What is the most important word in golf besides fore? Consistency. Great golf shots and low scores are all products of a consistent golf swing. But a consistent and repeatable swing can only come from lots of practice. And since no one wants to drive to the golf course every time they want to practice, golf practice nets become the solution.
So whether you want a more convenient way to practice or just want to try and stay loose by swinging a club a couple of times over the off-season, the solution is using one of the best golf hitting nets.
In this review guide, we will take a look at 15 of the best golf practice nets on the market. Everything from full swing nets to chipping specific nets will be examined and reviewed in detail. And for those golfers who are on a budget, we included a couple of quality nets that have a much more economical price tag.
So let’s jump right into our review of the 15 best golf hitting nets on the market!
Best Golf Hitting Nets
Spornia SPG-7 Golf Practice Net
- Practice full swing, chipping, and putting with all clubs with real golf balls
- Attach included red chipping baskets to practice your short game. Adjust to any desired angle: Top,middle,bottom
- Automatic Ball Return System (You only need one ball) and Ball Stopper (Stores over 200 balls) | Golf ball gently rolls straight down after impact without bouncing or touching the floors
- Patented Large target sheet that absorbs high ball impact, loud sound, and secures the net. Safely practice on a Large target area (60" x 60" )
- Indoor & Outdoor. Portable & Lightweight. Fast & Easy Setup/Breakdown (Less than 30 seconds)
Practice your swing almost anywhere with the durable Spornia SPG-7 Golf Net!
- Full Size (7ft x 9ft)
- Large Target Sheet
- Automatic Ball Return
Golf practice nets tend to come in many different sizes and styles that just don’t seem to have all the right features. But the Spornia SPG-7 Golf Net has everything a golfer could want. The net itself is full size but folds down into small easy to carry package. This fast tear down / set up is thanks to an all mesh design and durable fiberglass poles.
Once set up, golfers can choose to hit full swing shots into a large target sheet that also works to reduce the golf ball’s velocity at impact. Even a small chipping basket is included that can be hung from the net.
A small but definitely welcome feature to the SPG-7 Golf Net is the inclusion of an Automatic Ball Return. Many golf nets do not have a ball return and instead have the balls fall loudly onto the ground. The SPG-7, on the other hand, has a ball return that catches the ball before it hits the ground and rolls it forward into a holding bay.
- Easy To Set Up
- Extra Mesh Roof
- Very Durable
While the Spornia SPG-7 is expensive, the features and durability make it an investment that will last.
Rukket 4pc Golf Practice Bundle
3 used from $272.32
- PRACTICE AT HOME: This is the sturdiest at home driving range available. Now, you can bring the driving range to your backyard or garage. This bundle includes (1) SPDR Golf Net, (1) Set of FREE Side Barrier Protective Wings, (1) Tri-Turf Golf Hitting Mat Attack, and (1) Carry Bag.- add to cart now!
- FULL COVERAGE EVEN WHEN YOU SLICE A SHOT: Side protection wings give you complete confidence to hit any shot no matter the difficulty. They’ll catch any stray shot and keep you and others safe when practicing!
- FOLDS DOWN WHEN STORED: The SPDR is our heavy duty option for the golfer who likes to leave their net up all year round. This does not mean it isn’t storable though! If you want to store it, it easily folds down with the net on and can be slid into the back of your basement or garage.
- HIT FROM ANY LIE: Even the best golfers in the world need to hit out of the rough sometimes. Practice any lie you want with the fairway, rough, and tight lie turf separation so that there is never a shot you won’t be prepared for on the course.
- RUKKET 100% LIFETIME WARRANTY AND SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Includes lifetime replacement parts and outstanding USA-based customer service for no-risk purchasing.
With a metal frame and a lifetime warranty, the Rukket Golf Net Bundle is the last golf practice net you will ever buy!
- Full Size (10ft x 7ft)
- Protective Side Wings
- Lifetime Warranty
When it comes to golf nets, Rukket is the go too brand. The company itself is family owned and operated out of the United States. While Rukket makes many different golf nets this bundle is by far the best. Especially since the net comes with metal supports, extra durable netting, and multilayer turf.
Even two extra “wings” are included that attach to each side of the net giving you protection from sliced or hooked shots. So go ahead and practice even the most daring of shots with confidence! And because the Rukket Golf Net is full size, it can be used as an indoor golf net as well as an outdoor golf net. Just make sure that your ceiling is high enough.
The final and maybe most impressive part of this golf net bundle is Rukket’s 100% lifetime warranty. If you are unsatisfied or your net breaks for any reason, Rukket will replace or send parts to repair your net at no cost. Plus, their customer service is based completely in the United States.
