From solid wooden heads to the now razor-thin titanium, golf drivers have experienced a great deal of change over time. Now, drivers have become so advanced that major manufacturers are adding many features that help golfers hit it farther and more accurately than ever before.
But to find the perfect golf driver, you would have to look through many dozens of drivers from many different manufacturers. Thankfully for you, we have already taken the time to look through all the drivers on the market to bring you our top 15. Each driver recommendation will come with an overview of the club’s top features.
Many brands are represented including the likes of Callaway, TaylorMade, and Cobra. Other lesser-known brands will be included thanks to their club’s incredible performance to cost. Our best drivers also cover every budget with some drivers only costing around $100!
Best Golf Drivers
4 used from $269.99
- Speed Injected: Every Head Is Individually Speed Tested and Injected With Tuning Resin to Optimize Cor Across the Entire Face; the Speed Injection Process Is Designed to Maximize Ball Speed and Distance in the M6 Driver
- Twist Face: Revolutionary New Face Curvature With a Corrective Face Angle On Off Center Hits, Engineered to Reduce Side Spin and Deliver Straighter Shots; Lie: 56° – 60°
- AERODYNAMIC CARBON SOLE DESIGN WITH "INERTIA GENERATOR": Sleek, aerodynamic shaping designed to provide increased club head speed for more distance
- HAMMERHEAD 2.0: The new, more flexible Hammerhead slot works in conjunction with Speed Injected Twist Face to produce a larger sweet spot and preserve ball speed on off-center strikes.SWING WEIGHT:D3
Made with cutting edge technology, the TaylorMade M6 is one of our top-rated golf drivers!
- Speed Injected Head
- Hammerhead Slot
TaylorMade is really pushing the limits of what a golf driver can do with the M6 Driver. In this edition of the M series, TaylorMade uses a special resin that is injected just behind the face of each club. This brings each driver up to the very limits of ball speed allowed by the USGA and R&A.
Of course, a big draw the M-series of drivers is the inclusion of Twist Face. It again makes an appearance on the M6 with some slight tweaks to further increase forgiveness on mishits. So if your driving is sometimes a little inconsistent then this technology is for you!
A speed slot has been present on every M-driver and this year’s speed slot is named the Hammerhead 2.0 Slot. It is slightly larger and deeper to create even more clubhead speed. The M6 is available in four flexes and three different loft configurations.
- Outrageous Distance
- Great Forgiveness
- Good Control
Push the limits of distance and speed and leave your foursome in the dust with the TaylorMade M6 Driver!
Cobra F9 Speedback
- Speedback Technology-King F9 Speedback driver is the first of its kind to achieve true optimization of aerodynamics and low CG, making it the fastest, and longest COBRA driver.
- Speedback Aero Design-Speedback Technology delivers a highly aerodynamic clubhead design
- Low CG Speedback Weighting-The addition of a low, multi-material tungsten weight structure creates a low, deep CG
- CNC Precision Milled Face-In an industry where everyone claims to have a fast driver face, ours is the only one that's CNC milled.
- Dual Roll Technology-Dual Roll adds distance to your drives by minimizing the gear effect that negatively impacts launch and spin on high and low misses.
Swing the Cobra F9 Speedback Driver without reserve thanks to its all-new aerodynamic design.
- Speedback Technology
- Aero Design
- CNC Milled Face
While the club itself looks like any other cutting edge driver, the F9 Speedback is different. It is the first driver to deliver an aerodynamic shape that includes a raised skirt, rounded crown, and rounded leading edge. In short; this driver is super aerodynamic.
This aerodynamic design works to reduce overall drag and increase clubhead speed. Mix in a new adjustable weighting system and its no wonder this driver is one of the easiest swinging drivers on the market! Feel is also taken into account with a custom CNC Milled Face that cuts excess spin.
Golfers will find that they have many different options when it comes to customizing the F9 Speedback Driver. There are five different flexes offered through four high-end custom golf shafts. Golfers can even customize the driver’s loft with Cobra’s MyFly loft adjustment sleeve.
- Super Fast Clubhead Speed
- Outstanding Forgiveness
- Low Ball Spin
Smooth out your swing and hit more fairways with the Cobra F9 Speedback Driver!
- Ping G400
- In addition to improving feel, the internal rib structure of the G400 head rewards you with a rich, full sound at impact. Bolder crown turbulators enhance clubhead speed and visual appeal.
