Golf has a reputation of being a sport that easy to play but hard to master. For most golfers this holds true, and the only way to get better is to invest time in practicing. Thankfully, practicing has gotten a lot easier in the last decade. So many new and unique training aids have been developed to help golfers master their swing and get better at their short game.
So in this article, we will be taking a look at the top 12 best golf training aids on the market. Each will come with its own mini-review that covers its key features, uses, and benefits. Whether you are looking to practice putting, swing tempo/style, or ball contact, there is an option for you. Plus some of the highlighted products cost less than $10! Offering excellent value for golfers on a budget.
So let’s hop right into our review of the 12 best golf training aids, starting with the PuttOut Putting Trainer!
Best Golf Training Aids
PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer
$24.98 in stock
1 used from $21.58
- This training aid is designed to simulate the exact conditions of putting into a real hole on the green by it's ground-breaking parabolic curved design
- Each successful putt is returned the same distance it would have gone past the hole if it had missed - great feedback for getting the pace just right.
- Designed to return good putts and reject bad ones.
- Made from high quality, elastomer and translucent polycarbonate, PuttOUT folds and fits into your golf bag.
- Build repetition into your practice to improve your pace putting and to practice pressure putting.
With a unique parabolic shape and simple to use design, it no wonder the PuttOut Putting Trainer is a best seller!
- Simulates Exact Putting Distance
- Returns Good Putts, Rejects Bad
- Made of Durable Elastomer & Polycarbonate
Putting is by far one of the biggest parts of golf, with about 40% of a round’s shots coming from the putting green. So its no wonder that many golf teachers and professionals tell golfers to focus on their putting. And, with this device, you can practice putting almost anywhere!
Made of Durable Elastomer and Polycarbonate the PuttOut Putting Trainer features a parabolic shape. This shape allows for bad putts to fall off the edge, while good putts are returned back to the golfers. The rollout on the return would be the distance that the golf ball would have went by the hole on a real green. This is the closest simulation of a putt without actually putting.
The trainer also folds down for easy storage including in a golf bag. Currently, the PuttOut Putting Trainer is available in five colors; blue, green, orange, red, and white. At $30, the system might seem a little pricey but it by far one of the best putting aids on the market.
- Simple To Use
- Fits In A Golf Bag
- Practice Anywhere
- A Little Expensive
Practice you putting with the PuttOut putting Trainer and start sinking more putts with ease.
Flight Practice Impact Balls
$9.99 in stock
- Regulation size, stronger alternative to plastic training golf balls
- Indestructible and resistant to dents
- Train in small spaces with limited-flight design
- Flight distance of approximately 45 yards
If you have little to no back yard, practicing golf can be tough. But with the SKLZ Practice Balls, you can practice almost anywhere!
- Regulation Size
- Indestructible & Resists Dents
- Limited Flight
Practicing full or even half shots with real golf balls requires a decent amount of space. Even then you have to find all the balls which becomes a bit of a hassle. That’s why SKLZ golf created their special practice golf balls.
While the SKLZ Practice Balls seem very similar to other plastic practice balls, there is one big difference; they aren’t plastic. That means that unlike plastic practice balls, they resist dents and are almost indestructible. Each practice ball is regulation size and has a maximum flight range of about 45 yards.
One thing golfers do need to watch out for is that since the balls feature a half yellow half black color design, it can be easy to lose the balls in tall grass. But at $10 for a pack of a dozen practice balls, they are an absolute must-buy!
- Super Durable
- Works Indoors Or Outdoors
- Low Cost
Even when you can’t get to the course you can still knock around the SKLZ Practice Balls.
EyeLine Golf Speed Trap 1.0
$56.70 in stock
- The speed Trap was developed to help you do two things: hit it longer and hit it straighter! This training aid is small and compact in size and comes with a soft carry bag. The rods give instant feedback on path of the club.
- Trap The ball- catch the ball and then the turf. Create a nice crisp divot, hit it Solid with great trajectory and phenomenal spin. The polycarbonate base tells you instantly If you are scooping the ball or hitting it fat
- Swing on-plane- when you learn to swing the Club between the speed rods, your Club will be on plane and on path. Great for eliminating a slice or hook and ultimately leading to straighter longer shots. Also, an incredible tool for chip and pitch shots.