- Top-Notch Quality
- Super Durable
- Outstanding Customer Service
If you are a hardcore golfer that wants a net high-quality net from a top of the line company, the Rukket Golf Net Bundle is the best option.
Golf Net Bundle 4pc
$129.95 in stock
- ⛳【PLEASE NOTE THE GOLF NET BUNDLE 4PC COMPRISES OF THE NET, DUAL TURF GRASS MAT, CHIPPING TARGET & THE CARRY BAG】- BUNDLE AND SAVE - For great value and for the budget conscious, get all these golf training aids in a convenient bundle for one low price. These golf accessories are great for golfers at all levels and are suitable for adults, teenagers, men & women and even kids!
- ⛳【SETS UP IN TWO MINUTES】- The quick and easy setup/take down ensures you can practice your golf swing any time, anywhere and on any floor or surface you want. All without joining the country club.
- ⛳【TURNS A SMALL SPACE INTO A DRIVING RANGE】- At 10' x 7' x 3', the large collection area catches even the errant shots. Safe for Outdoor, indoor, or backyard use. Hit the links anywhere!
- ⛳【DRIVE OFF THE TEE, HIT SHOTS FROM FAIRWAY AND IN THE ROUGH】- The unique dual-turf realistic grass golf mat with 2.3 inch tee, simulates the tee box, fairway and the rough so you can work on every aspect of your game.
- ⛳【WORK ON YOUR SWING ANYWHERE】- Lightweight & portable high-performance netting with a ball collect feature, high grade steel frame and fiber glass rods, dual turf mat, chipping target and a convenient carry bag lets you practice your golf game easily.
Get a full-size golf practice net at a lower price than many other nets on the market with the SteadyDoggie Golf Net Bundle!
- Full Size (10ft x 7ft)
- Easy To Set Up
- Carry Bag & Turf Included
Full-size golf nets are perfect as backyard golf nets. The issue is that fulls size nets tend to be somewhat expensive. Not the SteadyDoggie Golf Net! This golf net bundle has many of the features of other full-size golf nets but at a lower cost. Fan-favorite features like fiberglass support rods and a small mesh net make for a practice net that will last.
Steady Doggie claims that this net can be set up in about two minutes. Much faster than some other full-size practice nets. Tear down is equally as easy and even a carry bag is included to keep all the pieces together.
This particular set also comes with a piece of artificial turf that allows for golfers to practice their shots from a more realistic setting. One side of the turf replicates a well-maintained fairway while the other side is a thicker rough.
- Very Wide
- Fast Set Up & Tear Down
- Ball Collector Fence
If you are looking for a full-size practice net at a lower cost, look no further than the SteadyDoggie Golf Net Bundle.
GALILEO Golf Hitting Net
- ️HEAVY DUTY GOLF NET: The Galileo Driving Range is 9'(L)x5’(W)x7’(H) with a large Hitting Golf target 40x30in, making it possible to hold more golf balls.The support rods are covered by more pipes, making the net structure more stable and safer to hit the ball.Our hitting target is made of mercerized velvet anti-strike material, you can rest assured and enjoy the hit without worrying hit throw your neighbor's yard.Your furniture will all be safe when you training the golf indoor.
- ️ SWING MORE: The Galileo Golf Net is the best choice if you want to practice golf anytime and anywhere,no matter in your living room,your garden or in your garage just as you like. Even the most dedicated golf enthusiasts can't be on the golf course during the year,you can do it with our Golf Hitting Net at home.The Galileo Golf Net is ideal for beginner and intermediate golfers.
- ️ ANTI-SHOCK FRAME: This Backyard Golf is made of high quality weighted steel base, thick resistant Golf Netting and fiberglass poles allow for incredible strength but also flexibility which make the Golf Net doesn’t rust or deform with the reinforced iron at the bottom.Steel ground stakes, ensure that you have the best hitting experience with greater stability.
- ️ EASY ASSEMBLE: With only 5mins to set up the Golf Practice Net and break down in 3mins. The Golfing Net Backyard is suit for improve your skills no matter rain or shine.Choose the Galileo Net,taking your Golf clubs,feel the fun golf making with your friends and your family! Every Golf Net has a durable carry bag to help you storage and take easily!
- ️IDEAL GIFT FOR FAMILY: Match the Galileo Golf Net with your families, friends or colleagues, making your Golf Practice Net more interesting than just hitting shots.Our Golf Net Backyard is also a perfect choice for golf lovers.The Golf Backyard Net is really a perfect Home Driving Range Golf to send gifts on Halloween,Christmas or Birthday to provide years of Golf Driving Range.
Tired of golf nets that keep falling over? Switch to Galileo’s newest golf net and never have your golf net fall over again.
