Any avid golfer will never let poor weather conditions prevent them from playing a round. If you have been caught out in a rainstorm and tried a normal, standard umbrella you may have already noticed they don’t work so well.
Golf umbrellas are designed to protect you from rain and harsh wind on an open golf course so let’s take a look at the best golf umbrellas on the market. There is a range of things and features to look for so following on from the detailed reviews is key information to help make your purchase!
🏆 Quick Look at the Top Umbrellas 🏆
In short golf, umbrellas are generally a lot larger than standard umbrellas.
The following post will explore key things to look for when selecting an umbrella as well as highlight the top-rated golf umbrellas.
Best Golf Umbrellas
EEZ-Y Portable Umbrella
1 used from $20.26
- Full Coverage: This extra large umbrella can provide coverage for the whole family!
- Unbreakable: Our umbrellas for women and men defy the forces of nature with a stainless-steel frame.
- Windproof & Water-Repellant: The big umbrellas for rain let air through without letting rain in!
- Design: Goodbye awkward and cumbersome umbrellas! Our travel umbrella is a comfort to hold or stow.
- Small & Big: Our compact umbrella is the best of both worlds, expansive when up & compact when down.
When out on a golf course, you are likely to experience strong winds when the rain strikes. It is essential to have an umbrella that can stand the test and retain the quality in such situations. This one from EEZ-Y is designed to provide you with protection while ensuring excellent long term use. It is a great solution to unreliable golf umbrellas you may have use in the past.
The umbrella has a specially coated waterproof fabric to provide total protection from the rain. The EVA handle is ergonomic to ensure you are comfortable carrying it around for a long time in wet weather. The 50-inch umbrella folds to about 23 inches so you can take it around with ease. It weighs about 1.2 pounds so you can fix it to your golf push cart without adding too much weight.
With just a press of a button on the handle, you have the umbrella open in seconds. The frame of this umbrella is made from fiberglass and stainless steel to provide you with a durable and reliable umbrella. It does not flip in windy weather and opens smoothly for a seamless experience using it. These features make it a top choice as an ideal golf umbrella.
- TOP-RATED GOLF UMBRELLA: An Amazon top seller, We guarantee it will be the best you have owned.
- UNIQUE DOUBLE CANOPY MESH VENT SYSTEM: Totally windproof. Holds up against strong gusts and rain.
- OVERSIZE 62 INCH CANOPY: Large enough to keep even two people sheltered from the elements.
- OPENS WITH ONE HAND: The Procella features a pinch-less auto open feature and ergonomic handle.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE: With rust-proof, fiberglass framework, the Procella weighs just 1.1 pounds.
This umbrella has been tested in a wind tunnel with speeds up to 45MPH. The Procella 62 Inch Windproof Golf Umbrella features a double layer canopy with further adds to the overall strength.
With an arc size of 62 inches, this umbrella is rather large and will easily cover 2 adults or 1 adult and your cart.
Reinforced fiberglass has been used for the shaft (14mm) as well as spreaders and ribs making this umbrella very sturdy.
When closed, the umbrella has a size of 38.5 inches and weighing in at only 1.7lbs this umbrella is very easy to transport.
A rubberized handle and auto-open button adds to the quality of this umbrella.
Available in many different colors, the Procella 62 Inch Windproof Golf Umbrella boasts great quality, durability and is exceptional value for money.
Repel Windproof Travel Umbrella
$18.37 in stock
- ☔ Automatic Open Close Compact Travel Umbrella: The Repel windproof umbrella features an innovative, one button auto open and close design. At 11.5" inches in length when closed, our lightweight black umbrella (15 ounces) fits into your backpack, briefcase or carry all with ease. Keep it in your car for sudden storms and have it for long walks in the rain
- ☔ Windproof, Double Vented, 9 Rib Canopy: Cover yourself from the rain with our wind defying, double vented, 9 rib small umbrella. Unlike similar umbrellas with 6 or 8 ribs, our 9 fiberglass ribs hold steady in strong gusts of wind, and the double vented Teflon coated canopy allows wind to pass through while providing superior wetness protection
- ☔ Teflon Coated for Superior Protection and Repellency: The Repel portable umbrella has been designed to beat back Mother Nature in rain, sleet, wind, snow and sun. No matter the weather or condition, stay dry with this rain umbrella. Our heavy duty umbrella features a teflon coated canopy that sheds water and resists the extreme punishment of the sun so you can stay protected
- ☔ World Renowned Workmanship: Featured on TV, and rated by Wire Cutter as the top umbrella in 2019. We designed our Repel umbrella to withstand the elements without folding under the pressure. The ergonomic, slip proof, and rubberized grip handle with wrist strap allows for stable carrying. A protective travel sleeve is included. Suitable for men, women, and kids
- ☔ Lifetime Replacement Policy: You are protected for life from the rain, sleet and snow, through our lifetime replacement policy. If anything goes wrong with your windproof umbrella, we will send you a replacement, no return required. We strive for the highest customer service
Although not a specifically designed golf umbrella, the Repel Umbrella is an excellent choice for a compact, travel yet sturdy umbrella. This nifty umbrella is 11.5″ long and weighs 15 ounces making it more than easy to pack in your golf bag.
