For many beginners it is a common misconception that golf is not very hard on your hands. While there are golfers who prefer not to wear a glove at all, there are many more who do.
Golf gloves are a common and considered critical piece of equipment for your golf bag. Gloves are ideal for a better grip and therefore swing improvement and a glove is also great for rainy or cold golfing conditions.
The following article will cover a few key considerations for making your selection as well as our list of the best golf gloves!
🏆 Quick Look at the Best Golf Gloves 🏆
Best Golf Glove
It pays to read reviews as well as customer reviews when making your purchase-don’t do so blindly. The following are considered the best golf gloves which have stood the test of time and have a review accompanying them.
With todays market being overcrowded with cheap products it’s a matter of buyer beware. You will get what you pay for in this industry and will probably go through a number of cheaper gloves.
So why not invest in a quality glove that will last longer from the start. Let’s take a detailed look at the best golf gloves on the market!
Callaway Men's Dawn Patrol Golf Glove
- All Leather Constructions: Great Feel, Fit & Durability
- Perforations On Palm, Fingers And Thumb: Moisture Reduction & Increased Breathability
- Opti Fit Adjustable Closure: Thin, Light & Secure Fit
- Cotton Terry Cuff: Soft Feel & Moisture Absorption
The Callaway Dawn Patrol glove is a sharp looking glove manufactured with leather offering maximum durability and feel.
- All Leather Constructions: Great Feel, Fit & Durability
- Perforations on palm, fingers and thumb for increased breathability
- Opti Fit Adjustable Closure: Thin, Light & Secure Fit
- Cotton Terry Cuff
The perforated design makes this glove very breathable which is what you want while playing a round of golf. This along with the cotton cuff provides extra absorption and a snug fit.
Callaway are a premium company that manufacture quality products and the Callaway Dawn Patrol is no exception. Using an opti-fit closure that is adjustable, this ensures you can always get the right, secure fit for great golf swings.
A great feature of this glove is the cotton cuff which offers softness and an increased level of moisture absorption- great for keeping hands dry.
- Feels good and fits perfectly
- Breathable due to the perforation
- Adjustable closure
- Cotton cuff to reduce moisuter
- Various sizes available
- All leather glove – durable and designed to last
- Wears a little faster than others
- Customer complaints of the stitching coming undone.
- Takes some time to break in
For those who like to wear their glove for all shots this won’t cause any issues or blisters on your hands. It is comfortable for long wear and won’t rub against your skin making the Callaway Dawn Patrol great value for money.
MG Golf DynaGrip All-Cabretta Leather Golf Glove
- All-Cabretta Leather
- Quality and traditional styling comparable to FootJoy Sta-Sof®
- Winner of several PGA Tour events
- All-time best-seller-well over 10 million sold!
- First-quality only, no seconds!
The DynaGrip Golf Glove is arguably the most popular golf glove on the market and there are a few reasons for this.
In terms or price and quality it’s hard to find something better. The rise in popularity of this golf was a result of PGA tournament winners wearing and using them.
- All-Cabretta Leather
- Can be used in most weather conditions
- Excellent fit
- Used by several PGA Tour event winners
Manufactured from Cabretta leather, the glove fits feel and feels great to golf with. Resistant to moisture and sweat, a better grip is the direct result making it possible to play in nearly all weather conditions.
Multiple sizes available this glove can be purchased for both left and right handed orientations. The leather design is made to last although there have been a few customer issues challenging the durability. To be honest at the price they are it’s hard to be disappointed.
- Well priced
- Many sizes options to choose from
- All Cabretta leather design
- PGA golfers use this glove
- Won’t last as long as other designs
The DynaGrip Golf Glove can also be used as rain gloves with claims the are moisture resistant. A very basic golf glove that is hugely popular in the market with over 10 million units sold. With glowing Amazon customer reviews and the inexpensive price tag it’s hard to overlook this glove.
Bionic Gloves –Men’s StableGrip Golf Glove
$24.21 in stock
- DURABILITY - This premium golf glove, made of genuine leather, boasts an additional pad on the palm for extra support and lifespan. This pad offers twice the amount of strength in one of the most common places where other golf gloves break down.
- DON'T STRANGLE THAT CLUB-Prevent fatigue and increase grip with our patented anatomical pad relief system evening out the surface of your hand, displacing your grip pressure evenly on the club. Get a lighter grip and stay in full control the whole round.