- Full Size (9.3ft x 6.5ft)
- Patented Unique Design
- Lifetime Replacement Parts
All it takes is one look to realize that the Galileo Golf Hitting Net is nothing like the other practice nets. The cross pole design is a patented design that gives the net its unique look. This special design creates a larger roof overhang as well as more overall stability.
Another benefit of this unique design is that the net will not fall over with prolonged use. And while other practice nets fall over with the slightest breeze, the Galileo Net stands strong! For those cold or really windy days, the Galileo Hitting Net can fit most garages.
One of the biggest threats with a golf net is that a fiberglass pole or net will eventually break. If this does happen Galileo has you covered and offers a lifetime replacement part guarantee.
- Innovative Design
- Great As A Garage Golf Net
- Great Customer Service
Go ahead and give the Galileo Golf Hitting Net a try. We are sure that you will love it!
Portable Golf Net
- FIRM AND EFFICIENT – OUTROAD’s 5 strands net can afford a heavy stroke and balls will roll back automatically. No need to pick up balls at all!
- EFFORTLESS - Fast & Easy setup/breakdown with no tools required. Lightweight and portable, just enjoy your practice anywhere, anytime!
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR - Easy detachable design, lightweight with a carrying bag. Golf ball gently rolls straight down and no damage to golf ball and to wood/marble/tile floors.
- SAFETY – Large place to practice. 7*7 ft is wide and tall enough to catch balls. No need to worry about your balls will “fly away”. Enjoy your swing!
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED – Set includes OUTROAD Net, Metal Frames, 420 Oxford carrying case and four (4) ground stakes
Practice golf year-round both indoors and out with the Outroad Portable Golf Net.
- Mid-Size (7ft x 7ft)
- Effortless Set-Up
- Carry Case Included
Sometimes the simplest designs are what work the best. This is exactly what Outroad has achieved with its Portable Golf Net. The design is simply a net that is securely held between two durable poles. No fancy extras, just a net that does what it is advertised to do.
Set up is effortless and is achieved by attaching metal stabilizing feet to fiberglass poles. The net is then attached to and stretched by the two fiberglass poles. Again, the Outroad Portable Golf Net is all about simplicity and quality.
A carrying case comes with each net and makes it easy to pack the net away if you plan to store the net. One drawback of the net is that sometimes golf balls like to “pop” back out of the net after being hit into it. Just be aware that if you use this net indoors that this is a possibility.
- Perfect Size For Indoor Use
- Very Durable
- Simple & Effective Design
- Great Value
- Golf Balls Sometimes Jump Out Of Net
If you want to practice golf indoors, get the outstanding Outroad Portable Golf Net for a very low price!
PGM Golf Net
- SAFELY PRACTICE: Wide-opened net, 10ft W x 6ft H x 6.6ft D, collects all hitting balls onto the golf net. Catch and ball return design stops the balls at the base of the practice net for easy clean up.
- TRIPLE NETS STRUCTURE: Included 2 in 1 hitting and chipping target and durable hitting net. Extra hitting net provides extra protection from consistent hits. Reinforced the impact zone in the center of the net. ATTACH THE GREEN NET WHEN YOU PRACTICE SWING.
- DURABLE & SOLID PRACTICE NET: Featured of high intensity Polyester and high-quality Oxford built the base and the net. 11mm fiberglass poles ensure the hitting net stay solid with power swing indoor and outdoor.
- PORTABLE & EASY TO ASSEMBLE: It comes with carry bag and you can bring it anytime anywhere for golfing. Fast to set up or put down the net in 5 minutes. Save your time on improving your skills to next level.
- IDEAL GIFT SELECTION: Gifts for golf lovers to enhance hitting and chipping skills at home indoor outdoor.
PGM knows that golf isn’t just about long shots, that’s why their all-new practice net supports both full swings and chip shots.
- Full-Size (10ft x 6ft)
- Dual Purpose
- Durable Poles & Net
Many of the golf nets already reviewed have a somewhat unique shape that makes them stand out from the crowd. The PGM Practice net, on the other hand, has a much more common design similar to a rounded pyramid. But just because it has a common design, doesn’t mean its just any old practice net.
First, the PGM Practice Net is made for both full shots and chip shots. And while you can practice chip shots in other nets, the PGM net comes with a special chipping target. The targets stand out and give you something to visualize in your mind when you go to strike the ball.
Durability is another outstanding feature of the PGM Practice Net. Made with 11mm Fiber Glass poles and a small net weave means that this net is meant to last. This net does have some issues staying upright in wind so this net may be best as a garage golf net.
- Simple Setup
- Very Durable
- Chipping Target
- Great Value
- Not Great In Wind
Instead of buying both a full-size practice net and a chipping net, get both for one price with the PGM Practice Net.