Even though it may be small, this umbrella is not to be underestimated, with a 9 rib construction this umbrella holds up well in windy conditions. Not only are there 9 ribs, they are also made of fiberglass which offers a little bit of flex but will not turn inside out.
The outer layer is coated in teflon and the entire umbrella is constructed to be incredibly durable. The handle is also rubberized to ensure comfort and ease while using it. It also includes a protective travel sleeve. The only downside to this umbrella is the canopy size, it will keep you dry but probably not your belongings!
If that isn’t enough to convince you then the Repel Umbrella also offers a lifetime replacement guarantee – we don’t think it can get much better than that!
Suntek 68" Reflective Umbrella
- UV PROTECTION – Silver coating reflects heat to cool you down with a 50+ UPF rating to block 99% of the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB solar rays
- WIND & WEATHER RESISTANT - 100% nylon, double-canopy, Vortec venting system prevents the umbrella from inverting during high winds; built to provide protection from sun, rain, hail, snow, and sleet
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - Fiberglass shaft and ribs not only make this umbrella durable and lightweight but also provide extra safety in the event of a lightning storm
- EXTRA LARGE CANOPY – Oversized 68” arc, 57” diameter is big enough to provide shade for two people; umbrella stands 42.5” and comes with a matching sleeve for convenient storage
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE - provides comfortable grip for both left and right-handed users and fits into most golf cart umbrella mounts
The Sun Tek 68″ Reflective Umbrella is an excellent choice and is great value for money. The reflective coating works to keep you cool and being 50+ UPF this umbrella blocks 99% of the sun’s UVA and UVB rays.
Made from 100% nylon this along with the double canopy and venting system ensures the umbrella won’t invert on the golf course in the case of wind gusts. The manufacturer even claims it protects against hail, snow, and sleet.
With a fiberglass shaft and ribs, this umbrella is designed to be durable, lightweight and lasts a long time. The canopy is big enough to provide ample shade for two people or yourself and your cart.
The handle is ergonomic and comfortable to hold for both left and right-handed users. Designed to fit in most golf cart umbrella holders, it also includes a travel cover.
- PROFESSIONAL GOLF UMBRELLA: BAGAIL Golf Umbrella is used by many golfing professionals due to its durability and effectiveness. The Bagail golf umbrella is equipped with a vented double canopy, rubberized comfort grip handle, and auto open mechanism.
- High Quality FABRIC: The canopy uses 190T pongee micro-weave fabric. On top of that, it’s light in weight and very fast to dry.
- FIGHTS THE STORMY WEATHER: The vented double-canopy design adds strength and flexibility. The solid framework underneath flexes with the wind so that the umbrella keeps its shape The fiberglass ribs, hub and shaft do no conduct electricity, so you can safely use this umbrella in stormy weather throughout the course.
- COMFORTABLE & CONVENIENT DESIGN: Ergonomic handle with PU coating, maximizes comfort and grip security. Easy to open with automatic opening mechanism ensures that there will be no delay to your comfort. Simply press the button on the handle to open.
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTY: The vented double-canopy has been designed to resist inversion by allowing wind to pass through the canopy, plus has a lightweight but strong fibreglass frame .We stand behind the durability of our umbrella and offer warranty against any defects in craftsmanship.
This umbrella is durable and recommended as a suitable choice for golf. It is useful and comes with a vented double canopy. The grip is rubberized to get you the comfort of carrying the umbrella for a long time without feeling pressure on your wrists. The canopy is waterproof and sun-proof and comes in a micro-weave fabric to withstand weather elements.
One feature that stands out with this umbrella is the mold-resistance quality of the canopy material. It dries quickly so you can pop it in your golf bag almost straight after the rain passes. On top of that, it is lightweight to allow convenient carrying and storage wherever you are. The double design of the canopy enhances the strength and flexibility.
The frame of the umbrella adds on to the strength of the umbrella to maintain the shape regardless of the weather conditions. The fiberglass ribs and shaft do not conduct electricity, so it is safe to use in wet conditions. It is easy to open using the automatic open button on the handle.