- SECOND SKIN - Say goodbye to baggy fingers and constantly re-adjusting your wrist strap. This glove's pre-rotated finger design follows the natural curvature of your hand allowing it to fit like a second skin. Refer to sizing guide for perfect fit!
- PERSPIRATION MANAGEMENT - Lycra between the finger gussets, top of knuckles and running up the pointer finger offer maximum breathability and flexibility during hot, humid rounds. Terrycloth interior on high risk zones manage moisture without losing grip.
- WASH ME! - No matter how hot, rainy, good or bad your round was you can wash it away and start fresh. Machine wash on the delicate cycle with mild soap and no bleach products. Cool air dry flat.
The Bionic Glove is a premium golf glove made from genuine leather that is comfortable and durable. Designed with an additional pad on the palm this offers extra support and adds to the lifespan of the glove.
The extra padding essentially doubles the strength in the palm which is normally the first place gloves become worn. In addition this glove is designed with an anatomical pad that creates and even surface across your hand which displaces the grip evenly on the club. This makes it easier to maintain a light yet controlled grip.
- Huge range of sizes
- Pre-rotated fingers for ultimate fit
- Twice the padding across the palm
- Lycra for flexibility
- Terry cloth inside for moisture absorption
Integrated into the design is a pre-rotated fingers which follows the natural curvature of the hand making it fit like a second skin. This glove has the widest range of sizes available so there really is a fit for everyone. Check out the detailed size guide before determining the right size for your hand.
With lycra between the finger gussets, top of the knuckles as well as up the pointer finger this offers maximum breathability and flexibility. Well suited to hot and humid climates or for those with sweaty hands, this glove is very well ventilated.
On the inside is terrycloth in the high risk zones which further manages moisture without compromising swing grip.
- 14 different sizes available
- Twice the padding on the palm
- Genuine leather make
- Terrycloth inside on the high moisture zone areas
- No Cons!
The Bionic Glove is a high quality, comfortable and reliable glove that is designed to last twice as long as others due to double the padding. Very highly rated, another great feature of this glove is that it can be machine washed on a delicate cycle and left to air dry on a flat surface.
Nike Men's Dura Feel Golf Glove
- Genuine leather on palm and thumb
- Perforated synthetic leather panel on back of hand
- Strategically placed stretch fabric in fingers and back of hand
- Angled tab design for a superior ergonomic fit
- Customized fitting system for all hand shape and sizes
A fairly inexpensive glove, the Nike Dura Glove is durable and made of quality material. It is perfect for the budget conscious golfer who wants a good glove without the price tag.
The glove has a perforated synthetic leather back panel which enhances breathability wihtout affecting the range of motion.
These gloves will work well to keep your hands sweat free on hot summer days.
- Stretch fabric in fingers and back of hand- designed for flexibility and breathability
- Material: 85% polyurethane/10% nylon/5% goatskin leather
- Genuine leather on palm and thumb
- Available in many sizes
- Available in black and white
The glove feature an adjustable angled tab to close the glove which along with the ergonomic fit makes it very comfortable.
With genuine leather on the palm and thumb this makes for optimal grip and prevention of blisters. Available in small, medium, medium-large, large, X-large and XX-Large this glove can accommodate golfers of all ages and sizes.
This glove is made from synthetic leather so if you prefer something designed to last a bit longer then these gloves are not for you.
- Perforated back
- Stretched fabric for breathability and flexibility
- Ergonomic support
- Palm and Thumb are genuine leather
- Easily adjustable for the right fit
- Sizing runs a bit smaller
The Nike Dura Glove is a popular and well priced golfing glove. Made from synthetic leather it has genuine leather on the thumb and palm of the glove. Breathable this is a good choice for general play and in warmer climates as well. An ideal gift for a golfer in your life whether it be a friend, partner, parent, child or grandchild.
Titleist Perma Soft Golf Glove Mens
- Premium, quality fit means a seamless connection to your club
- Precisely placed seams
- Satin reinforcement at cuff and thumb for strength and durability
- Available in men's and Women's styles
The Titleist Perma Soft Golf Glove have been designed for peak performance, comfort and protection from the elements.
- Cabretta Leather
- Soft and comfortable feel
- Resists rain and perspiration
- Provides durability and value
- Enhanced fit, comfort and breathability as the hand flexes.
- Precisely placed seams do not interfere with grip.