- To take away the "over the top" Move and instantly cure your slice: put a rod on the back Top corner, and front inside corner (right-handed golfers). Brighter alignment stripe for your eyes to see the intended line.
- Taming a Wicked slice or grooving a baby draw, the speed Trap is the quickest way to change your swing path. Change the position of the rods to match your skill level. The brilliant alignment stripe shows precision alignment for each shot. Ideal for practice round, too. Use it for each shot to help see your on-course alignment.
Despite the almost crazy looking design, the EyeLine Speed Trap helps stop slicing in no time.
- Indestructible Polycarbonate Base
- Adjustable Velcro Rods
- Fast Swing Plane Adjustments
In golf, a golfer’s swing plane goes hand and hand with how the clubface meets the ball at impact. And for most amateur golfers, poor impact is because of a poor swing plane. To help golfers get a better swing path and thus better impact, EyeLine designed the Speed Trap.
The design of the Speed Trap is quite interesting, thanks to a large Polycarbonate Base with angled Velcro Rods. When using the Speed Trap, golfers try to keep their swing plane inside the Velcro Rods. Hitting any of the rods indicates an outside to in swing path which can result in a slice. These Velcro Rods are adjustable which allows you to customize the Speed Trap to your individual skill level.
A small cutout at the top of the Speed Trap also helps you correctly trap the ball then hit the ground. So not only will this tool help your swing but it will also help you get rid of fat and thin shots.
- Works For All Skill Levels
- Durable Base & Rods
- Helps To Quickly Reduce Slicing
- Base Is A Little Large
While it might take a bit of getting used to, the EyeLine Speed Trap is one of the best golf swing plane trainers.
- GOLF ALIGNMENT STICKS: Master your swing with perfect alignment every time; Set includes 3 golf alignment sticks (48” length) for improved training that will shave strokes off your score
- IMMEDIATE IMPROVEMENT: Practice fundamentals to land closer to your target: ensure proper posture (shoulders, feet, hips), ball alignment, club alignment and swing plane for achieving optimal impact
- PRACTICE SMARTER: Alignment sticks feature a pointed tip for easily staking into the ground and setting up for ball striking drills and more
- FOLDABLE DESIGN: Compact alignment sticks fold in half for easy storage in any golf bag making them easy to take on the go for practice
Alignment sticks like the GoSports Alignment Sticks are a versatile and easy to use training aid that you can take anywhere.
- 48” Long
- Foldable Design
Perhaps you have seen some PGA Pro Players on the warm-up range using alignment sticks and wondered why? The reason PGA Pro Players still use alignment sticks is because of just how easy and effective they are. This means for amateur golfers, alignment sticks are still a great training aid.
While there are many different brands and types of alignment sticks on the market GoSports creates one of the best quality to price sets. In the set, golfers will find three foldable alignment sticks. When folded down, the sticks are only two-foot-long but when extended, double to 4 feet in length. Each stick comes with a pointed end to easily stick into the ground for a broader range of golf exercises.
At the price, all golfers should have a set of alignment sticks. From checking alignment to fixing swing plane issues, these sticks can do it all. Plus, they breakdown and are easy to carry in a golf bag.
- Lots Of Drills Possible
- Great Value
- Can Break, But It’s Difficult To Do
GoSports Alignment Sticks are an outstanding set of swing aids that offer an immense range of practice drills.
Gold Flex Swing Trainer
$50.61 in stock
5 used from $45.11
- 10-20 swings every day will improve swing tempo, strength, and flexibility
- Easy to use - simply “swing” the Gold Flex back and forth continually without stopping at impact position, as if swinging to a metronome
- Fights slices and flattens the swing
- Low-impact stretch for pre- round warm-up
- Fits easily in golf bag – legal to carry on course
Losen up and get your tempo dialed in on the tee box with the SKLZ Swing Trainer!
- Low Impact Stretching
- Fits In Your Golf Bag
- Golf Grip
Swing trainers are nothing new to the golfing world. But some of the newer swing trainers work as both a trainer and a warm-up device. The SKLZ swing trainer works to not only stretch your body, but dial in the perfect tempo for your swing.
