From the same great engineers that brought you the ever-popular Square Strike Wedge comes on of the best wedges for bunker play – the C3i Wedge. Thanks to some innovative features and special tuning the C3i Wedge allows for a much simpler swing for easy bunker shots. And if you have been thinking about picking a specialized wedge like the C3i for bunker shots, you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, we will be taking a closer look at and reviewing the C3i Wedge. We will take a look at some of the C3i’s key features and technology. There will also be a section that examines who the C3i Wedge can benefit. We will wrap the review up with a roundup of the biggest benefits and drawbacks of the wedge.
C3i Wedge Review
- YOUR CHOICE OF HAND: Choose the hand that matches the other clubs in your set. If you play right-handed irons, for example, choose right hand. EASILY ESCAPE BUNKERS IN ONE; The C3i lob wedge is extra-wide. Its auto-glide sole cuts through the sand without skipping or digging; This sand wedge is a high loft golf club for men and women that gets the ball up easily to clear the lip and stop it quickly on the green;
- NO-FRICTION GLIDE THROUGH TURF, NO-EFFORT FLOP SHOTS; The C3i golf wedges for men and women have an extra curve and beveled leading edge that reduce interaction with the ground for consistently clean contact; Hosel and heel shaped to eliminate catching and snagging in rough and to minimize material collection in the pocket; 65 degrees of loft pop the ball high with no effort, no special swing technique required; Clip it cleanly off of tight lies; Hit impressive, soaring flop with ease
- LESS COMPLICATED SWING VS TRADITIONAL WEDGES; The C3i golf wedge is specially-engineered. The design of our sand wedge lets you set up and aim directly at your target; No opening your stance or the blade to hit high and soft; Just set up square and swing to get the golf club close to the pin from a variety of lies; Ease of swing promotes greater confidence when standing over the ball; Enjoy more tap-in putts for birdie and par.
- FEATURED IN GOLF DIGEST’s article “5 Wedges to Help You Hit Better Sand Shots”; The C3i sand wedge was independently tested and verified by MyGolfSpy, chosen by them as a standout among specialty wedges, even beating out a traditional wedge for percentage of shots lefts in the bunker and proximity to the hole.
- LEGAL FOR TOURNAMENT PLAY, 1-YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY; The C3i sand wedge and lob wedge golf club for men and women conforms to the rules of golf, Give yourself an edge without breaking any rules; High-quality construction backed by 1-year manufacturer warranty against defects
Lots of special features are included on the C3i Wedge to make it the perfect wedge for bunkers. Here is a quick roundup of the best features:
- Extra Wide Sole
- Up to 65-degrees of loft
- Simplified Swing
- 1 Year Warranty
As you can see, most of these listed features can’t be found on other traditional sand wedges. This makes the C3i wedge a specialty wedge that focuses on promoting quick and easy shots out of bunkers and around the greens.
It’s also important to note that many of the features like higher than average lofts and an extra-wide sole make the C3i lift the ball higher than traditional wedges. So the C3i Wedge will only have a maximum range of about 50 yards and not completely replace a traditional wedge.
At this point, it’s pretty clear that the C3i Wedge isn’t your usual wedge. But to get all the innovative features the engineers used some pretty cool technology throughout the wedge. Perhaps the most important piece of technology is the Extra Wide Sole.
As most traditional wedges have a thinner sole with a bounce grind, the C3i wedge extends the sole of the club significantly. This extended sole helps improve turf interactions keeping golfers from chunking or blading most chip shots. Another benefit of an Extra Wide Sole is a much more simplified swing.
C3i also improves loft technology to a staggering 65 degrees allowing for super high flop shots. The best part is that because of the wider sole, the extra loft isn’t all the noticeable at address. This makes high shots over hazards as simple as can be.
Who can benefit from this club
Based on the design and marketing the C3i Wedge is meant to benefit one main group of golfers – those who have trouble in sand bunkers. Of course, sand bunkers can always be a bit tricky for golfers of any skill level. But the C3i would be best for golfers who find themselves unable to consistently get the ball out of the sand in one shot.
Golfers who have trouble with chip shots around the green may also find some benefit in using the C3i. But again, the C3i Wedge does not have that large of a range so it is only useful for shots within 25 yards.
Benefits & Drawbacks
The biggest benefit the C3i has to offer golfers is simplicity and guaranteed chip shots from within 25 yards. Plus the added one year warranty also shows that the creators of the C3i Wedge stand behind their product. For comparison, most other high-end wedges come with no warranty.
Despite the C3i doing a standout job as a specialty wedge, there are some drawbacks. First, the C3i has a very limited range. The max range is 50 yards but outside of 25 yards, the C3i becomes somewhat hard to control. Another drawback is the specialty nature of the wedge. While it does a great job out of bunkers and around greens, it still takes away the versatility and range of a traditional wedge.
Overall, the C3i Wedge is a great wedge for those who have trouble chipping around the green. Plus, it can help you get out of almost any bunker in just one simple stroke. Just for those reasons alone, the C3i is worthy of a spot in any golf bag.
But golfers need to be aware of the lack of versatility in this wedge. The face can’t be opened or closed and in tight lies, the club just won’t work. So make sure that you are alright with these shortcomings before adding the club to your bag. If you do want to pick up the C3i Wedge you also better be willing to fork out some cash as the wedge retails for $100.
In the end, the C3i Wedge is perfect for those who just want to worry less around the green. We definitely recommend this club over other specialty wedges due to the durability and offered warranty. So add the C3i Wedge to your and start hitting it closer out of the sand!
Deciding if this is the right wedge for your golf bag is easier with our detailed reviews and ratings.
Value for Money
C3i Wedge DEALS
We collect information from many stores for best price available