- Satin Reinforcement at Cuff and Thumb
Made from high quality, soft and supple Cabretta Leather this glove offers comfort and 100% resistance to rain and moisture. The factors work together to provide a superior grip.
CoolMax mesh is located across the knuckles for breathability and comfort without compromising on flexibility and fit.
Satin has been used to reinforce the cuffs and thumbs which offers extra strength and durability. A seriously huge variety of sizes available for both left and right handed players.
- High performance and comfortable
- Water and moisture resistant
- Enhanced fit
- Cannot specify black or white color choice
The Titleist Perma Soft Golf Glove is one of their best sellers. Although Titleist aren’t renowned for their golf gloves, the design is well made and offers great user comfort and durability.
FootJoy WinterSof Golf Gloves
Great gloves for both cold and wet weather. Designed to withstand hard weather, the grip of the FootJoy Wintersof is fantastic.
If you live in a cold climate or play through harsh winters then these gloves are for you. Designed to keep your hand, fingers and fingertips warm and comfortable while on the course.
- Grip designed for cool-weather
- Sure-grip is water resistant in the auto suede knot palm.
- Windproof fleece
- Waterproof Nylon and Weather-shield on the back of the glove
- Weather shield stretch knit cuff.
The FootJoy Wintersof is available in a range of sizes with customers saying they run a bit bigger. These gloves are exceptional in cold weather and hundreds of Amazon customers agree.
These are a very well made product made from water resistant material within the palm. This is fantastic because you don’t want to compromise your grip on a golf club if it is raining or wet.
- Fleece lined for extra warmth
- Thin enough to still feel your shots
- Stretch knit cuff
- Water resistant
- Takes a little getting used to
The fleece inner layer of theFootJoy Wintersof is guaranteed to keep your hands warm and shielded while playing in cold conditions. This along with the shield stretch knit cuff will trap your body heat and keep your hands warm for the whole round.
FootJoy Men's RainGrip Pair Golf Glove Black Medium/Large, Pair
- QUICK-DRY COMFORT - The Quirky II knit material along the back of the fingers, assures optimum breathability, flexibility and quick-drying comfort.
- BALLMARKER - A removable ball marker offers golfers a quick and easy solution to mark their ball.
- SOLD IN PAIRS - FJ Rain Grip gloves are sold in pairs.
- PRECISE FIT - The angled Comfortable closure is strategically positioned for a precise fit and stress-free comfort.
- WET-WEATHER GRIP - The auto suede knit palm provides an unmatched grip in wet or humid conditions, conforming to both your hand and club for a secure grip and maximum control.
Gloves designed to grip well in wet weather conditions. The FootJoy Rain Ready grip gloves are manufactured using a quick drying material your hands will stay warm and dry throughout the game.
- Grip still allows for a good connection while golfing
- Secure, comfortable fit
- Quick drying
Customers have noted that they run smaller in size. These RainGrips are one of the best golf gloves FootJoy has made and you can rest assured knowing that playing in wet weather won’t compromise your golf.
Well priced, FootJoy Rain-Grips are a must have in your golf bag for those rainy days out on the course.
There is no need to compromise the quality of your swing in wet weather conditions. Designed with breathability and flexibility in mind these gloves are comfortable. The elastic bands on the back of the gloves and non-woven microfiber palm and index finger allow for maximum control.
- Excellent in wet weather conditions
- Pair of gloves
- Gift pack including a free towel
- Detachable ball marker
- No cons
FootJoy Rain Ready grip gloves use a QwikDry material along the back of the gloves. This provides breathability and flexibility when using these gloves and playing golf. The quick drying material is truly fast so you won’t have wet or soggy hands.
Srixon 2017 Men's Z Cabretta Golf Gloves
- Lycra insert positioned across the knuckles
- Cabretta leather for ideal fit and feel
- Provides flexibility and added comfort
The Srixon Mens Z Golf Glove is made from Cabretta leather and has lycra inserts across the knuckles for flexibility.
- Cabretta Leather construction
- Coolmax Spandex knuckle inserts for comfort and fit
- Srixon Finger Venting Technology
- Velcro closure
- Srixon logo on closure tab
Coolmax Spandex and venting is in the fingers which keeps your hand cool and comfortable in all weather play.
Premium Cabretta this glove has undergone a silicon tanning process giving it a soft and supple feel. There is perforation along the top of the hand, fingers and in between the fingers which offers breathability and moisture reduction.