To do this, the swing trainer uses a regular golf grip on one end and a heavy weighted plastic ball on the other. The shaft between the two ends is a flexible plastic to allow for lots of flex during your practice swing. This combination allows you to stretch and dial in the perfect swing tempo.
Not only is the SKLZ Swing Trainer legal to use, but it can also be carried in a golf bag during a round of golf. So whether its the on the first tee or later in the round, you can loosen up with just a couple swings. There are two sizes of Swing Trainers that cater to taller and shorter golfers.
- Great For Warmup
- Dials In Your Tempo
- Legal To Carry & Use
Warming up has never been easier thanks to the easy to swing SKLZ Trainer.
Full Swing Training Aid
$12.97 in stock
- Golf Training Aid: Our golf swing aid reinforces the key fundamentals of a good golf swing
- In-Sync Swing: Designed to promote a one-piece takeaway, our golf swing trainers help keep the arms and body in sync during your swing
- Versatile Design: Our full-swing golf trainer works for both right- and left-handed golfers and fits golfers of all sizes
- For All Skill Levels: A great piece of golf training equipment for golfers of all skill levels, our golf swing training aid is especially helpful for beginners
- Portable: Our ultaconvenient golf swing trainer rolls up to about the size of a wallet, making it easy to transport
If your a beginner looking to learn the right swing technique, the Callaway Swing Easy Training Aid is for you!
- Promotes One-Piece Takeaway
- Works For All Golfers
Despite every golfer having their own personal swing, every successful swing has the same beginning. It starts with both the arms and body moving at the same time during the takeaway of the club. If this one-piece takeaway doesn’t happen, lots of problems are bound to occur.
Thankfully for golfers, Callaway has created the Swing Easy Training Aid to quickly teach proper golf swing technique. This option uses a single two sleeve piece of elastic that firmly keeps a golfer’s arms in place during the takeaway. This forces both the arms and body to move together as one throughout the entire swing.
Not only is the Swing Easy Training Aid simple to use, it works for golfers of all skill levels. Plus, this device folds down and can be kept in a golf bag for easy portability. And at the cost of just $15, it is one of the all-around best value training aids in this list!
- Simple To Use
- Can Be Used To Warm Up
- Low Cost
While it might be one of the simpler swing aids, the Callaway Swing Easy is one of the best for first time and beginner golfers.
Orange Whip Swing Trainer
1 used from $107.91
- THE ORIGINAL #1-RATED GOLF TRAINING AID - Don’t settle for imitations. The Orange Whip has been voted #1 Teaching and Training aid by PGA and LPGA Professionals for a reason: it’s simply the best.
- PATENTED COUNTERWEIGHT SYSTEM - The Orange Whip Trainer increases your flexibility and strengthens your golf muscles through its proprietary weighted and counterweighted system. There’s nothing else like it! Improve your range of motion while avoiding injury. Strengthen your swing power while maintaining control.
- SIMULATES ATHLETIC SWING - The proprietary flexible shaft coordinates the rhythm between your arms, upper body, and lower body. Swing over and over to develop your own tempo and balanced swing for consistent shots on the golf course.
- INSTANT FEEDBACK - Any wobble in your swing indicates a need to improve tempo and balance. Receive instant feedback with each swing!
- MADE IN AMERICA - Premium Quality. The difference is in quality you can feel. Handmade in the USA with American parts. Features a patented flexible shaft and counterweighted system. Built for endurance and comes with 2-year warranty!
Orange Whip is one of the most highly rated swing trainers among the PGA and LPGA Tour for one reason; its the best.
- Patented Counterweight System
- Instant Feedback
- Premium Quality
Warm-up sticks and trainers have been around for a long time. But the Orange Whip Swing Trainer was the first real effective swing trainer and warm-up stick. It combined both tempo training and stretching into a single-speed stick.
The Orange Whip uses a Patented Counterweight System that increases flexibility while avoiding injury. Thanks to a flexible shaft, golfers can practice their swing tempo and receive instant feedback if their swing plane/speed changes. To make the practice even more realistic the Orange Whip Swing Trainer comes with a premium Tour Wrap golf grip.
