Anyone who plays golf knows that it is an expensive sport. From greens fees to cart fees and even money spent at the clubhouse restaurant, it all adds up. Even golf clubs have become more expensive over the years.
But fear not! Even though you may not be able to change the reoccurring expenses in playing golf, the clubs themselves don’t have to be expensive. There are still some great clubs available at a reasonable price. We did all the research for you and put together this guide on the best golf clubs for the money.
Every type of club, from drivers to putters, will be covered in this guide and most of the clubs will be from brand name golf companies. So if you are on a budget or just want to lower your overall investment in new clubs, these clubs are for you!
So let’s hop right into our review of the 12 best golf clubs for the money!
Best Golf Clubs For The Money
TaylorMade Men's RBZ Black Driver
2 used from $ 185.99
- A large, 460cc Titanium head with an adjustable loft sleeve allows for optimized launch and trajectory
- Ultralite Titanium core strategically positions mass for higher launch and trajectory control
- Premium matrix White tie 55 shaft for maximum distance and smooth feel
- Legendary speed pocket performance for high launch and low spin, resulting in more distance
- New satin black finish with elegant detailing to improve alignment
TaylorMade brings high-end performance and accuracy to its more midlevel focused RBZ Black Driver.
- Ultralite Titanium Core
- Speed Pocket
- Adjustable Loft Sleeve
There is no doubt that the TaylorMade RBZ Black Driver is one of the best value golf clubs. And why is the RBZ Black Driver such a great value? First, it has outstanding distance thanks to an Ultralite Titanium Core construction. This special core creates a higher launch and more velocity at impact.
Second, the RBZ Black Driver has a large Speed Pocket on the sole of the club that maximizes clubhead speed. Throw in an Adjustable Loft Sleeve on the hosel and golfers will be able to customize the driver to meet their specific needs. All these features on a driver that costs under $200 is almost unheard of!
Many options for customization are available including three different types of flexes and three head lofts that range from 9.5-12 degrees. Plus, an all-black paint scheme makes for a timeless design.
- Exceptional Distance
- Good Feel
- Great Accuracy
One of the most expensive types of clubs is a driver, but with the TaylorMade RBZ Black Driver, you can get big performance a relative steal.
Cleveland Golf 2135 Satin 1.0
$89.99 in stock
- Optimized face milling
- Polymer TPU insert
- Optimal alignment
- Includes Headcover
Putters have become very expensive, but you don’t have to pay an arm and leg to get a high-quality putter like the Cleveland 2135 Satin Putter.
- Optimized Face Milling
- Polymer Insert
- Raised Alignment Bar
Cleveland has always been known as a value golf brand that makes great clubs at a reasonable price. With their latest line of putters, Cleveland has created even more value for their customers. Made of one singular piece of metal, the 2135 Satin Putter has excellent feel and balance.
What gives the 2135 Satin Putter its consistent distance is a mix of Optimized Face Milling and a Polymer Insert behind the face. Many premium brand name putters use this same technology to achieve their signature sound and feel.
Golfers will appreciate a high contrast and raised alignment bar that is centered behind the clubface. Not many putter manufacturers opt for a raised bar design, but Cleveland really does make it work. The 2135 Putter comes in both right and left-hand orientation and 34 or 35-inch length.
- Very Accurate
- Great Feel
- Consistent Distance
Get the same high grade putting performance at a fraction of the cost with the Cleveland 2135 Satin Putter.
Callaway Men's XR Hybrid
2 used from $ 79.99
- Increased Ball Speed For Greater Distance The next generation of our Forged Hyper Speed Face Cup increases ball speed all across the face so you get distance and forgiveness at every impact location, even on off center hits
- Higher MOI and Lower CG In A Hybrid We've completely redesigned the head shape to reposition weight; This creates even more forgiveness and a CG that's 46% lower than X2 Hot
- More MOI and Ball Speed Our re-engineered Internal Standing Wave is the ultimate team player; It's a refined way to increase MOI and still give the face cup the freedom to flex for more ball speed
Combining some of Callaway’s newest technology with a classic design, the Callaway XR Hybrid is the perfect hybrid for any golfer.