Wosofe Golf Hitting Net
- This golf practice net can practice your chipping skills at home. You can practice different chips according to the height of the bullseye and different distances to practice different parabolic balls: lob, pitch, chip, running. This upgrade can improve your chipping ball technology to a greater degree ️️❤️❤️THIS GOLF PRACTICE NET IS A NEW PRODUCT PROMOTION PERIOD, NOW SOLD AT A LOW PRICE, WILL SOON RESTORE THE ORIGINAL PRICE.️️❤️❤️
- [Designed carefully] - the golf practice net can be folded. Easy to carry and store, installation speed, and simplicity. There are two sets target of goals that can be exchanged for training. and the golf hitting net 's ball return track can save you a lot of time. These are golf chipping net designed for golfers.
- [Applicable occasions] - golf practice net can be used at home , backyard golf practice net or outdoors. You can improve your golf skills with this training equipment in a safe environment.
- [Quality materials] - The exterior of the golf hitting net is waterproof poncho, which is smooth and durable. The mesh material is nylon, which is strong and wear resistant. The support rod is made of fiberglass, which is light,does not rust,is not easily deformed and with good elasticity. so it's good golf chipping and hitting net
- [Package included] - A collapsible golf chipping net,two golf targets,a net for recycling balls,a golf hitting mat,6 foam golf practice balls,2 white golf practice balls and a storage bag.
Practice every chip shot under the sun with the Wosofe Chipping Net!
- Compact Size (4ft x 1.5ft)
- Four Chipping Zones
- Super Easy Setup
For most golfers, the short game is the most overlooked and under practiced part of golf. But let’s face it, the short game is where golfers can cut their score by a significant amount. Since a golf ball can find itself in many different situations around the green, knowing how to chip different ways makes for a versatile golfer.
The Wosofe Chipping net is just what golfers need to perfect their chipping game. With four different chipping zones make it easy to practice a particular type of chip shot. From a lob shot to a low running shot, the Wosofe can help you master them all.
Possibly the best part the Wosofe Chipping Net is the overall size. At just 4 feet high and 1.5 feet wide, the net takes up very little space when set up. And speaking of setting up, this net only needs to be unfolded and it will pop into shape on its own.
- Small Size
- Works Anywhere
- Ball Return
- A Little Pricey
Become a master of chip shots and watch your scores drop when you practice with the Wosofe Chipping Net.
Nova Microdermabrasion Portable Golf Net
$61.59 in stock
- 【Durable Construction】Our golf hitting net is built with strong poles base frame and durable 7 ply knotless netting, will last for years of use. Reinforced thick fiberglass pole uprights to all to absorb the impact of a golf ball.
- 【Professional Design】Corner-shaped structure and updated longer ground stakes for extra stability, unique tilt angle design, automatically returns the ball to the user, save the trouble of picking up the ball and no damage to golf ball wood/marble/tile floors.
- 【Large Practice Area】Hit each shot with confidence. Large area to collect every shot at a 10ft W x 7ft H width net area, give you plenty of room to hit any club from a driver to a lob wedge and hit the net.
- 【Portable & Easy Setup】Lightweight and comes with a durable carrying case, so you can take it anywhere. Easy detachable design, fast setup/breakdown with no tools required.
- 【Ideal For Use】Ideal for both indoor and outdoor use, such as backyard, park, garage, basement and so on. Perfect for all ages of golf lovers and professional players, for the golf strike, skills exercises of the game.
Pickup the Nova Portable Golf Net and experience one of the best golf nets at a price that makes sense.
- Full-Size (10ft x 7ft)
- Metal Base
- Carrying Case & Stakes Included
The engineer’s of Nova’s portable golf net choose to forgo certain features and instead focus on creating a durable and well-performing net. This meant adding more durable materials like metal and nylon to the net’s overall construction.
One place where metal was chosen over lesser materials is on the bottom stabilizing bar. A metal bar allows for the net to stand up to wind and hard struck balls. This is a welcome change compared to other nets that seem to have problems standing upright.
Another nice feature is the inclusion of stakes (for anchoring) as well as a carry case. Setup times are very comparable to other full-size nets but shouldn’t take much longer than 10-15 minutes. At such a low price, the Nova Portable Golf Net is one of the best value full-size golf practice nets on the market.
- Heavy Duty
- Strong Netting
- Fast Setup
- Great Value
Don’t pass up on Nova Portable Golf Net if you are looking for one of the best values in golf practice nets!
IZZO Golf Tri-Daddy Golf Hitting Net
- Tri-poled shape provides optimal hitting area and easy set up/take down
- Hitting Area: 6.5' high x 7' wide
- Premium mesh netting engineered and tested to be the strongest in golf
- Includes nylon carry bag and metal ground stakes
- For Indoor or Outdoor use
Meant to be the best of all backyard golf nets, the Izzo Tri-Daddy Golf Net brings a new design to the table.
