What happened to the simple golf iron? It seems that many of today’s newest sets have price tags that far exceed $1,000 for just seven irons! Even sets that are two to three years old still retail for over $500. It’s simply outrageous!
But if you are looking for a new iron set and are on a budget read on! Because in this article we will be taking a look at the best iron set under $300. A total of eight different sets will be reviewed and each review will contain a list of key features and commentary on each set’s performance. Even a round-up of each sets pros and cons will be available for those who like to skim through for a faster read.
So let’s go ahead and hop right into our review of the top eight best iron sets under $300 starting with the Cobra 2018 F-Max One Length.
Best Iron Set Under $300
Cobra Men's F-Max One Length
- One Length Set Makeup-F-Max One Length irons have been re-engineered for 7 Iron weighting
- Offset Design-An offset hostel design creates higher launch with more draw bias for straighter, more accurate shots
- Low Profile & Deep Undercut Design-A lower profile club head design moves
- Specialty Wedges-Specialty wedge designs in the GW and SW provide added versatility and shot control around the greens
- Premium Chrome Finish-Nickel chrome plating provides better aesthetics and durability for great looking and longer lasting irons
Cobra takes its first mass-produced one length iron set to market with the Cobra 2018 F-Max One Length.
- Deep Undercut Design
- Offset Hosel
- One Length Shafts
One length irons have quickly grown in popularity with many amateur golfers reaping the performance boost. Cobra has finally taken the plunge and for the first time in 2018, offered its F-Max irons with a singular shaft length. To do this, Cobra made each iron have the same weighting and length as a standard 7 iron.
The irons themselves have a Deep Undercut Design that promotes more forgiveness and accuracy. Cobra pulled some design tricks to keep this undercut relatively small and the clubhead quite thin. Golfers will also notice that each F-Max One Length has a slightly Offset Hosel to promote a closed clubface at impact.
Included in the set is a total of five irons that span from 6 through PW. One thing to be aware of is that since the shafts are all the same length, some changes in distance will occur. So shorter irons will fly further while longer irons will fly a bit shorter.
- Excellent Performance
- Promotes Consistency
- Great Looks
- Premium Quality
At just shy of $300, the Cobra 2018 F-Max One Length irons are some of the best performing one length irons on the entire market.
Wilson Staff D200
- Wilson D200
- Heel and toe weight pods provide a larger sweet spot and more forgiveness. A satin finish on the pods show where the weight is positioned on the exterior of the club head.
- The Right Light Technology, which uses the limited available mass to create a balanced, solid-feeling club, allows Distance players to swing faster with the same effort.
Wilson Staff’s budget D200 Set is a perfect way to upgrade to newer, more forgiving clubs.
- Speed Sole Technology
- Weight Pods
- Right Light Technology
Wilson Staff is Wilson’s higher-end club line that offers better performing clubs than the more budget lines of the Wilson Ultimate or SGI golf lines. While the D200 Set is the lowest of Wilson Staff’s entire lineup, it still offers modern designed clubs with some great features. The D200 Set features six different irons ranging from 6 to GW.
Each iron in the set comes with Speed Sole Technology that yields a thinner face and sole for more ball speed at impact. Weight Pods located at the heel and toe also create a larger sweet spot for more distance and forgiveness. Balancing of the D200 Iron set is done quite well thanks to Right Light Technology.
The D200 set is currently only available with steel shafts with a uniflex flex. So this iron will work best for men that usually swing regular or senior flex shafts. Women who have faster swing speeds may also be able to use the D200 Irons.
- Great Forgiveness
- Modern Design
- Perfect Weighting
Thanks to a modern design and a strong emphasis on forgiveness, the Wilson Staff D200 Irons are perfect for almost any golfer.
- ⛳SIMPLIFY YOUR GAME:100% graphite shaft one length (37.5 Inches) provide same swing weight and consistent feel for every shot,easy to enhance your performance,perfect for junior and professional players
- ⛳431 stainless steel golf irons feature a combination of large sweet spot for improved accuracy,hit to more further distance
- ⛳Comes with 9 pieces golf irons club set,Including 4,5,6,7,8,9,PW,AW,SW
- ⛳Lower center of gravity to get the ball fly straighter and longer,more speed on the shot
- ⛳High performance rubber grip offers good hand feel to hold,anti-slip & Shock Absorption
By combining a simple design with the easy to use “one length system” Manzel has created a great budget iron set.
- 9 Irons Included
- 431 Stainless Steel Clubhead
- Low Center of Gravity
Manzel’s goal with its Single Length Set is to make golf simple. No more complexities with having to adjust stance based on the club; just use the same swing each and every time. A total of nine clubs are included in the set and cover the range from 4 through AW.