- Face Cup Technology
- New Head Design
- Internal Standing Wave
Hybrid designs haven’t really changed all that much over the years, but what has changed is the inclusion of more and more technology and features. The Callaway XR Hybrid has been redesigned in a way that keeps a traditional hybrid style but with new internal features. The first feature is called Internal Standing Wave where MOI has been improved and face flexibility enhanced.
Callaway’s touted Face Cup Technology also makes an appearance and helps increase overall ball speed and accuracy. Another added benefit of Face Cup Technology is that mis-hit shots tend to have less side spin and travel farther.
Customizable options are pretty run of the mill with golfers being able to choose their flex (senior, regular, or stiff) as well as the hybrid type (3H, 4H, or 5H). This club is a little more expensive than some other hybrids on the market but the value and performance it beings more than compensates.
- Easily Get The Ball Off The Ground
- Well Balanced
- Great Distance
Get one of the best golf clubs for golfers of any skill at a price that makes sense with the Callaway XR Hybrid.
TaylorMade Rocket Bladez 2.0 Iron Set
$346.64 in stock
- Brand: TaylorMade
- Dexterity: Left Handed
- Club Type:Iron Sets, Gender:Men
- Flex:Stiff, Shaft Material:Steel
- Shaft: TM RocketFuel Steel
Newly updated, the Rocket Bladez 2.0 feature more distance increasing features and incredible forgiveness than ever before!
- Inverted Cone System
- Speed Pocket
- Polyurethane Fill
If you are a mid handicapper, the TaylorMade Rocket Bladez 2.0 Irons are hands down one of the best golf club sets. They feature an Inverted Cone System that creates a larger sweet spot at the center of the clubface. This means mishits are more likely to travel farther and with a better launch angle.
A small but functional speed pocket lies on the sole of the club just behind the leading edge. The speed pocket itself helps increase clubhead speed but also contains a Polyurethane Fill. This special fill has the job of reducing vibration and creating a likable sound signature.
Most sets available will fit many golfers who use standard equipment. As a cavity backs tyle of iron the Rocket Bladez 2.0 set would be perfect for mid handicappers looking to hit better shots from the fairway. The only ding is that the cavity is actually quite large.
- Outstanding Forgiveness
- Great Distance
- Excellent Value
- Large Cavity
Get better accuracy and increased distance from the fairway with the TaylorMade Rocket Bladez 2.0 Iron Set.
TaylorMade Men's Jetspeed Golf
1 used from $ 79.99
- New and more efficient Speed Pocket design promotes fast ball speed for long distance
- Low-and-forward CG promotes fast ball speed and low spin optimal launch conditions
- Variable weight Matrix Velox T shaft promotes maximum feel and control at different swing speeds
Stripe your 3 wood from the fairway and the tee with the redesigned TaylorMade Jet Speed Fairway Wood!
- Low & Forward CG
- Speed Pocket
- Matrix Velox Shaft
For most amateur golfers, 3 woods can be a little tricky to hit consistently. But with the TaylorMade Jet Speed in your bag, you will have to fear no longer! Engineered with a Low & Forward CG the Jet Speed has no problem getting the ball off of the ground in a hurry.
A large speed pocket can be found just behind the face of the club. Golfers should see increased swing speed thanks to this innovation. TaylorMade has also included a Matrix Velox Shaft that varies in weight depending on what flex you choose. This variable weight was made to better fit different swing speeds rather than use a one size fits all model.
Other forms of customizability are very limited with golfers only being able to choose what flex and head type they would like. One disappointing thing about the Jet Speed is that there is almost no adjustability of loft wor weighting.
- Optimal Launch Angle
- Great Distance
- Not Adjustable
At just under $50, the TaylorMade Jet Speed Fairway Wood is one of the best cheap golf clubs in this review.
