
- Fairway Wood: An aerodynamically shaped clubhead makes the included 3 wood easy to swing. Great balancing also results in high launching and far-carrying shots. Headcover included.
- Hybrid: An average-sized 5 hybrid helps narrow the gap between the included irons and larger fairway wood.
- Four Irons: All four irons in the Callaway Strata set cover from 6-9. Each has a simple cavity back design that promotes forgiveness and distance.
- Wedge: A single Pitching Wedge is included and follows a similar design as the other four irons in the bag.
- Putter: A hybrid mallet/blade putter that is perfect for first-time golfers. However, golfers may find themselves wanting to upgrade to a better putter.
- Premium Carry Bag: Made with lightweight materials that are both durable and comfortable, the Strata Carry Bag is top tier. It features five large pockets, a cooler pocket, and a rain hood. A well-padded dual backpack-style carry strap is also included.
It should be noted that all clubs except for the driver come with a regular flex steel shaft installed by default. The driver, on the other hand, comes with a slightly heavier flex graphite shaft. Golfers can also choose between a left or right-hand configuration.
Who is best suited to this set
Because of its cost and selection of clubs, it’s clear that the Callaway Strata set is best suited to starting or beginner golfers. So if you are new to the game of golf this set will work perfectly. It allows for a cheap entry into golf while still allowing for solid club performance.
At its current configuration, the Callaway Strata set is best used by male golfers who have an average swing speed. So if you are a senior or lady golfer, you will need to look to Callaway’s other Strata sets which have more specific clubs and flexes for different demographics.
If you are a more experienced golfer, the regular Callaway Strata set probably isn’t for you. But, Callaway does offer an upgraded version of the Strata golf set called the Callaway Strata Ultimate. This upgraded set includes a couple more clubs to fill some gaps in the original Strata set. Overall, the Strata Ultimate set is much better suited for more experienced golfers that want a full golf set.
Benefits & Drawbacks
While we have already discussed many of the Strata golf set’s benefits throughout this article, here is a quick recap. The set includes nine different clubs that cover all the main categories. All the clubs are easy to swing and offer total forgiveness as well as decent distance. Plus the price for the entire set is at a very affordable $250.
Of course, with any low-cost all-in-one golf set, there are some drawbacks. The first drawback is that while Callaway is the brand behind Strata, the Callaway name does not show up anywhere on the set. Not on the bag, clubs, or even the headcovers. So if you are looking to flaunt the Callaway name, think again!
Another drawback with this set has to deal with the build quality. At the price, you shouldn’t be expecting top tier clubs but the clubs should still be able to hold up for a while. Some golfers have had some poor build experiences with the Strata set. Reports of chipping paint, broken shafts, and even denting on the driver’s head have been reported. Some of these issues could be blamed on the golfers themselves, but many of these issues are solely because of cheaper materials and poor build quality.
There have also been mixed reports about Callaway’s after purchase product support related to club issues. To avoid this, make sure you buy from a retailer that has excellent customer service, like Amazon, who can work on getting any defective clubs replaced.
Overall the Callaway Strata golf set is, and will continue to be, an excellent all-in-one golf set. With an affordable price and good clubs, you just can’t go wrong! But keep your expectations in line with what the set can deliver. While it is a respectable set, it won’t play as well as the newest Callaway or TaylorMade set.
Our recommendation is that this set be used by beginner golfers who are just starting with the game of golf. Not only are the clubs easy to use but also keep the cost to entry low. Another benefit of using the Callaway Strata set as a beginner is that you can get a feel for your individual golf game and easily upgrade to better clubs at a later time. More expensive sets don’t really give golfers this option since the price of an expensive set will be the same as building a custom set of clubs.
Hopefully, this review of the Callaway Strata set has answered all your burning questions about the set. If you still have questions or want to detail your experience using the Callaway Strata, drop us a comment below.
We’ve also covered the following reviews which may be of interest to beginners: