One of the most popular types of wedges in golf are Lob Wedges. With their high lofts, they are perfect for hitting high shots over hazards. Also, most come with a versatile grind to make hitting shots on tight lies a breeze. So its no wonder you can find a lob wedge in most golfers’ bags.
Because of how popular lob wedges are, there are many different styles and brands to choose from. But to help you narrow down the list and help you find the best one, we created this handy review guide! So in today’s article, we are going to be taking a look at the twelve best options on the market and quickly reviewing each. That way you can get all the important information you need about a wedge before you buy it!
Best Lob Wedges
Callaway Mack Daddy 4
- Due to unprecedented demand across the industry, causing a shortage of shafts and grip, we may need to substitute for an equivalent premium shaft/grip.
- Four Sole Grinds to Suit a Variety of Playing Styles, Attack Angles and Course Conditions
- Broad Range of Lofts and Bounce Combinations
- Choice of Platinum Chrome or Black Matte Finish
- Satisfying Feel from Soft Carbon Steel, Precise CG Locations and Crisp Turf Interaction
Callaway brings back a fan favorite wedge, the Mack Daddy 4, with all-new wedge tech!
- Groove-in-Groove Technology
- Variety Of Sole Grinds
- Forged Carbon Steel
Callaway has been producing the Mack Daddy series of wedges for quite a few years now. And with each iteration, Callaway builds on the wedges making them better performing and even more versatile than the last. This means that the Mack Daddy 4 has lots of new features.
Perhaps the biggest feature is the special Groove-in-Groove Technology. With this, each club has a special face grind that places small grooves between the larger grooves to create more spin. All this extra spin can be especially useful during greenside shots where there is little green to work with.
The Mack Daddy 4 also comes available with four different sole grinds that cover all types of attack angles and course conditions. Many different lofts are available, but we recommend either a 58 or 60-degree loft for a lob wedge.
- Soft, Tactile Feel
- Very Versatile
- Great Fit & Finish
Thanks to lots of spin and great control, the Callaway Mack Daddy 4 is one of the best lob wedges currently available.
Cleveland RTX 4
- BLACK SATIN A dark coloring preferred by many, with the least amount of glare at address. Our new PVD proves is ultra-durable for a longer lasting finish
- 4th GENERATION ROTEX FACE TECHNOLOGY With our sharpest Tour Zip Grooves yet, the most aggressive face milling we've developed, and even more precise laser milling, Rotex 4 generates more spin
- PROGRESSIVE FEEL BALANCING TECHNOLOGY New Muscle shaping on the back of each loft progressively adjusts the center of gravity on both the X and Y-axes, enhancing feel and distance control
- MID For neutral and steep attack angles, the MID features a V-Shaped sole enhance for smooth full shot performance and crisp pitch shots around the green
Cleveland continues its tradition in delivering outstanding wedges with the RTX 4.
- 4th-Gen Rotex Face
- Progressive Feel Balancing
- 4 Sole Grinds
It’s no secret that Cleveland’s bread and butter are short game golf clubs. From wedges to putters, Cleveland has gained praise from golfers around the world.
Thanks to an updated 4th-Gen Rotex Face the RTX 4 produces effortless spin. Cleveland states that this generation’s Rotex Face features the sharpest grooves and most aggressive milling yet. To help golfers control this spin, Cleveland included Progressive Feel Balancing which perfectly centers the Center of Gravity.
Golfers have lots of options when it comes to customizing their RTX 4. A total of ten different loft options from 48 to 64 degrees are available. Each wedge can also be ordered in one of four versatile sole grinds. For a great lob wedge configuration, we recommend choosing a 58-degree loft with a versatile low bounce sole grind.
- Ultimate Control
- Great Spin
- Clean Styling
Thanks to all these impressive features, there’s no denying that Cleveland’s RTX 4 Wedge is a step above almost all other wedges.
1 used from $117.06
- Raw Face Design
- Thick Thin Head Design
- Laser Etched Pattern
- Milled Grind
- TPU Insert
TaylorMade’s newest wedge, the MG2, features an innovative design with a focus on feel.
- Raw Face With Etching
- Thick Thin Design
- TPU Insert
In recent years, TaylorMade has been redefining itself. It has placed a focus on inventing new clubs and technology to help golfers achieve their maximum potential. All this innovation has resulted in the all-new MG2 Wedge.
With a unique Thick Thin Design, the MG2 has weight in all the right places to promote a precise flight path. To create an unsurpassed feel TaylorMade turned to a TPU Insert behind the clubhead, similar to a putter. Both the Thick Thin Design and TPU Insert make the MG2 one of the best feeling wedges on the market.