- Mid-Size (6.5ft x 7ft)
- Tri-Pole Design
- Collapsable With Carrying Case
Mid-Size golf nets are perfect for the golfers that like to practice both indoors and outdoors. This means that the Izzo Tri-Daddy Golf Net is perfect for any golfer looking to get themselves a quality, all-purpose golf net. What makes the Tri-Daddy Golf Net standout is the one of a kind Tri-Pole Design.
The front of the net has a shape of a half-circle, but it is the singular extended pole at the back of the net that makes this net unique. With this pole, the Tri-Daddy net is able to stay stable on even the most powerful driver shots. By having this pole extended at the back of the net, Izzo is able to use a longer net to help slow down shots and reduce stress on the net.
One downside to the Tri-Daddy Golf Net is that it can sometimes be a little difficult to setup. Many of the setup problems stem from the back fiberglass pole not wanting to fit correctly with the net. On the plus side, Izzo does include a carrying case to help store the Tri-Daddy Golf Net when it is not in use.
- Quite Stable
- Strong Netting
- Good Value
- Setup Can Be Difficult
Choose the Izzo Tri-Daddy Golf Net and never worry about having your practice net falling over.
GALILEO Golf Hitting Net
- ️GOLF NET FOR EASY OPEN/CLOSE : The Galileo Golf Net approximate open size is 7' (L)X5' (H)X3' (D).With only two minutes to set up and another two minutes to pack it away. Easy setup Golf Hitting Net would save your time to practice more Golf Games!Please read the Galileo Golf Net instructions to extended service life of the Golf Game.
- ️GREAT FOR AMATEURS/TEENS: The Galileo Golf Net is ideal for teens beginner golfers which offers a largely open Backyard Golf that has no chances to hit the balls through your neighbor's window! This Golf Practice Nets for Backyard makes you feel relieved to hit in the backyard without worrying about neighbors scolding.Adults, please choose the bigger sizes of our Golf Net pro.
- ️DURABLE QUALITY MATERIAL: The Golf Hitting Net is made of strong fiberglass, anti-strike silk velvet target,triangular rear support corner,ground stakes and thick net material. It doesn’t rust or deform while practicing golf.With a durable carry bag equipped for Golf Practice Net allows you to go to your favorite golf practice area freely and quickly.
- ️IMPROVE YOUR ACCURACY: The Galileo Net has a large Golf Net target, perfect for practicing chip shots and more. Anyone who regularly practices Backyard Golf anything will know that you don’t want a complicated setup process getting in the way of your Golf Practising progress.Enjoy the Galileo Backyard Golf with ease is no longer a dream!
- ️IDEAL CHOICE FOR FRIENDS: Match the Galileo Golf Net with your families, friends or colleagues, making your Golf Practice Net more interesting than just hitting shots.Our Golf Net Backyard is also a perfect choice for golf lovers.The Golf Backyard Net is really a perfect Home Driving Range Golf to send gifts on Halloween,Christmas or Birthday to provide years of Golf Driving Range.
Fall in love with Galileo’s mid-size practice net with its incredible durability and features.
- Mid-Size (6.5ft x 5ft)
- Simple Setup
- 60 Day Warranty
There is no question that mid-sized golf nets are the perfect type of golf nets for home use. They feature a height that will fit under any standard sized ceiling as well as a super easy setup. Galileo’s Canopy Practice net meets all the requirements for a top of the line mid-sized golf practice net.
Possibly the best part of the Canopy Practice Net is that it is dead simple to set up. Similar to a tent, the Canopy Practice Net takes only two fiberglass poles in a cross pattern to get the net in position. After setting the net up a time or two, you should have no trouble getting the net up in about 2 minutes.
Galileo is a company that stands behind the products that they sell. This particular model of golf net carries a 60-day warranty that covers any defects. Also, if you do not like the net, the warranty also covers returns. So why not give the practice net a try?
- Perfect For Indoors
- Quick Setup
- Great Value
Set up the perfect indoor practice area with the Galileo Canopy Practice Net.
Rukket Haack Golf Net
6 used from $96.82
- PRACTICE FROM HOME: Lightweight, portable, and easy to set up. No more costly trips to the driving range.
- SAFE AND DURABLE: Robust 4-ply knotless netting tailored for real golf balls. Comes with solid frame that can withstand heavy winds.
- SWING WITH CONFIDENCE: Net covers a 10x7x3ft range, capturing errant swings. Includes signature ball return feature.
- USE WHAT THE PROS USE: Endorsed by SEC Professional Coach Chris Haack as “the last golf net you will ever need.”