Cobra Men's 2018 F-Max One Length Iron Set
$245.00 in stock
- One Length Set Makeup-F-Max One Length irons have been re-engineered for 7 Iron weighting
- Offset Design-An offset hostel design creates higher launch with more draw bias for straighter, more accurate shots
- Low Profile & Deep Undercut Design-A lower profile club head design moves
- Specialty Wedges-Specialty wedge designs in the GW and SW provide added versatility and shot control around the greens
- Premium Chrome Finish-Nickel chrome plating provides better aesthetics and durability for great looking and longer lasting irons
Join the group of golfers who are making the switch to a more consistent style of golf with the Cobra F-Max One Length Irons.
- One Length Shafts
- Deep Undercut Design
- Offset Clubhead Design
Thanks to PGA Tour player Bryson Dechambeau, golfers now have the ability to get iron sets that contain shafts that are all the same length. The idea behind irons that have the same length is that players will have more consistent contact. For the most part, this statement is true and one of the reasons many people make the switch.
The Cobra F-Max One Length Irons use that same head as the Cobra F-Max. This means that the same features like a deep undercut and slim profile are still the main design. Even a slight offset has been giving to help promote a draw preference.
F-Max One Length Irons have very little customization. Golfers are only able to choose between hand orientation and between regular or senior flex. The available club layout includes a 6 iron through pitching wedge.
- Great For Moderate Swing Speeds
- Easy Consistency
- Good Forgiveness
- Wedges Fly Very Far
- Low Irons Fly A Little Short
If you are regularly having inconsistent shots, it may be time to switch to a one-length set of irons like the Cobra F-Max One Length Irons.
LAZRUS Premium Forged Golf Wedge Set
- SINGLE 56 DEGREE ONLY: 56 degree loft. Right handed. Forged with milled face. All skill levels!
- HANDS DOWN THE BEST QUALITY (FORGED): This Lazrus golf wedge is made in the same place as some of today's "top" golf clubs - For 1/4 the price!
- PRO QUALITY WITHOUT THE PRICE: Our premium forged golf wedge was created for normal everyday golfers like you, weekend warriors or scratch golfers but without the crazy price tag. Truly amazing golf club that will shave strokes at an amazing price.
- MICRO MILLED FACE: For great spin, control and consistency from the fairway, fringe or rough.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Absolute 100% risk free purchase. Don't LOVE it? Simply return it! A deal that cannot be beat anywhere in the golf industry!
Stop paying to much for brand name forged wedges when you can get the same performance for a fraction of the price with the Lazrus premium Wedge.
- Fully Forged Clubhead
- Milled Face
- Love It Guarantee
Most premium golf wedges tend to be the same: a forged clubhead with different bounces and a milled face. Lazrus may not be a well-known name in golf but their golf wedges have everything you would expect a premium wedge to have. The Forged clubhead on the Lazrus Premium Wedge even comes from a factory that produces other top golf wedges.
The clubface on a wedge is one of the most important areas and Lazrus has really taken time to perfect their wedge’s clubface. With nicely spaced and sharp grooves golf balls will generate large amounts of spin. Subtle milling is also present and helps increase spin and feel.
Only a couple options exist for the Lazrus wedge, but golfers who want a full three wedge set will save a couple of bucks. Plus, Lazrus offers a Love It Guarantee where if you become unsatisfied with the wedge, you can send it back for a full refund no questions asked!
- Excellent Spin
- Great Feel
- Outstanding Value
The Lazrus Premium Wedge is truly one of the best budget golf clubs in the wedge category.
2018 Cobra King F8+ Driver Nardo
$179.99 in stock
- Precision milled face-our first fully Machined driver face is CNC milled to create our thinnest, hottest, and most precise face EVER
- 360 Aero-Innovative Polymer Aero trips positionedaround the perimeter of the clubhead improve drag reduction face-on throughthe downswing to generate maximumclubhead speed.