Golf ball spin out of the box is very good with the MG2 thanks to sharp grooves and ample face etching. TaylorMade left the wedge with a raw face that will rust over time to increase spin. While many different loft and bounce combinations exist, the best lob wedge configuration is 60-degrees of loft and 8-degrees of bounce.
- Excellent Feel
- Nice Spin
- Easy To Swing
For those that got the extra cash, the TaylorMade MG2 Wedge would make an excellent addition to your golf bag.
- Hydro flow micro grooves: laser etched microscopic grooves help channel away moisture for maximum spin in wet conditions
- Weight placed high, discreetly within a tapered blade for increased spin and vertical stability from off center strikes
- Grain flow forged HD: enhanced grain flow forging process that increases grain density in the impact area for the ultimate soft, solid, consistent feel
- Precise CNC milled grooves
- Premium Components include a dynamic gold Tour issue S400 wedge shaft, golf Pride grip . 60 round grip, and your choice of stain chrome or Blue Ion finish
A classic design with spin focused features come together to create the Mizuno T20 wedge.
- Grain Flow Forged
- Spin Weighted
- CNC Milled Grooves
Mizuno isn’t exactly a huge player in the golf wedge sector. But the Mizuno brand has made a name for itself across the golf industry for having very durable and well-performing clubs. So it’s no surprise that the Mizuno T20 wedge is a top tier wedge with some of the latest and greatest features.
Since quality and durability are a focus for the T20 wedge, Mizuno opted for a Grain Flow Forged clubhead. This style of clubhead has a softer and more consistent feel compared to other wedges. Mizuno also chose to use a classic Spin Weighted design to enhance the amount of spin regardless of the lie.
Like most high-end wedges, Mizuno includes CNC Milled Grooves on the T20. These grooves are complemented by numerous Hydroflow Micro Grooves which wick water away from the face in wet conditions- thus increasing spin. Many loft and grind options are available but for the best lob wedge setup, we recommend 60 degrees of loft with 6 degrees of bounce.
- Perfect For Wet Conditions
- Outstanding Feel
- Great Looks
Get closer to the pin than ever before with the outstanding feel and spin of the Mizuno T20!
Square Strike Wedge
- YOUR CHOICE OF COLOR AND HAND: Click between Shaft material “Stainless Steel” and “Stainless-Steel” to change the image; Whatever color you see when you hit “Add to Cart” is the color you are ordering. Choose the hand that matches the other clubs in your set. If you play right-handed irons, for example, choose right hand. The square strike wedge golf clubs for men and women conforms to the rules of golf; Give yourself an edge without breaking any rules with this chipping and pitching wedge
- NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO HIT FAT: The Square Strike Wedge pitching wedge has an extra-wide sole and beveled leading edge prevent digging; No more chunked pitch and chip shots reduces wasted strokes; Heavy, solid feel promotes greater confidence vs thin-faced wedges that dig and rotate; Less rotation with the Square Strike Wedge golf wedge for men and women
- .EASIER SWING MOTION VS TRADITIONAL WEDGE; The square strike wedge golf club for men and women has a putter-like length, 35.5 inches, and putter-like lie angle, 68 degrees, plus anti-rotational weighting make it easy to swing and control; No opening your stance or the clubface; Use a simple straight-back-straight-through, putter-like stroke for greater control and much more accuracy; Use this chipping wedge to chip it close from a variety of lies, Perfect for bump and runs
- MORE EFFECTIVE THAN CHIPPING WITH YOUR 7-IRON; The Shorter length of this golf wedge for men and women makes it easier to control, no gripping down; Our golf wedge for men and women Heavier club head, 330 grams, glides smoothly through the turf and minimizes overactive hands and wrists, a leading cause of fat and thin chip shots; Extra weight moved to the toe keeps club square vs rotating through impact; More loft than a 7-or 8-iron for wider variety of shots, not just low runners
- LEGAL FOR TOURNAMENT PLAY AND 1 YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY:. The Square strike wedge chipping wedge has a high-quality construction backed by unbeatable warranty.
Tired of chunking or fluffing easy chip shots? If so, its time to get the Square Strike Wedge!
- Unique Rectangle Design
- Anti Chunk Sole
- Anti Rotational Weighting
If you are a fan of the Golf Channel or regularly watch any golf tournaments, there’s a good chance you’ve seen a commercial for the Square Strike Wedge. While the claims of eliminating bad chips forever may seem exaggerated, the truth is, the Square Strike really can.