- RUKKET FAIR PLAY GUARANTEE & LIFETIME WARRANTY: At Rukket Sports we know you came to win. We also understand in order to win you need to train hard, so that’s why we’re proud to offer the Rukket Fair Play Guarantee & Lifetime Warranty for no-risk purchasing plus outstanding USA-based customer service!
Take your practice to the next level with the only golf net endorsed by SEC coach Chris Haack!
- Full-Size (10ft x 7ft)
- 4-Ply Knotless Netting
- Lifetime Warranty
Upon first glance, the Rukket Haack Golf Net is very similar to the earlier reviewed Nova Portable Net. But there are some key differences between the two similar nets. First, the Nova Net has much thicker fiberglass poles than the Haack Golf Net. Second is that the Haack Golf Net does not come with reinforced corners at the base.
One nice part of the Haack Golf Net is that it does have a 4-Ply Knotless Net. The main material used in the netting is nylon which should give the net a long useful life. Many other nets use a cheaper type of netting that can result in tears.
What golfers can really love about this net is that it comes with a lifetime guarantee that covers the net from any damage. Just give Rukket a call and they will send a replacement part or net depending on what needs repairing.
- Rolls Balls Back
- Quick Setup
- Durable Net
There are other nets out there that simulate the design of the Rukket Haack Golf Net, but few include the lifetime warranty.
AmazonBasics Portable Driving Practice Golf Net
- Golf net with large hitting area allows for safe golf-swing practice; suitable for indoor/outdoor use
- Durable hitting net catches balls and stores them neatly at the base for handy, time-saving retrieval
- Sturdy, yet lightweight design made of metal and fiberglass; conveniently portable for anywhere/anytime practice
- Quick, easy set-up/take-down; includes 4 metal stakes and a carry bag for storage or transport
- Measures 7 feet wide by 7 feet high by 3 feet deep (84 by 84 by 36 inches); weighs 15.7 pounds; backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
Amazon has entered the golf practice net with their new AmazonBasics Portable Practice Net.
- Full-Size (7ft x 7ft)
- Fast Setup
- Carrying Bag & Stakes
Anyone who has spent enough time shopping on Amazon has probably come across an AmazonBasics branded item. Made exclusively for Amazon, these products are usually of good quality and come at a low cost. Both of these qualities can be found with the AmazonBasics Portable Practice Net.
Just a tad larger than most midsized practice nets, the AmazonBasics net can be considered a full-size practice net. Setup is super fast since the solid structure of the net is made up of a metal base and two fiberglass poles.
Amazon has even included a nice carry bag as well as individual stakes to help keep the net upright when used outside. The one downside of this golf practice net is that the net itself is made out of polyester and is prone to break over prolonged periods. But Amazon does offer a free 1-year warranty with easy returns.
- Simple Setup
- 1-year Warranty
- Can Be Used Indoors
- Net Is Prone To Breaking
If you are a fan of Amazon’s Basics line of products, then you should give the AmazonBasics Portable Practice Net a try!
Callaway Golf Chip-Shot Chipping Net
$31.16 in stock
- Short Game Golf Practice Net: Dial in your short game with the help of our ultra-lightweight and durable golf hitting net designed to help you work on various kinds of chips and pitches; size 25’’ x 25’’ when assembled
- Built-In Targets: Our golf chipping net features 3 primary targets running vertically down the center - work on chips, lobs and pitches from a range of distances and trajectories
- Easy Assembly & Storage: Designed for effortless assembly and storage, our golf chipping net takes seconds to set up via unique “pop-up” design and easily collapses into a 12” diameter flat disc
- Indoor & Outdoor Use: Great for indoor and outdoor practice, our golf chipping net is the perfect training aid for your short game. Compatible with real golf balls, or with foam balls when practicing at home or in the office
- Ideal For All Balls: Use our golf nets with soft-flight, foam balls or real golf balls
Out of all the nets in our review, the Callaway Chipping Net is by far the fastest to set up and smallest form factor.
- Compact-Size (2ft x 2ft)
- Instant Setup
- Folds Down To 10.5 Inches
Callaway products never seem to disappoint, especially Callaway’s newest Chipping Net. At just 2ft x 2ft the net is quite small but has ample room for chip shots at a short-range. Every part of the net is high quality allowing for the net to last season after season.
Setup is almost completed in an instant thanks to a pop-up design. Three different targets make for practicing every type of bump and run shot a breeze. The only bad part of this compact design is that this net is not able to handle flop or lob shots all that well.
When Callaway markets the Chipping Net’s ability to be deployed anywhere, they are not overstating it. When the net is broken down it is only 10.5 inches in diameter and about an inch tall. Small enough to fit inside the apparel pocket of any carry or cart golf bag. Really, this Callaway golf net can fit almost anywhere.