Each club comes with a cast 431 Stainless Steel Clubhead. All the clubheads are meant to be equally weighted for greater consistency between shots. With the weight lower in the clubhead Manzel is able to lower the Center of Gravity for an easier launch. The higher irons in the set also feature a hollow body design for greater distance.
Golfers can find the Manzel Single Length Set with either steel or graphite shafts. Three different flexes are available to choose between and include senior, regular, and stiff. Each iron also comes with a custom Manzel grip.
- Nice Distance
- Good Forgiveness
- Premium Grip
- Wide Sole
If you are looking to expand your iron repertoire fully, the Manzel Single Length is by far the best choice!
- HANDS DOWN THE BEST QUALITY: This Lazrus golf irons set is made in the same place as some of today's "top" golf iron sets - For 1/4 the price!
- THOUSANDS OF LAZRUS CLUBS SOLD: Our premium golf irons were created for normal everyday golfers like you or weekend warriors but without the crazy price tag. Truly amazing golf club irons that will shave strokes at an amazing price.
- SET OF 7 GOLF IRONS: Individual golf 4 iron, 5 iron, 6 iron, 7 iron, 8 iron, 9 iron and pitching wedge make up this 7 piece golf set.
- SPECS: Right handed, stepped steel shaft, regular flex with custom lazrus grips. Deep grooves for great spin, control and consistency from the fairway, fringe or rough.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Absolute 100% risk free purchase. Don't LOVE them? Simply return them! A deal that cannot be beat anywhere in the golf industry!
Why pay more for the big brands when you can get the same quality at a much lower price with Lazrus’ Premium Set.
- 7 Irons Included
- Modern Cavity Back Design
- Custom Lazrus Grip
Lazrus’ claim to fame is that they have their clubs produced in the same factories that produce many of golf’s top branded clubs. But instead of charging the sometimes outrageous amounts for an iron set, Lazrus passes the savings on to the average golfers. This creates a win-win for golfers where they get a quality set at a reasonable price.
Included in this option are seven different irons that range from 4 to PW. Each has a Modern Cavity Back Design that helps increase forgiveness and accuracy. Clubhead weighting places a nice balance across the entire club and helps create effortless lift.
Currently, Lazrus only offers the Premium Set with steel shafts and regular flex. Each iron does come with a custom Lazrus Grip similar to those found pre-installed on Titleist or TaylorMade irons. To make the set even better, Lazrus offers a generous return policy.
- Great Accuracy
- Nice Feel
- Premium Grip
- Excellent Value
Get excellent quality at up to 80% less than the big brands when you upgrade to the Lazrus Premium Set.
- A New Look with Traditional Japanese Black PVD Finish Technology head. The club head is black with blue improved finish. Compared Previous products, the headcove now is a small size, smart one.
- The new Speed face is a thinnest and different thickness made by thin, light and robust material. This WL-IIs face makes more speed over the face, increases distance, enlarges the sweet spot, and offers more forgiveness for off-center hits. The casting body promotes a lower forward CG location that provides high launch and low spin.
- MWMF Bushikadna Shaft is the same stiffness tip to butt shaft delivers stability and control, that made by titanium and carbon. There are three flex is in available, Regular, Stiff Regular, Stiff.
- Standard Length for 4,5,6,7,8,9,Pw,Sw is 40",39.5",39",38.5",38",37.5",37",36.75". Plus half inch length is 40",39.5",39",38.5",38",37.5",37",36.75".
- There are two models available for different players, one is 65 pro shaft, one is 55 light shaft. If the model which you bought is don't suit for you. We accept free to return and exchange within 46 days from you bought the clubs.
Are you a fan of hybrid irons? Then take a look at the WaZaki Hybrid Irons!
- Hybrid Body Design
- New Speed Face
- MWMF Shaft
Many different sets of golf irons from Japan have been popping up on online marketplaces in recent years. After some research, it seems that most of these sets are actually well made and perform quite well. WaZaki is one of the more budget Japanese golf club manufacturers, but its WaZaki Hybrid Irons really stand out.
A total of eight clubs are included in the set and cover from 4 through PW. Each iron has a standard hybrid body instead of a traditional blade. WaZaki has also created a New Speed Face for these irons that enlarges the sweet spot for increased ball speed and forgiveness. Given the hybrid shape, these irons are much easier to get the ball in the air compared to traditional irons.
Each WaZaki Hybrid Iron comes with an MWMF Graphite Shaft. Golfers can choose between either a light flex or pro flex. Each shaft matches the overall blue/black/red color scheme. WaZaki also offers a 45 day free return period so you can try these irons, and if they are not a fit for your game, you can send them back no questions asked.
- Easy To Hit
- Great Distance
- Sleek Looks
Overall, the WaZaki Hybrid Irons are a great mix of unique design and great performance.