With a Unique Rectangle Design, the Square Strike looks nothing like a traditional wedge. But it’s this shape that gives the Square Strike the ability to be swung consistently for better contact. This wedge also comes with a wide Anti Chunk Sole that prevents the leading edge from digging into the ground. To make the Square Strike even better, Anti Rotational Weighting was added to help prevent any shanks or large mishits.
Only three different lofts are available, so for a lob wedge, we recommend the 60-degree version. An added benefit of the Square Strike Wedge is a one-year manufacturer warranty that covers any club defects.
- Perfect Strike Every Time
- Easy To Use
- Tournament Legal
- Different Head Shape
After a bit of practice with the Square Strike Wedge, we are confident that you will be hitting more accurate and consistent chip shots.
2018 Cobra King
- Demonized Black Metal (Plated 8620 Carbon Steel)-Cobra's most durable satin black finish ever. DBM provides extreme resistance to wear for longer lasting, better looking wedges
- 100% CNC milled faces & grooves-cnc milling creates highly accurate grooves for consistent spin across the entire spin across the entire face
- Variable face roughness-cobra patented CNC milling technique delivers optimized surface roughness across the face to maximize spin and control for more precise shots around the green
- Progressive spin technology-wider Shallower grooves in the weaker lofts and narrower, tighter spaced grooves in the stronger lofts deliver consistent trajectories between lofts
- 3 Wedge Grinds: Versatile, Classic, Widelow-3 wedge grinds available in select lofts allow you to enjoy more versatility from a variety of lies and turf conditions around the green
Cobra’s King brings together feel and spin to create an excellent wedge for any situation.
- Muscle Back Design
- CNC Milled Face
- DBM Black Technology
While Cobra’s main focus is long irons, hybrids, and drivers, they still deliver solid wedges. In the case of the King Wedge, Cobra has put together some great features that make it a respectable higher-end wedge. Plus, all this comes in a traditional Muscle Back Design for the perfect mix of feel and control.
Like Cobra’s irons, the King Wedge comes with a CNC Milled Face. So not only does this wedge have great grooves but also an extra spin generating texture. With all that spin in your hands, you can go right at the pin!
One often overlooked feature of wedges is the finish. Cobra chooses to use DBM Black Technology to create one of the most durable finishes that will last for years. Now you won’t have to worry about changing your wedge out just because it starts to look extremely worn.
- Great Spin
- Excellent Feel
- Durable Finish
Thanks to ample amounts of spin, the Cobra King is a great addition to any golfer’s short game.
- Big Foot Wide Sole
- Deep CG Pockets
- Hi Toe Design Technology
- Full Face Scoring Lines
- Milled Grind
Don’t think Bigfoot exists? TaylorMade does! That’s why they made the Big Foot wedge!
- Big Foot Wide Sole
- Hi-Toe Design
- Full Scoring Lines
Ok so maybe TaylorMade didn’t make the Big Foot wedge just for Bigfoot. But they did make a wedge that is quite a bit larger than traditional wedges. By far the largest part of the wedge is the Big Foot Wide Sole which helps promote better turf interactions. So say goodbye to chunked chips!
This wedge also features a Hi-Toe Design that moves the center of gravity higher, for slightly lower launch angles with a lot more spin. TaylorMade also placed grooves across the entire clubface. Something not seen on many other wedges.
Maybe the best way to describe the Big Foot Wedge is a cross between a hybrid and a traditional wedge. Perfect for lofted bump and runs. Currently, the Big Foot wedge is only available in a right-handed configuration with either 58 or 60 degrees of loft.
- Hard To Chunk
- Excellent Spin
- Great Copper Finish
Just one round with the TaylorMade Big Foot will show you that Bigfoot is indeed real!
Callaway Sure Out 2
- Better Playability From All Lies: We’ve enhanced the sole to refine the bounce angle, and added more heel relief for better playability in all short game situations.
- Full-Face Grooves for More Spin and Fast-stopping Shots: 17 full-face grooves with an aggressive groove pattern to promote fast, shot-stopping spin.
- New Lambkin Step Down Grip: We've collaborated with Lambkin on a new grip design, with 3 “step down” markings for quick and effective shot selection, and ultimate distance control.
- Now available in 4 loft offerings: 56, 58, 60, 64.
In a pinch? Then call on Callaway’s Sure Out 2 to help get you out of trouble!
- Refined Sole
- Full-Face Grooves
- Step Down Lamkin Grip
Callaway’s Sure Out 2 is the newest version of the Sure Out wedge originally offered by Ben Hogan. In this new version, Callaway didn’t stray too far from the original but did do some touch-ups across the entire club.