- Fits In A Golf Bag
- Practice Anywhere
- Three Different Targets
- A Little Expensive
Become a chipping master and outshine your group around the green when you use the Callaway Chipping Net.
3 in 1 Golf Practice Set
- 3-in-1 golf practice set with driving net, chipping net, and driving mat
- Driving net's 2 expandable fiberglass poles extend to 11 x 7 x 5.5 feet (W x H x D)
- Weather-resistant 23-by-26-inch chipping net functions indoors or outdoors
- Driving mat with high-quality nylon artificial grass surface and heavy-duty rubber base, Velcro has been intentionally removed and the length of the sleeve increased to make the assembly easier
- All items break down for storage in weather-resistant nylon carrying bag
Turn your backyard into your own personal driving range with the 3-in-1 Golf Practice Set.
- Full-Size (11ft x 7ft)
- Individual Chipping Net
- Nylon Carrying Bag
At 11ft high and 7 feet wide, this golf net is by far the largest of all golf nets in this review guide. This is both a good and bad thing. The reason it is a good thing is that a large size means that you can hit almost any shot without the worry of the ball going outside the net. On the bad side, this large size means that the net will not work indoors unless you have a really tall ceiling.
Not only does this net come with a chipping target for use in the full-size net, but also an individual chipping net. This chipping net is perfect for use both indoors and out. Longer lob shots can also be practiced with ease thanks to the large mouth of the net.
All the structural parts of the net are made with fiberglass poles that collapse making the net quite compact when broken down. A nylon carrying case comes with the net and is the perfect way to keep all the pieces of the net together.
- Very Large
- Separate Chipping Net
- Driving Mat Included
- Too Large For Indoor Use
Golfers who are only looking for a backyard practice net should seriously consider the 3-in-1 Golf Practice Set.
Club Champ Golf Practice Net
7 used from $16.72
- 9-feet wide by 7-feet tall
- Net stops the hardest of shots
- Sturdy, weather-resistant nylon net
- Plated steel poles lock together
- Easy set up and take down
For golfers on a budget, the Club Champ Practice Net is just what you are looking for.
- Full-Size (7ft x 9ft)
- Plated Steel Poles
To be honest, this golf practice net isn’t the best but makes the list for one reason; its dirt cheap. When many other golf practice nets cost anywhere between $50 and $200 the Club Champ Practice Net comes in at just $20.
At this price point, the materials used in the net’s construction are a little questionable. The net is thin nylon and the poles are mainly plastic with steel reinforcements. But the net does function quite well and should last a while given that it is taken care of.
One major downside is that this net takes a while to set up. The plastic poles need to be pushed into the ground and the net tied to each poles using about a dozen different string ties. So once this net is setup it is best to just let it up because the hassle of setting the net up will become tiring.
- Works Well
- Target Included
- Super Cheap
- Cheap Materials
- Low Durability
- Hard To Setup / Take Down
While it might not be the best golf net, the Club Champ Practice Net still does a good job and can be made better with a couple of modifications.
Key Features to Consider
Benefits of Golf Nets
At this point, it is pretty clear that golf nets have many positive benefits. From helping you fix a swing issue to just making sure that you get a couple of swings in during the offseason, golf nets are a great product.
When you boil it all down, the best benefit of a golf net is simply practice. Since most golfers only go to the range a couple of times, having a way to practice consistently can really help you get on top of your game. Full swing nets give you the ability to become more consistent with your swing. Add in a chipping net to your practice routine and you are sure to cut some strokes off your game.
For golfers that are located in a climate that makes golf a seasonal sport, the benefit of just having a golf practice net to use is quite substantial. Getting to swing a club several times helps keep muscle memory over the offseason. No longer will you have to visit the course at the beginning of a new season and try to find your swing again!
Golf practice nets come in all shapes and sizes. Everything from a simple flat piece of net to large canopy designs, golfers have a large amount of size and design options. To find the right net size for your needs, you first must identify where you want to practice. This is because of size limitations if you are looking to practice in either your garage or home.
If you do think that you want to practice indoors (perfect for those in colder climates), purchasing a mid-sized practice net is your best option. These nets are usually 7 feet or less in height and should fit under a standard sized roof. It would also be beneficial if the net had a large opening, that way errant shots do not find a wall or window.
Golfers who are lucky enough to live in a warmer climate with a large enough backyard can think about getting a full-sized golf net. A full-sized practice net will have a height between 8 and 11 feet. Designs are usually a little more complex as these larger nets are made to withstand wind and harder hit golf balls.
Let’s face it, not every net is made equal. Some net configurations will last for years while others will fail after only a couple of months. The two main factors that contribute to net strength are Net Material and Net Type. Both of these important factors will be discussed in separate sections below.