- Single length set - to promote consistency by honing one swing thought process for your irons and wedges
- Advanced Undercut cavity to promote superior accuracy
- Flex face technology on #5 and 6-irons to help boost distance and ensure proper distance gaps and trajectories throughout the set
- 7-piece set: 5-9, PW, gw
- Shaft: Orlimar 95 steel, grip: Orlimar custom velvet
Great engineering combines with simplicity with the Orlimar Intercept Single Length Set.
- 7 Irons Included
- Advanced Undercut Design
- Face Flex Technology
Orlimar has always been in the budget golf sector, offering quality clubs at reduced prices. From putters to wedges, Orlimar has lots of highly reviewed products. In its Intercept Single Length Set Orlimar packs seven different irons that cover from 5 to 9 iron and include a Pitching and Gap Wedge.
All seven irons are the same length and weight based on the average length of the set’s 7 iron. Each iron also features an Advanced Undercut Design to promote superior accuracy. The lower irons also come with Face Flex Technology which helps improve clubface reaction at impact for better and more consistent distance.
Currently, golfers can choose between regular or stiff flex shafts when ordering the Intercept Single Length Set. Each iron in the set comes with a custom Orlimar velvet grip. It should be noted that at the time of this review, the stiff flex set is about $50 less than the regular flex set.
- Simple To Swing
- Good Accuracy
- Quality Grips
Simplify your swing and become more confident in your iron shots when you upgrade to the Orlimar Intercept Single Length Set.
Japan Pron TRG
- The chrome milled finish iron head is a progressive sole shaped iron with innovative Hotter Face insert, a high speed cavity back design for faster ball speed and longer, straighter shots.
- The enhanced Face Insert incorporates variable face thickness with the new cavity back design features a lower and deeper center of gravity to provides faster ball speed at impact and deliver longer, higher and straighter shots
- Progressive sole design for an optimum look at address and performance through the turf.
Stand out on the course with some well-performing and flashy irons from Pron!
- 8 Irons Included
- Progressive Sole Design
- Enhanced Face Insert
Pron is the second Japanese manufacturer on this list. But unlike the WaZaki hybrid irons, Pron sticks to the traditional iron design. A total of eight irons are included in this set and cover from 4 iron to SW.
While Pron may have stuck with a more traditional design, they did change it up a bit. To add more forgiveness and better turf interaction, Pron updated the TRG Set with a Progressive Sole Design. This means that the sole of each club is wider or thinner depending on the corresponding loft.
The face of each iron also got a slight upgrade with an Enhanced Face Insert. Pron touts this insert as variable thickness to help expand the sweet spot and increase forgiveness. Each Pron TRG Iron comes with a custom grip and regular flex graphite shaft.
- Solid Distance
- Great Turf Interaction
- Flashy Design
- Lacks Some Feel
Despite some lack in feel, the Pron TRG Iron Set still plays well and should be considered by golfers of all skill sets.
- FULL IRON SET - 5-6-7-8-9-PW. The 6 club iron set allows you to hit all sorts of different golf shots and trajectories.
- FORGIVING AND EASY TO USE - Cavity back design is more forgiving meaning your off-center strikes feel better and go better.
- BONUS HYBRID - #4 hybrid included at no extra charge. Replaces the harder to hit long irons with a club you'll love
Cheap and easy to use, the Ram EZ3 Iron Set is perfect as a starter set or an iron upgrade on a budget!
- 6 Irons Included
- Cavity Back Design
- Bonus Hybrid
Golf is an expensive sport to get into, but thankfully RAM has created the EZ3 Iron Set. In this set Ram has included six different irons that range from 5 to PW. The even better part? All these irons come in at less than $100 total!
Of course, the irons themselves aren’t all that flashy. They feature a traditional Cavity Back Design with little added extras. One positive benefit is that the irons are pretty forgiving on mis-hits.
The set comes with almost no customization options with the only option being regular flex steel shafts. RAM does throw in a Bonus Hybrid that plays quite well and has the same loft as a standard 4 iron. At the price, this set is perfect for beginners or golfers on a really small budget.
- Great Starter Set
- Easy To Use
- Super Low Price
- Cheaper Build Quality
Is the RAM EZ3 Iron Set the best irons on the market? Not at all. But they are perfectly priced for beginners and first-time golfers.
As you can see, golfing doesn’t have to be all that expensive. There are lots of great iron sets under $300. Sure, you might not be getting the latest and greatest, but most sets will have quality clubs with acceptable performance. If you are still on the fence about which set will work for you, here are our recommendations.
If you have the full $300, your best bet is either the Cobra F-Max One Length or the Wilson Staff D200 Irons. Both of these sets have more technology and better performance than any other set on our list. For those on a budget, we recommend the Orlimar Intercept Single Length Set. It offers many great features at a slightly reduced price.
Overall, we hope that this review guide has helped you learn about all the fantastic iron sets available for less than $300. If you have any questions or want to give us your feedback, please drop a comment below! Thanks for reading and we wish you happy golfing!