The first change was a new Refined Sole shape that makes getting out of bunkers a breeze. This change also affected the bounce angle slightly, but still allows for quality shots from tight lies. Callaway also extended the grooves across the entire clubface for enhanced feel and spin.
One feature that is a bit controversial is the use of a special Step Down Lamkin Grip. This grip shows marking for different distances but is hard to use because of lots of variables. So we recommend to just practice with the wedge to get a feel for it without having to depend on the lines for distances.
- Perfect For Bunker Shots
- Good Spin
- Great Feel
- Non-Traditional Grip
Despite being commonly used for bunkers, the Callaway Sure Out 2 is still an all-around great lob wedge.
- YOUR CHOICE OF HAND: Choose the hand that matches the other clubs in your set. If you play right-handed irons, for example, choose right hand. EASILY ESCAPE BUNKERS IN ONE; The C3i lob wedge is extra-wide. Its auto-glide sole cuts through the sand without skipping or digging; This sand wedge is a high loft golf club for men and women that gets the ball up easily to clear the lip and stop it quickly on the green;
- NO-FRICTION GLIDE THROUGH TURF, NO-EFFORT FLOP SHOTS; The C3i golf wedges for men and women have an extra curve and beveled leading edge that reduce interaction with the ground for consistently clean contact; Hosel and heel shaped to eliminate catching and snagging in rough and to minimize material collection in the pocket; 65 degrees of loft pop the ball high with no effort, no special swing technique required; Clip it cleanly off of tight lies; Clear hazards and hit impressive, soaring flop sh
- LESS COMPLICATED SWING VS TRADITIONAL WEDGES; The C3i golf wedge is specially-engineered. The design of our sand wedge lets you set up and aim directly at your target; No opening your stance or the blade to hit high and soft; Just set up square and swing to get the golf club close to the pin from a variety of lies; Ease of swing promotes greater confidence when standing over the ball; Enjoy more tap-in putts for birdie and par.
- FEATURED IN GOLF DIGEST’s article “5 Wedges to Help You Hit Better Sand Shots”; The C3i sand wedge was independently tested and verified by MyGolfSpy, chosen by them as a standout among specialty wedges, even beating out a traditional wedge for percentage of shots lefts in the bunker and proximity to the hole.
- LEGAL FOR TOURNAMENT PLAY, 1-YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY; The C3i sand wedge and lob wedge golf club for men and women conforms to the rules of golf, Give yourself an edge without breaking any rules; High-quality construction backed by 1-year manufacturer warranty against defects
For all you golfers that hate sand shots, the C3i Wedge has you covered!
- Auto Glide Sole
- Extra Wide Face
- Less Complicated Swing
While most sand shots can be completed with a lower lofted sand wedge, there are a few that might require a lob wedge. This is where the C3i Wedge steps in. Engineered for getting out of the sand or over any hazard in one shot, the C3i Wedge can save some serious strokes.
All this stroke saving is due to two important features – an Auto Glide Sole and Extra Wide Face. The Auto glide sole allows the C3i to glide over the sand or turf, keeping you from hitting behind the ball. At the same time, the Extra Wide Face gives you more room to work the ball.
Overall, the C3i is a much less complicated wedge to swing compared to traditional wedges. C3i also keeps it simple when it comes to options. Only three lofts are available and include 55, 59, and 65 degrees.
- Perfect For Bunker Shots
- High Launch Angle
- Easy To Use
- A Little Pricey
If you find yourself on the beach a lot during your round, the C3i Wedge will help you quickly get out of trouble and into the hole.
- PREMIUM SAND WEDGE: Thousands of Lazrus golf clubs have been sold worldwide! Our 58 degree loft sand wedge is a Lazrus golf custom designed golf wedge. Right handed with a milled face. All skill levels!
- HANDS DOWN THE BEST QUALITY: Lazrus golf sand wedges for men and women are made in the same place as some of today's "top" golf clubs - For 1/4 the price!
- "ANTI DUFF" THICK SOLE WEDGE: This particular wedge was created for normal everyday golfers like you, weekend warriors or scratch golfers but without the crazy price tag. Truly amazing golf club that will shave strokes at an amazing price.
- MICRO MILLED FACE: Our golf sand wedge face is milled for great spin, control and consistency from the sand, fairway, fringe or rough.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Quit missing shots and start putting it on the green! Absolute 100% risk free purchase. Don't LOVE it? Simply return it! A deal that cannot be beat anywhere in the golf industry!
Premium quality wedges at rock bottom prices? It has to be Lazrus!