G4Free Automatic Open Golf Umbrella
- THE ULTIMATE GOLF UMBRELLA With a 62/68 inch oversize canopy and heavy duty design the G4Free Ultimate Golf Umbrella is an ideal companion for golfers, the business professional or for daily life. With its sleek all black design, comfortable EVA / ABS grip, sturdy frame and auto open mechanism, the G4Free Ultimate Golf Umbrella is perfect in a metropolitan city or a sports field
- PROTECTS FROM THE ELEMENTS Never get caught in the rain (or sun) again. The G4Free Ultimate Golf Umbrella will protect you from anything that mother nature can throw at you; rain, hail or shine. The canopy uses ultra water resistant 210T pongee fabric. This silk derived material is lightweight, with SPF 50+ protection.
- YOU (WON'T) BE BLOWN AWAY The hardened steel frame will ensure that your umbrella is VIRTUALLY WINDPROOF. Wind will simply not break it.
- OPENS FAST Automatic Open functionality ensures that there will be no delay to your comfort. Fast and reliable automatic opening function. Simply press the button on the handle to open.
- Note: the umbrellas is well-constructed. If any detach or broken about the frame, just feel free to contact us for refund or new replacement.
This umbrella is designed to protect you from weather elements when in dire need. It features a broad canopy that is available in 62 inches or 68 inches size. It works well for golf and can also be used for daily use to work, etc. It comes in sleek colors for you to choose your preferred style. The comfortable grip and sturdy frame make it ideal for any situation that calls for the use of an umbrella.
With this umbrella, you do not have to worry about being caught up in the rain as you enjoy playing golf. It is light to carry with your golf supplies, so you do not have to leave it behind. The canopy is made of water-resistant micro-weave fabric to ensure not even a drop reaches you when it rains. Also, the material is mold resistant and dries quickly for convenient storage.
One of the outstanding features of this umbrella is the automatic open function. As you, as you sense the first drop, this design helps you to open the umbrella in a second and shield yourself. The handle has a sturdy and reliable button to open the umbrella quickly. With the durable stainless steel frame, this umbrella will last a long time.
RainStoppers Double Canopy Umbrella
- Easy to open
- Strong Quality
- Great for all weather conditions
A very affordable umbrella that doesn’t compromise on quality.
The RainStopper 62 Inch Double Canopy Golf Umbrella is large enough to fit 2 adults very comfortably.
Featuring a light weight shaft as well as ribbing for maximum stability. Windbuster technology has also been implemented into the design which allows wind to pass through the canopy in high winds.
The auto-open feature makes it easy to use with only one hand.
The canopy is made of Nylon and the handle is quite comfortable being a rubber golf grip.
When closed, the length of the umbrella is 40″ and a matching sleeve is also included.
With great reviews, if you are looking for a large umbrella without the price tag, then try the RainStopper 62 Inch Double Canopy Golf Umbrella.
RainStoppers Women's 50-Inch Silver Coated Windbuster Golf Umbrella
- 50" Arc
- Length: 32. 75"
- Canopy Diameter: 44"
- Auto-Open Feature
- Style: Double-Canopy Silver-Canopy Golf
With feminine colors, this umbrella has been designed with ladies in mind. This is a sturdy and well-built umbrella that features a double canopy to withstand strong winds and rain.
The RainStoppers Women’s WindBuster Golf Umbrella also features fiberglass ribs and a shaft adding to the sturdy design.
A great, rubberized handle making it easy to use. The arc of this umbrella is 54 inches so ideally for 1 adult and their golf accessories or 2 adults.
In the closed position this umbrella measures 34inches making it very easy to transport and store.
For women looking for something more feminine, the RainStoppers Women’s WindBuster Golf Umbrella is a great, reliable umbrella.
Prospo Large Oversized Umbrella
- ☀ UV & RAIN PROTECTION GOLF UMBRELLA: Silver coating inside isolates UV and reflects heat to cool you down, UPF 50+ for high protection from sunrays (blocks 99.95% of sunrays). 210T ultra-high density pongee fabric is water repellent and quick to dry, protecting you from heavy downpour.
- ☀ 62 INCHES EXTRA LARGE FOR 2 ADULTS: With 62inch arc diameter canopy, the XL stick umbrella could provide full coverage for at least 2 adults. Ideal for family outing, golf play, commute, guest welcoming, business activity and sport.
- ☀ DURABLE WINDPROOF DOUBLE CANOPY: Double vented canopy design prevents umbrella from inverting during high winds and make it easy to hold in harsh condition. The wind will pass through the gap without breaking the umbrella or rain leaking.