- Streamlined shaping harmonizes with bolder turbulators and Vortec Technology to reduce drag 40% mid-downswing and 15% overall to increase clubhead speed and ball velocity for added distance with stability.
Made with quality in mind, the Ping G400 Driver will help you take your game to the next level.
- Multi-Material Design
- Dragonfly Technology
- Tungsten Sole Weight
While it might not look like there have been many changes between the previous generation driver and this year’s G400, there have been some important changes. The first is a multi-material design that focuses on lower weight and drag materials like specialty plastic and carbon fiber.
Ping calls this thinner and more lightweight material usage Dragonfly Technology and allows for higher MOI and a deeper Center of Gravity. Both of these changes translate to faster clubhead speeds and more distance. Overall drag is reduced and results in a smoother feeling swing.
A small tungsten weight can be found on the very bottom of the G400 Driver and it works to create the highest MOI driver that Ping has ever created. Only a couple of different configurations are offered as Ping looks to debut its new 2020 driver in the spring.
- Solid Distance
- Good Control
- Clean Design
Ping makes some of the top-rated golf clubs and has the best customer service so you can’t go wrong picking up the G400 Driver!
Callaway Epic Flash
- The Callaway Epic Flash Driver employs a new technology called Flash Face to help golfers get more ball speed for more distance.
- Flash Face’s sophisticated architecture was created by Artificial Intelligence – the first known instance of using A.I.in the golf industry – to create a radically different face.
- Jailbreak Technology features two internal bars that stiffen and stabilize the crown and sole, placing more impact load on the face to promote faster ball speed.
- A new lighter Triaxial Carbon Crown saves weight that’s redistributed within the head to raise MOI for exceptional forgiveness on off-center hits.
- Adjustable Perimeter Weighting gives golfers the power to easily promote draws, fades or a straighter flight.
Experience Callaway’s best driver on the market when you use the Epic Flash!
- Flash Face Technology
- Jailbreak Technology
- Lots Of Customization Options
It’s clear that Callaway’s engineers poured their hearts and souls into designing the Epic Flash Driver. It not only looks great but also has many features packed into a small package. But the crowning jewel of the Epic Flash Driver is the Machine Learning inspired Flash Face Technology.
Flash Face relies on a special architecture that was made by a computer program simulating and refining over 15,000 face designs. Callaway claims that this face is truly optimized to bring you the fastest ball speeds possible. These fast speeds also lend to overall longer drives.
Possibly the best part of the Epic Flash Driver is the customizability. A full range of flexes and lofts are available as well as three premium shafts; Project X Even Flow, Project X HZRDUS, and Mitsubishi Tensei. There really is a club configuration for everyone.
Check out the detailed review of the Epic Flash driver here.
- Premium Shaft Options
- Great Distance
- Low Spin
- Super Expensive
If you have the cash, the Callaway Epic Flash Driver is by far the best Callaway driver and possibly one of the best golf drivers of all time.
- SP700 Titanium Face for greater responsive force for increased ball speed and distance
- Carbon Composite Crown allows weight to be moved low within the clubhead
- Quick Switch Adaptor for defined loft/lie settings
- CORTECH Design
- ATMOS Blue 5S Shaft
Despite the subdued color scheme, the Mizuno ST190 Driver outshines much of the competition.
- SP700 Titanium Face
- Carbon Composite Crown
- Wave Technology
Right off the bat, it is easy to see that the Mizuno ST190 Driver is a simple and straightforward golf driver. No gimmicks, just simple features that make a true difference to your game. Like an SP700 Titanium Face that delivers maximum power and control to each and every drive.
The entire crown of the ST190 Driver is made out of a special Carbon Composite that is strong and lightweight. A lightweight crown allows Mizuno to move much more weight to the rear of the club where MOI can be maximized. A unique wave pattern makes for a speed pocket that effortlessly flows into an aerodynamic sole.
Not as many customizable options are available on the ST190 as other drivers but it is still quite fair. A stiff, regular, and lite flex are available as well as a 9.5 and 10.5-degree loft. All options come with an Atmos Blue 55 shaft.
- Easy Lie/Loft Adjustment
- Good Distance
- Clean Looks
Add a great driver, the Mizuno ST190, to your bag today for a modest price.
Cobra King F8
- Precision milled face-our first fully Machined driver face is CNC milled to create our thinnest, hottest, and most precise face EVER
- 360 Aero-Innovative Polymer Aero trips positionedaround the perimeter of the clubhead improve drag reduction face-on throughthe downswing to generate maximumclubhead speed.