Other things that can help you determine the strength of a particular include the price and warranties offered. While it might not be true for every product, but usually you get what you pay for. So by spending a little more on a golf net can result in a better net that will last much longer. Of course, there is nothing wrong with purchasing a cheaper net, just be aware that the net will more than likely break after only a moderate amount of use.
Manufacturer warranties are another way to get an idea as to how long the net will last. If no warranty is offered, it might mean that the net may not hold up very well. On the other hand, if a year or longer warranty is offered then it is safe to assume that the net is made of quality parts.
As stated above, net material plays a big part in how long a net will last before tearing. Almost all golf practice nets use either polyester or nylon netting. Both can be quite good at stopping high power shots while resisting wear and tear. But both have different issues that can lead to net failure.
Polyester is definitely less expensive than nylon, so most nets that are on the cheaper side will have a polyester net. The biggest flaw of polyester is that it tends to fray after being repeatedly struck by a golf ball. As long as the polyester weave is thick enough this doesn’t present much of an issue. But if the weave is thin, the polyester can easily fray and break in a short period of time.
Golfers that have used practice nets tend to prefer nylon as the main material used in net construction. This is because nylon tends to not fray over time and usually has a little more flexibility. However, the major downside to nylon is that it does not do that well if left out in the weather. Cold weather especially will make nylon brittle and prone to breaking.
Types of Nets
Golf practice nets have really come a long way in design that has made them easier than ever to assemble. Most full-size golf nets are made with a structure that uses fiberglass tent poles. These poles are quite strong and flexible making them perfect as a structural material. Plus, these poles collapse into a small form factor for better storage.
Smaller nets, primarily chipping nets, usually have the ability to be a “pop up” net. This means that all the golfer has to do is undo a latch or string and the net will spring up to shape on its own. This is perfect for golfers who want a quick and easy way to deploy a net and get to practicing without delay.
Another thing to keep in mind is the shape of a net. Cheaper nets usually have a simple design with a flat hanging net, while more expensive nets may look like a canopy or larger semi-circle. Each type has its own benefits and drawbacks but canopy style practice nets usually have better durability.
Indoor Nets vs Outdoor Nets
While some mention has been made throughout this article about which golf nets are suited for indoor and outdoor use, this section will give you all the information you need on the topic. Before we get into specifics, you need to know that these are just guidelines since your home may be able to accommodate a larger net. Also, another word of wisdom is that all indoor nets can be used outdoors, but not all outdoor nets can be used indoors. Now to the specifics.
Indoor golf nets commonly have a shorter height (7 feet or less) and a simpler design. The Galileo Canopy Practice Net. is the perfect example of an indoor practice net. At just 6.5 feet it will fit under just about any ceiling and has a wide enough mouth to catch errant shots. Another consideration for indoor nets is to make sure that that they are of higher quality to make sure golf balls do not break the net and hit any interior walls or windows.
Next up are outdoor nets and these types of nets are not all that much different from indoor nets. The most noticeable difference is that outdoor nets are taller (9 – 11 feet) and feature a more stable/permanent structure. Nets like the Spornia SPG-7 or Rukket Golf Net Bundle are great examples. Both designs have wider bases and heavier-duty fiberglass poles. Most outdoor nets will also feature nylon netting.
Setting Up your Golf Net
Setting up a golf net should be a relatively easy task. And if you have ever set up a tent before, you already have most of the knowledge you need! But here is a quick rundown to help you out.
First and foremost, find the directions and give it a quick read. This could save you some serious time and headaches during assembly. Now that you have that out of the way, you should find the base of your net and set that up first. Next, take the net and lay it out on the ground in the correct orientation.
Take the poles (usually fiberglass) and insert them through the cloth sleeves found on the edges of the net. After all the poles are inserted, lift the net using the poles and insert the poles into the base of the net. Finally, take any stakes or string and secure your net to the ground.
While these are only general directions, they should cover most nets on the market.
Whether you want to have a practice net just for some extra practice or as a way to take your game to the next level, you now have all the information you need to make an informed purchase. And don’t worry, if you are still confused, go ahead and choose any of the nets on our list. Each net has made the list due to its own outstanding qualities.
Our personal suggestions include the full-sized Sporina SPG-7 practice net and the mid-sized Outroad portable golf net. Both are very durable and offer all the best features. Just make sure that you get the right one for the area you are trying to use it in since the full-sized Spornia will not fit indoors.
No matter what, an investment in a golf hitting net will pay off. All that extra practice will change your game for the better. Just don’t let your foursome in on the secret.
Why not build a complete home golf experience, all you’ll need is a chipping mat, a golf simulator (reviews here) or swing analyzer (reviews here)! Pair these with our detailed chipping drills (Read more) and level up your game!
So what are you waiting for? Get a golf hitting net and start practicing today!