- Anti Duff Sole
- Micro Milled Face
- Risk-Free Returns
Want to know something a little shocking? Many big brand golf clubs are all made in the same factory! And what if we told you that you can get the same quality clubs at a massive discount? Well, you can, thanks to Lazrus!
For its premium wedge, Lazrus created an easy to use traditional style wedge that has an Anti Duff Sole. This means that the sole is a little wider to prevent digging with the leading edge. A Micro Milled Face makes for easy spin from all types of lies.
Lazrus really does stand behind its clubs and offers risk-free returns even if you used the club. Plus, since one wedge is only $35, it’s worth giving the Lazrus Premium Wedge a try. Each Premium Wedge comes at standard wedge length with a 58-degree clubhead loft.
- Excellent Quality
- Great Spin
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Great Value
Save some money while still getting the same performance when you choose the Lazrus Premium Wedge.
Wilson Sporting Goods
$34.99 in stock
- Harmonized Wedges have long been popular in pro shops. A new innovative sole design now gives players more options around the green. Play higher shots with greater accuracy with a special sole grind that allows players to open the club face for improved performance.
- Classic, high polish finish and classic blade shape
- Perfect club for getting your ball closest to the pin
- True Temper steel irons for high performance and reliability
- Sole grind allows players to open the club face further to hit higher shots with more accuracy, therefore improving performance
If you are budget-minded golfer, then the Wilson Harmonized Wedge is just what you need!
- Classic Blade Design
- Sole Grind
- True Temper Steel Shaft
Based on the classic blade style, the Wilson Harmonized Wedge is perfect for all golfers regardless of skill level. It is a great introduction to wedge play for beginners and offers everything more experienced golfers would want. One downside to the blade design is that the leading edge tends to “grab” the ground which makes chunking a greater possibility.
A thin Sole Grind was applied by Wilson to allow the Harmonized Wedge to be opened up for a variety of shot types. So advanced shots like flops are possible, but still need the right lie to be pulled off successfully. Regardless, the Sole Grind really adds to the versatility of the Harmonized Wedge.
Currently, the Wilson Harmonized Wedge is available in both left and right-handed configurations. Each also comes with a premium True Temper Steel Shaft and a 60-degree loft. This means that it is perfect as a lob wedge, but can also be used out of the sand.
- Traditional Design
- Solid Spin
- Great Value
Whether you are new to blade-style wedges or a veteran, the Wilson Harmonized Wedge is a very affordable club to add to your golf bag.
- Built standard with high quality Pinemeadow steel from Apollo(R), a 125 gram shaft with a low to mid kick point for the same $19.95 value, perfect for the beginning to average golfer
- Largest face area of any wedge available making the toughest of lies seem like perfect lies
- Available in 52, 56, 60, 64, and the impossible to find 68 degree wedge
- Compare features and performance with the best classic wedge designs at $120
Choose from a variety of lob wedge lofts in the Pinemwadow Wedge series!
- Classic Blade Design
- 125 Gram Shaft
- 5 Different Lofts
Pinemeadow is the go-to name in the budget golf club department. From their all-in-one-sets to single clubs, Pinemeadow has lowered the cost for a set of quality golf clubs. And the Pinemeadow Wedge continues with Pinemeadow’s tradition for true golf club value.
The design of the wedge is based on a traditional blade style wedge and looks similar to the Titleist Vokey. Both the clubhead and shaft are on the heavier side, with the shaft weighing in at 125 grams. One downside to the club design are the somewhat shallow grooves on the clubface.
One of the biggest positives of the Pinemeadow wedge is that it comes in 5 different lofts. While we recommend the 60-degree lob wedge version, golfers can also choose higher lofts like 64 and even 68-degrees!
- Traditional Design
- Lots Of Lofts
- Great Value
- Shallow Grooves
Save money and play more golf when you choose the Pinemeadow Wedge!
You’ve arrived at the end of our review guide of the 12 best lob wedges! We hope that this guide has helped you determine which wedge is the best fit for your golf game. But before we go, we want to leave you with a bit of advice on how to find the best lob wedge for your individual game.
First, determine what you need in a lob wedge. If you are having trouble hitting your wedges reliably (ie. fat, chunking, thin, etc), an extended sole wedge like the Square Strike Wedge or C3i Wedge would be best. On the other hand, if you are experienced with traditional lob wedges, then Cleveland’s RTX 4 or Callaway’s Mack Daddy 4 would be excellent choices.
Other things to think about would be type of loft, size of your budget, style choices, etc. No matter what lob wedge you choose from the list, we are confident you will be satisfied with its performance. So get your new lob wedge today and start shaving strokes off your short game in no time.