- ☀ LIGHTWEIGHT FIBERGLASS CONSTRUCTION: Fiberglass shaft and ribs reduce its weight to 1.54LB dramatically, not sacrificing its durability and firmness. EVA foam handle with auto-open design gives you better grip and reduces wrist fatigue.
- ☀ WHAT WE OFFER: We engineer our umbrellas to stand the test of time. Backed by 3-month moneyback and 18-month hassle-free warranty for any quality issues. Professional Customer Service will reply your any question within 24 hours via emails.
This umbrella has a broad canopy which can shield up to 3 people at once. It comes with an EVA non-slip foam handle which gives you an excellent grip for long periods. You do not have to strain your wrist when using the umbrella. It is ventilated and dries quickly making it suitable for outdoor sports such as golf. The vertical handle makes it comfortable to carry.
The material of this umbrella canopy is waterproof to provide total protection from the rain. The canopy dries quickly for convenient storage without worrying about mold and mildew growth. Also, the umbrella is wind-proof to ensure it doesn’t flip in strong wind conditions. It works well in all types of weather including extreme sun and storms.
The structure of the umbrella consists of a fiberglass shaft and eight ribs. It is sturdy and stable to ensure you have an easy time using the umbrella. It is lightweight and weighs 1.54 pounds for convenient storage. The umbrella lasts more than metal umbrellas since it is not prone to rust and deterioration. With just a button, you can push open the umbrella.
TaylorMade TM Manual Open Single Canopy Umbrella
- Single canopy umbrella
- Manual spring mechanism with red fiberglass ribs
- TaylorMade brand-mark printed logos
- Ergonomically correct black textured contour rubber grip
- Measures 60-inch size
Considering TaylorMade manufacture the TM 60 Inch Umbrella, one would assume the price tag would match. The TaylorMade 60 Inch Umbrella is actually inexpensive yet is still a sturdy, reliable and windproof umbrella.
With only a single layer canopy it can still withstand intense winds.
Black, textured ergonomic contour handle makes it easy to hold.
Measuring in at 60 inches in size, this umbrella could cover 2-3 adults.
The shortfall of this umbrella is that it doesn’t feature and automatic open and closing system, nor does it have a fiberglass frame.
If you are looking for something cheap that still does the job well then the TaylorMade 60 Inch Umbrella is for you.
Lejorain Umbrella Auto Open Close
- EXTRA LARGE CANOPY AND PORTABLE FOLDING SIZE: Despite being able to protect at least 2 people (54in), this extra large umbrella doesn’t sacrifice portability – it folds to only 15.25in and it’s much lighter (only 1.3lb) than other golf umbrellas with a similar sized canopy. Take it while walking the dog, watching your favorite sports, or pick up your school children.
- WINDPROOF AND STRONG BUILD: This 54in large umbrella with its vented Double Canopy construction allows the wind to pass through the vents preventing it from flipping over or turning inside out. Moreover, our premium Fiberglass and stainless steel frame system cries out NO rust, NO breaking.
- AUTO OPEN AND CLOSE: The reliable push-button open and close mechanism operates quickly allowing you to open this auto umbrella in seconds in sudden rain, great for quick entry into a car, building, or tent.
- WATER REPELLENT FABRIC AND LUXURY REAL WOODEN HANDLE: This large umbrella is made of 210T fabric with a specialized Dupont Teflon coating, making it water repellant and fast-drying. Also, the ergonomic real wood handle with finger-notches makes it comfortable to hold and easy to grip.A perfect windproof golf/travel/business umbrella for you.
- USEFUL COVER AND ENSURE: This is a gift which your family and friends will truly appreciate.The quality zip of this cover makes the umbrella easy to take out and to store away again.If you are not satisfied with the large folding umbrella just return it within 30days for a full refund with FBA service; if anything at all goes wrong with your umbrella,we will send you a replacement absolutely free and no return required within 90days!
This umbrella allows you to carry it conveniently among your golf supplies. It folds to 15.25 inches so you can fit it in your golf bag easily. The design of this umbrella ensures you get the most out of it and it is light enough to carry around. The broad canopy is useful to shield two people without worrying about getting wet when it rains.
It has a double-canopy construction which contributes to its stability and strength. This feature adds on to its weatherproof properties making it useful in cases of strong winds, storms or extreme sunlight. The strength it has prevents it from flipping or turning inside out in extremely windy conditions. This quality makes it ideal for all weather conditions.