- Ultralight Carbon Fiber Crown-A lighter 5-ply carbon fiber crown saves discretionaryweight to move the CG lower and deeper, producinghigher trajectories and increased forgiveness.
- F8+ adjustable cg-2 CG positions in the front and back result in two very different ball flights to help you tune your distance and trajectory under variable conditions
- My Fly 8 with SmartPad-8 easily adjustable loft settings help you managetrajectory and fine tune launch conditions to maximizedistance while SmartPad keeps the face square.
Despite being a year old, the Cobra F8+ Driver is still an excellent driver that has all the performance to play your best.
- CNC Milled Face
- Adjustable CG Positions
- Cobra Connect
Cobra drivers have been getting better and better over the last few years and the Cobra F8+ could be one of the best. The main upgrade with the F8+ Driver is that the face is made from a single piece of metal that has been CNC Milled to be as thin as possible. This allows for a huge sweet spot and a really hot face.
Two different weights on the sole of the F8+ can be changed to help fine-tune the club to your personal preferences. Sadly, no extra weights come with the club so if you want to tune the club you will need to pick up weights from Cobra or an authorized dealer.
Using Cobra Connect, golfers will be able to automatically track their driving statistics including distance and swing speed. All this information can be found in the Cobra app for smartphones. Even premium third-party shafts are available and can help golfers get even more precision.
- Hot Clubface
- Light Clubhead
- Great Distance
- Extra Weights Sold Separately
Get one of Cobra’s best drivers and start bombing your drives farther than ever before with the Cobra F8+ Driver!
Wilson Staff D350 Combo Hybrid/Iron Set
- Introducing D350, pure distance irons integrated with easy-to-hit Hybrids
- Distance technology that helps to expand the effective hitting area where it's needed most - across the sole of the club
- Speed sole technology: specifically designed to help the golfer get the ball airborne and forward
- Thick toplines and wide soles for confidence at address while delivering high launch at impact
Save yourself some money and get one of the best golf sets, the Wilson Staff D350 Combo Set.
- Speed Sole Technology
- Confidence Inspiring Shape
- Mixed Set
For golfers who are looking to upgrade their entire bag, stop and take a look at the Wilson Staff D350 Combe Set. This set has both irons and hybrids that play better than what the price may suggest. Both the irons and hybrids come with a Speed Sole that works with a golfer’s swing to get the club through the ball quickly during impact.
Speed Sole is a real lifesaver with the hybrid clubs since it makes the hybrids super easy to hit with a high launch. One thing the Wilson tried to do with the D350 irons is to make a clubhead shape that inspires confidence at address. The shape is both pleasing and reassuring.
The set itself has little customization options. It comes with regular flex steel shafts on the irons and graphite shafts for the hybrids. A 4-5 hybrid is included and irons from 6-PW & GW make up the bulk of the set.
- Great Distance
- Wonderful Accuracy
- Irons & Hybrids
- Extra Weights Sold Separately
Upgrade your entire bag to the Wilson Staff D350 Combo Set and start striping shots from the fairway with ease.
Adams Golf Tight Lies 4 Hybrid Clubs
- Ghost Slot Technology hides crown slot but keeps benefits of higher balls speeds and increased forgiveness
- Low profile upside down design creates large impact area low on face
- Tri level sole reduces turf interaction for better performance out of any type of lie
Adams has been making great and affordable hybrids like the Tight Lies model for years. Now it’s time for you to start seeing the Adams difference.
- Ghost Slot Technology
- Tri-level Sole
- Upside Down Design
One thing that many golfers see right away with the Adams Tight Lies Hybrid is that it has a different face style. Adam’s calls this their Upside Down Design that creates a larger impact area lower on the clubface. This is very beneficial to those golfers who tend to hit the ball low on the face.