Easy to adjust for snugness and comfort via the velcro closure tab. This glove can be bought for both left and right hand orientations as well as in a variety of sizes.
- Premium Cabretta leather
- performance preforations
- Breathable and flexible
- Thin skin technology
- Prone to stretching over time
The Srixon Mens Z Golf Glove is a flexible and comfortable golf glove that is made from premium Cabretta leather. This glove has undergone a tanning treatment which uses hybrid resins to maintain the leathers softness over time meaning your glove will remain supple.
New Improved FootJoy WeatherSof Mens Golf Gloves
- FiberSof palm and back for consistent comfortable fit.
- Premium Cabretta leather thumb and palm patch.
- Breathable, dual PowerNet mesh inserts.
- 3-Directional tab closure.
- Comfortable wrist elastic.
The FootJoy Weathersof Glove is another top rated golf glove made from premium Cabretta leather on the thumb and palm.
- FiberSof palm and back
- Premium Cabretta leather thumb and palm patch.
- Adjustable and a wide variety of sizes
Boasting a three directional tab closure this glove can be tightened and loosened as needed on the golf course. This along with the comfortable wrist elastic makes this glove a pleasure to use.
Breathable, the glove includes dual PowerNet mesh inserts which work to keep your hand dry during use.
Classed as an all weather grip it is claimed that it is suited for dry and wet weather play. Although if you are going to be playing in wet conditions, consider purchasing the FootJoy Wet weather gloves.
Huge variety of sizes to choose from this is a two pack purchase meaning you will have gloves for (hopefully) the season!
- Comfortable to wear
- Adjustable to different hands with the 3 directional closure tab
- Durable glove
- Soft and supple to wear
- Value pack – two gloves in the purhcase
- Excellent padding
- Tends to wear out quickly
The FootJoy Weathersof Glove is the new and improved version of their standard yet highly popular glove. Made from premium materials and designed to last it is no wonder why this glove is a clear favorite amongst golfers.
Glove It Women's Golf Glove
out of stock
- WOMEN'S GOLF GLOVE - The Glove It ladies Mod Dot golf gloves are both functional and fashionable. Every women's golfing glove features top quality materials, experienced design, and our custom signature prints you can only get with Glove It.
- ALL DAY COMFORT - Our golf gloves are made with breathable stretch lira for maximum comfort and ease of movement. Features a soft cabarets leather palm that aids gripping. Provides complete UV 50 sun protection.
- SIZE OPTIONS - Left-Hand Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, and X-Large. Right-Hand Sizes: Small, Medium, and Large. Right-handed golfers will wear the glove on their left hand, while left-handed golfers will wear the glove on their right hand.
- GLOVE IT SIGNATURE PRINT - Features our stylish and fun Classic Mod Dot print. Match your favorite print across all your gear and outfits! All Glove It products are available in each print collection.
- GLOVE IT features products at top golf courses, country clubs, and golf specialty stores worldwide. Glove It sets itself apart from other manufacturers through a well coordinated product line of fun prints and unique designs.
For the ladies! The Women’s Golf Glove – Glove It is an excellent choice. Designed specifically for women, the gloves a more suited to a feminine hand.
- Soft cabretta leather palm
- Provides complete UV 50 sun protection.
- Unique colors and patterns to choose from
Comfortable and designed for performance, this glove has cabretta leather material on the palm making it soft and light to use.
Stretch lycra is also incorportated into the design which is great for smaller hands. Built in sweat vents through the perforations make this glove ideal for humid conditions and sweaty palms.
The pull tab design makes it easy to use and adjust to your hand. Available in a wide range of sizes and an even wider range of colors and patterns. The wristband is also moisture wicking and antimicrobial.
- Great fit for all hand sizes
- Excellent grip strength
- Flexible and comfortable to wear
The Women’s Golf Glove – Glove It is a great choice! Constructed of high quality materials and available in a wide range of colors and patterns to choose from why not purchase a couple!
Grip Boost Men's Left Skin Golf 2.0 Gloves
- SIZING: Runs a little large compared to other brands.