The canopy material is water-repellent for total protection. The sturdy wooden handle is comfortable to hold and ensure you have a balance using the umbrella during a storm. The handle features finger notches which help you get the right grip for long periods of use. The canopy dries off easily, so you do not have t worry about packing your wet umbrella in your backpack.
GustBuster Classic Automatic Golf Umbrella
$36.95 in stock
- THE CLASSIC – Gust Buster's Classic umbrella is the smartest umbrella you’ll ever own. Armed with Gust Buster's patented technology, the Classic’s 48-inch canopy provides cover that you can count on. The Classic also features a curved hardwood handle.
- BUST THE GUST – This weatherproof umbrella features an automatic opening system and a waterproof 100% Nylon canopy. Combined with its unique patented double-canopy design, the Classic can weather any storm.
- UNFLIPPABLE, UNFLAPPABLE, UNLEAKABLE – The Classic umbrella utilizes Gust Buster's award-winning double canopy design, which has been tested in winds up to 55mph without flipping, folding, or leaking!
- WIND-DEFYING CONSTRUCTION - The Classic features superior construction with a pinch-less open and close release system, steel joint connectors, and a double-reinforced, lightning-resistant fiberglass shaft that prevents crimping, even in strong wind.
- SATISFACTION – The Gust Buster Classic comes with a complimentary carrying sheath and is backed by our 30-day money back as well as a limited lifetime .
The GustBuster Classic 48 inch Automatic Golf Umbrella is lighter than most umbrellas but far more sturdy, it is claimed to handle wind speeds up to 55MPH. The double-layer canopy allows the wind to easily pass through without flipping your umbrella inside out.
Made from 100% nylon it features a pinch-less release system for ease of use during opening and closing.
The shaft is double reinforced fiberglass making it very sturdy and safe in a lightning storm.
It is available in a multitude of colors and features an attractive J handle.
Measuring in at 36 inches long and with a diameter of 48inches, this umbrella also comes with a lifetime limited warranty. The GustBuster Classic 48 inch Automatic Golf Umbrella boasts excellent value for money.
How to Choose the Best Golf Umbrella
The biggest consideration is how large you want the umbrella to be. You’ll need to consider the size to keep everything out of the rain, wind and even sunlight, as a rule of thumb – the bigger the better.
Not everyone has the luxury of a caddy so you’ll need to purchase a big enough umbrella to keep your clubs and gear dry while taking your shots.
There are umbrellas of many different colors and styles, meaning you can choose one to suit your set.
A golf umbrella will range in arc sizes of 30 to 70 inches. We recommend an umbrella with a minimum 60-inch span. It must be noted that the arc sizes are not exact matches for diameter sizes.
Material & Weight
In addition to the size, you’ll need to consider it’s weight. As you’ll probably take it with you every time, a lightweight and easy transportable umbrella is recommended.
The material will alter the weight as well as the number of canopy layers. In terms of lightweight umbrellas, some include fiberglass materials including the shafts and handles.
This is a great option as they are extremely light yet strong. However, standard metal shafts provide comparable strength and durability.
In addition, if you also happen to get caught in a lightning storm, a fiberglass shaft will be safer than a metal one.
While lightweight is ideal, you need to consider the trade-off. The more layers – ie. canopy layers will provide more protection and be more sturdy if there was also wind. However, the material these days is particularly lightweight and of high quality.
Although playing golf in windy conditions is challenging enough, harsh winds can cause your umbrella to invert or fly away. This will render your umbrella useless.
There are umbrellas that are designed to withstand severe winds. A lot are tested against hurricane-force winds, although chances are you won’t be playing in a hurricane it’s good to know your umbrella could/would survive.
To overcome the issue of wind, many golf umbrellas will incorporate strong components to stop them from inverting. Sloped canopies will direct the flow of air over the canopy whereas ventilated ones will allow it to pass through.
With a lot of things, you get what you pay for. If you decided to purchase a cheap umbrella you will probably find yourself buying replacements every few months. Opt for a sturdier, well-built umbrella in the first place and you will not be disappointed.
Overall there are many umbrellas out there, we recommend spending a little more and buying a top-quality product. That doesn’t mean busting the bank but it does mean paying for what you get. A double canopy design is a must if you play regularly in windy conditions – no one wants their umbrella getting inverted and breaking while on the course.
Fiberglass shafts are also the better option, they are more sturdy yet offer flex in windy conditions but are also lightweight and will be safe in a lightning storm.
Although we highlighted the top 12 for a travel or compact size umbrella that offers a lifetime warranty consider the Repel Umbrella and for overall value we recommend the Procella 62 Inch Windproof Golf Umbrella. In addition to your umbrella, consider investing in some quality golf rain gloves and waterproof golf shoes.