One of the biggest reasons why Orange Whip has had such success is because of its Premium Quality. Each Swing Trainer is hand-built in America and comes with a full two-year warranty. You will need to pay up for the Orange Whip as it costs just over $100. Compared to other swing trainers, this is significantly more expensive.
- Perfect To Warmup With
- Teaches Tempo
- Outstanding Quality
The Orange Whip was the original swing trainer that still holds a place in many amateur and pro players’ warm-up routines.
Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three
$34.12 in stock
7 used from $32.76
- Manufactured from PET resin
- Manufactured in the USA
- Kidney shaped practice putting green
- High quality putting surface stays smooth
- Built in sand trap cutouts catch missed shots
Practice putting in the comfort of your home with the Putt-A-Bout Putting Green!
- 9 Feet Long
- Three Cups
- Non-Skid Backing
Indoor putting greens have become more popular in recent years thanks to lower costs and improved portability. One of the best selling indoor putting greens is the Putt-A-Bout Putting Green. It features a nine-foot-long by three feet wide putting surface the can easily be rolled up for easy storage.
A total of three different holes are present at the opposite end of the mat. Behind the holes are two long “sand traps” that help catch golf balls that miss the mark. A special Non-Skid Backing is applied to the underside of the putting green to make sure it doesn’t move when you walk on it.
Overall, the Putt-A-Bout Putting Green provides a great indoor putting experience. The rollout of each putt is very true and resembles a real green. If you pair the Putt-A-Bout Putting Green with another putting alignment aid, you will have a great indoor putting training station.
- Great Roll
- Roll-up For Easy Storage
- Great Value
- Need Ample Space To Use
If putting is your weakness, the Putt-A-Bout Putting Green can help you sort out your problems in no time!
Grip Trainer Attachment
- Creates muscle memory for proper hand positioning and grip
- Attaches to most clubs from driver through wedge
- Small enough for your bag
- Perfect for practice or pre-round range sessions
- Built for right-handed golfers
Wonder if your grip is to light, heavy, or just not right? Then give the SKLZ Grip Trainer a try!
- Attaches To Most Clubs
- Easy Storage
- Perfect For Training
A golf grip is more than just a way to hold onto a golf club, it also allows for proper rotation of the clubhead and can even help with distance. So your grip is a crucial part of how well you perform on the course. Making sure your grip is perfect is just what the SKLZ Grip Trainer was made for.
Made with special ridges and depressions, the SKLZ Grip Trainer puts your hands in the right place and keeps them there throughout the entire swing. The design promotes muscle memory learning as a way to fast track your way to the perfect grip. It is also small enough to easily fit into any golf bag.
According to SKLZ, the Grip Trainer will fit standard sized grips but may not fit larger midsized grips. Another slight downside is that the Grip Trainer only comes in a right-handed configuration. So lefthanded golfers are out of luck.
- Easy To Use
- Works Quickly To Change Your Grip
- Low Cost
- Only For Right Handed Golfers
- May Not Fit Mid-Sized or Larger Grips
Quickly learn the perfect golf grip when you use the SKLZ Grip Trainer!
Swing Corrector Tool
- Correct Swing Positioning-By adjusting the correct position of the hinge on the upper part of your back swing allowing you to get a touch of the perfect artificial swing. have this tool for the range of driving and practice until it becomes natural ciwnous.
- Fix Slice And Hook-Corrects face alignment throughout your golf swing to reduce problems with Slice and Hook
- Increase Your Distance-By correcting the way your back Swing will slow up your energy slowly and you can increase your distance by working less energy to send the ball further.
- Perfect For Putting-This tool will keep your arms closed and keep you from breaking your wrist when you next putt through
- Fits All Golfers-Right Hand, Left Hand, Men, Women, Boys and Girls. This training helps works for golfers of all skill levels ciwnous
The UWANTME Swing Correcting Tool is a cheap and convenient way to perfect your golf swing.
- Attaches To Any Club
- Small Form Factor
- Perfect For Training
Swing correction devices come in all shapes and sizes. The UWANTME is perhaps the best compromise in size and value. It comes with an angled plastic arm that attaches to any golf club and keeps the golfer’s arms in the perfect position throughout the entire swing.
By practicing with this Swing Correcting Tool, you will consistently get a squarer face at impact. So no more slicing or hooking the ball off the tee or the fairway. The UWANTME Swing Correcting Tool can also be attached to putters to help teach proper arm movements for better roll.