- AAA cabarets leather: provides the highest quality cabarets leather palm for enhanced grip, comfort and durability in all weather conditions
- Mesh windows: perforations on pointer finger and thump to increase ventilation and provide a custom fit for your hand size
- Angled closure strap: provides a tighter custom fit for each hand size and reduces palm bunching
- Webbing: back of hand synthetic webbing enables the glove to fit and feel like a second skin
The Grip Boost 2.0 Glove offers an innovating design for ultimate user comfort. This comes from the webbing pattern on the back of the glove which stretches when needed and is comfortable to wear.
With mesh windows and a dimpled leather construction, moisture that may build on your palms is directed away. This design feature makes it great for humid conditions.
- Made from AAA cabretta leather
- Dimpled mesh for breathability
- Angled closure strap
- Webbing on the back of the hand for flexibility
Completely made from AAA cabretta leather this glove is high quality and offers durability as well as enhanced grip.
The angled closure strap offers a tighter custom fit for the users hands and reduces any bunching in the palms.
Available in black or white there are five different sizes to choose from for both left and right handed players.
My only concern is that due to the high amount of mesh in the glove that with prolonged use this may be a weak spot which has the potential for tearing when under stress.
- Highly breathable
- Variety of sizes
- Available in black or white
- Potential for tears in the mesh fabric
Lightweight, this glove really does feel like a second skin when playing and is a very natural fit. In terms of value for money the Grip Boost 2.0 Glove is a great option.
Why You Need a Golf Glove
It is very rare to find a golfer who chooses not to use a golf glove. With golf grips offering improved grip you may think it is unnecessary to wear a glove as well. However, golfing still does take a toll on your hands, so let’s take a look at a few benefits of using a golf glove.
Improved Golf Grip & Swing
The key to a good swing is to have a light, relaxed grip reducing the pressure on your arms which allows for a free swing. So for many by using a golf glove they may notice a swing improvement.
With use, your golf grips will become quite worn and until the time comes to replace them, gloves are the perfect way to combat any loss of grip. Holding tightly to your club stops any twisting which allows for a better shot.
Many new golfers will notice blisters on their hands, generally under the index finger and on the thumb. Continual play on blisters is a recipe for disaster and your golf will soon suffer. Blisters are painful and can easily be avoided through the use of a glove.
Cold and Wet Golfing Conditions
When playing in wet, cold, windy or all 3 conditions without a good pair of golf gloves you won’t be able to play.
You’ll need gloves that offer enough thickness to keep your hands both warm and waterproof. If you are playing in very cold conditions then you’ll need gloves that are designed with inner fleece layers and cushioning.
Thicker gloves may reduce your playing ability but nonetheless you will still be able to enjoy a round of golf in near zero (F) conditions.
For rain, gloves will need to be made of a high quality material. The key thing to account for is that the glove still maintains grip in wet conditions.
You do not want your club to slip or move around while taking a swing and you definitely don’t want to play a round with cold, stiff hands. Invest in a quality golf glove from the beginning.
For summer conditions you first concern will be breathability. It is crucial the glove provides airflow to prevent your hand from sweating.
Damp, sweaty hands are a recipe for disaster when it comes to swinging and it’s not an enjoyable experience.
Generally leather gloves feature breathable materials as well as fitting the hand more naturally leading to better flexibility and comfort.
Better for Maintaining Club Grip
It has been noted by many golfers that by using a glove specifically for their needs their clubs have more life- the grip lasting longer too.
Wedges and Putters
Many golfers will remove their gloves when using wedges and putters. This is because these are more precision shots which require feel as opposed to bulk power. Removing the glove allows for more feeling and as these a smaller shots that don’t require much of a swing chances are you won’t get blisters.
Fitting a Golf Glove
The most important part of the process- making sure your golf is going to fit. The comfort of having a proper fitting glove will do wonders for you swing.
The opposite is true for ill fitting gloves. The material of the glove is also important, to be able to feel the club and connection is pretty important aspect of playing golf.
Is it time for a new glove? Watch how to tell if you are due for a new glove here:
While it is key to select a golf glove that fits there are many on the market and finding the right one can be hard. The gloves reviewed in this article are considered the best golf gloves on the market and are available for both male and female players. The hugely popular DynaGrip Golf Glove is the most affordable on the list and still boasts the quality. All of the gloves listed in this review are high quality and will perform well so I hope it makes your decision easier for finding the best golf glove.
Best Golf Glove!
Having the best golf glove is going to enhance your golfing game. Many people attest to an improvement in their golf game as a direct result of having a golf glove. This can be due to a few things including a better grip and comfort when using a club as being relaxed yet firm is key!