Two other pieces of technology that are included with the Tight Lies Hybrid is a Tri-level sole and Ghost Slot Technology. Frist is the Tri-level sole that creates better turf interaction on different types of lies. Second is the Ghost Slot Technology that acts similar to what other manufacturers call a Speed Pocket.
Loft options for the Tight Lies Hybrid include 22 and 25 degrees equivalent to a 4 and 5 hybrid. Golfers are also able to select between three lofts; senior, regular, and stiff. For the price, the Tight Lies Hybrid can not be beaten!
- Great Control
- Good Distance
- Excellent Distance
- Not Adjustable
With a unique design that lives up to the hype, the Adams Tight Lies Hybrid is perfect for those who sometimes have trouble hitting their hybrid.
Wilson Sporting Goods Harmonized Golf
$29.95 in stock
- Classic, high polish finish and classic blade shape
- Perfect club for getting your ball close to the pin
- True Temper steel irons for high performance and reliability
- Sole grind allows players to open the club face further to hit higher shots with more accuracy, therefore improving performance
- Blade shape with modified bounce angles for dead stop spin and versatility from the sand, rough, or fairway
If you are on a budget but need a golf wedge or two, look no further than the Wilson Harmonized Wedge.
- Sole Grind
- High Polish Finish
- Classic Blade Shape
With this model of wedge, Wilson kept it super simple. Featuring a classic blade style very similar to other more expensive wedges, Wilson is striving for the premium look. With this design style, those who use the Harmonized Wedge should have no problem using a premium wedge in the future.
A nice Sole Grind on the bottom of the club creates a versatile bounce that can be used in almost any conditions. For those who are using a dedicated wedge for the first time, this type of grind is perfect.
The finish of the Wilson Harmonized Wedge is quite flashy with a chrome polish finish. Five different lofts are available and range from 50 to 64 degrees. Most golfers will opt for a 56 or 60-degree option.
- Great Control
- Very Durable
- Very Inexpensive
- Cheap Feel
- Narrow Stock Grip
Golfers can save some serious money with the Wilson Harmonized Wedge and still have acceptable performance.
Ray Cook Golf Silver Ray Sr600
$33.58 in stock
- Loft: 3 lie: 70
- Available in 35 inch
- Headcover included
- Limited edition
Ray Cook has been manufacturing putter for decades and over time the putters have become well known for their value and performance.
- Textured Face
- Limited Edition
Occasionally, Ray Cook will create putters that come in Limited Edition runs. This is precisely the case of the Ray Cook SR600 Putter. With a classic blade style, the SR600 is made to promote feel.
A groove style textured face helps give each putt more topspin for better consistency in distance. It would be nice if the grooves we a little longer across the face since mishits may suffer. Weighing in at 360 grams, the SR600 is a hefty putter that will roll the ball very far on just a small swing.
As a limited edition, this putter comes in an all white paint scheme with blue and red accents. Other limited edition colors are available. Each putter is 35 inches long and comes with its own logoed headcover.
- Heavier Feel
- Classic Design
- Good Value
- Louder “Ping” During Impact
Pick up the Ray Cook SR600 Putter and you will never want to put it down! Plus, it comes in a cool looking limited edition color!
Value in golf can never be placed on value alone. A club that costs $500 might only perform marginally better than another club priced at just $100. It all comes down to what you get for your money.
Every single club that appears in this review guide has an incredible price to performance ratio making them a great value. Yes, some clubs on this list may be more expensive but usually they are as good as other options that cost almost twice as much.
There is one piece of advice that we would like to give those who are looking at upgrading their entire bag on a budget. Choose clubs that work well together based on the budget. Don’t use most of the budget for one club. Instead, try to spread the money across different clubs to get a better overall bag.
If you have been waiting to upgrade a club or two, now is the time! Any of the clubs in this guide are truly the best clubs for the money that will make sure you get the most bang for your buck! Guaranteed!
Best Golf Clubs For The Money
Read through our review of the best golf clubs for the money before heading out and making a purchase.