This Swing Correcting Tool is by far one of the most popular golf tools on the market. Many different sellers offer a similar style of swing trainer. Despite this, the UWANTME Swing Correcting Tool is by far the best compromise between price and performance.
- Easy To Use
- Fits Easily In Golf Bag
- Low Cost
- Cheaply Made
While it might not be the most cutting edge golf training aid, the UWANTME Swing Correcting Tool is still a great choice.
$6.38 in stock
- Unique shape of the flat ball shows you if you have too steep or shallow of golf swing
- Helps establish proper swing plans
Having trouble by hitting the golf ball fat or thin? If so, give the Izzo Flatball Training Aid a try!
- Unique Shape
- Quickly Address Swing Issues
- Soft & Flexible Material
Practice golf balls work wonders by allowing practice almost anywhere. But what if your practice golf ball did more? That’s why you should use the Izzo Flatball Training Aid to properly train your swing for optimal impact.
Made of a soft and flexible material pressed into a disc shape, the Flatball Training Aid makes for a smaller target than a regular golf ball. This disc shape forces golfers to “scoop” the ball rather than hit too far down or up on the ball. Effectively, this training tool will help you stop hitting the ball thin or fat.
At less than $10, these Flatball Training Aids are a perfect addition to your golf practice routine. One thing to keep in mind is that when using lower loft irons like a seven through four, you may find that the Flatball flies very far on perfect hits. Because of this, we recommend using wedges or higher lofted clubs when practicing.
- Indoor & Outdoor Use
- Instant Swing Feedback
- Low Cost
- Can Fly Far
You really can’t find any quality golf training aids cheaper than the Izzo Flatball Training Aid.
LongShot Standard Roll
- 250 standard sized Universal Iron labels total
- Absolutely accurate impact readings
- Multi-Impact ... at least six to eight readings per label
- Correction/Instruction Guide included
- Used labels remove completely ... no residue
Want to know where your impact point is? Slap a Longshot Iron Label on, take a couple of swings, and admire your grouping.
- Accurate Impact Readings
- Correction Instruction Guide Included
- 250 Total Labels
If you have ever been fitted for a set of golf irons, you have probably had experience with golf impact labels. If not, here is how impact labels work. They attach to the face of an iron and after a swing, show where the came in contact with the club. Simple, right?
But other than helping fit clubs, impact labels like the Longshot Iron Labels can be a great (and low cost) training tool. By knowing where you hit the golf ball on the clubface, you can adjust your swing to get the ball closer to the center. Longshot even includes a Correction Instruction Guide with this roll to help with adjusting your swing.
This roll includes a total of 250 individual labels that can be applied to any iron face. Longshot even states that a single label can be used up to eight times. If you want to get impact labels for the other clubs in your golf bag, Longshot has you covered there as well!
- Perfect When Practicing
- No Residue On Club
- Simple To Use
- Only Shows Impacts
Use the Longshot Iron Labels to move your contact point closer to the center of your irons for greater distance and forgiveness.
As a golfer, practicing is one of the best things you can do to become more consistent. Thankfully there are so many new and unique training aids that can really take your practice sessions to the next level. Hopefully this guide has helped you see all the different options you have when it comes to purchasing a golf training aid.
Before you buy a particular training aid, make sure it will help fix the individual problem you are having. If you’re having impact problems, swing trainers can help create better impacts. But impact trainers are what will really help you the most. The same can be said for practice balls and alignment sticks. They compliment each other but each excels in its given area. So make sure you identify your weakness and buy the appropriate training aid.
So go ahead and purchase a training aid or two and get practicing. That way the next time you hit the course you’ll be ready to play your best!
For all your golfing needs visit the homepage!
Improve your golf by investing and using the best training aids! We've reviewed the top 12 best options available.
- PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer
- Flight Practice Impact Balls
- EyeLine Golf Speed Trap 1.0
- GoSports Alignment
- Gold Flex Swing Trainer
- Full Swing Training Aid
- Orange Whip Swing Trainer
- Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three
- Grip Trainer Attachment
- Swing Corrector Tool
- Izzo Flatball
- LongShot Standard Roll