- Ultralight Carbon Fiber Crown-A lighter 5-ply carbon fiber crown saves discretionaryweight to move the CG lower and deeper, producinghigher trajectories and increased forgiveness.
- F8 adjustable cg-2 CG positions in the back and heel result in two very different ball flights to help you tune your distance and trajectory under variable conditions
- My Fly 8 with SmartPad-8 easily adjustable loft settings help you managetrajectory and fine tune launch conditions to maximizedistance while SmartPad keeps the face square.
At almost two years old, the Cobra F8 Driver still holds up when compared to the competition.
- 360 Aero Design
- CNC Milled Face
- MyFly Adjustment Sleeve
With aggressive looks yet a smooth profile, the Cobra F8 Driver is confidence-inspiring. This design is called 360 Aero by Cobra and is a way to reduce drag without making the club look too rounded. This aerodynamic design also makes for a really nice looking crown, that has functionality and style.
CNC milling is Cobra’s unique twist to creating a hotter face without added spin. Compared to the newer model, the milling on the face of F8 Driver is a lot more profound and deeper in certain areas.
Adjustability is available in certain areas of the club including adjustable weighting on the sole. Using the MyFly loft sleeve, golfers can adjust loft and lie by a couple of degrees. The Cobra F8 is available in three different flexes with three different premium shafts.
- Nice Distance
- Great Adjustability
- Good Looks At Address
Save a bit of cash and get huge amounts of performance when you buy the Cobra F8.
- New face curvature w/corrective face angle on off center hits, to reduce side spin & deliver straighter shots. Provides more loft in high toe & less loft in low heel for more consistent spin
- Hammerhead slot: the reinforced outer portions of the slot allow for a lighter, more flexible face, resulting in a larger sweet spot
- The center portion of the slot increases ball speed low on the face and drops unwanted spin for more distance
- GEOCOUSTIC: Shaped for a solid and explosive sound. Reduced sole volume enables a larger, more forgiving face. Volume is 460CC
Made with all new Twist Face Technology (TFT) and a better sounding design, the M4 is the follow up to the critically acclaimed M2 Driver.
- Hammerhead Slot
- GEOCUSTIC Design
It is quite hard to come up with a great sequel to a critically acclaimed original. But TaylorMade was able to take everything that made the M2 great and expanded upon it. The first new addition was TFT which has changed the limits of forgiveness on mishits.
Coupled with a deep HammerHead Slot, the M4 is able to generate outstanding amounts of ball speed. Even being almost two generations old, the M4 driver still creates more speed than many other drivers on the market.
TaylorMade has also created the M4 Driver with a Geocustic Design that creates a confidence-inspiring sound after every hit. The M4 is still available in many different configurations including five different flexes that range from ladies to x-stiff. Four loft options are available and range from 12 degrees to as low as 8.5 degrees.
- Very Forgiving
- Great Distance
- Low Spin
Add the TaylorMade M4 to your bag and start hitting more fairways than ever before!
Wilson Staff C300
- The C300 driver is the first and only driver to feature our award-winning power Hole technology
- 2 power holes on the crown and 2 on the sole create a sweet spot expanding, fairway finding head with maximum flex
- Three interchangeable head weights provide MULTI-FIT adjustability and custom shot-shaping
- Larger, softer, more comfortable Lamkin crossline 2 grip. Fujikura speeder Pro 58 graphite shaft
- Exclusive Wilson Staff matte Red finish
Wilson Staff’s newest high-end driver, the C300, is a perfect choice for amateurs looking to get better.
- Power Holes
- 3 Adjustable Head Weights
- Premium Shaft & Grip
You have to give credit where credit is due, and Wilson Staff certainly deserves some credit with the C300 Driver. With a design and features more inline with other top drivers, the C300 is a perfect mix of value and performance. Most of the performance comes from Wilson Staff’s patented Power Holes.
These Power Holes work very similarly to Callaway’s Jail Break. They create a larger sweet spot by allowing for more face flex. Of course, more face flex creates much more energy transfer and overall speed.
Another useful feature is the inclusion of 3 head weights found on the sole of the club. Each weight can be changed which allows for a great amount of customization. Wilson also includes a Fujikura Speeder Pro shaft and custom Lampkin grip. Sadly, the C300 only comes in a 9-degree loft with a stiff shaft.
- Outstanding Feel
- Good Distance
- Very Adjustable
- Great Value
- One Configuration Option
In the end, the Wilson Staff C300 Driver isn’t part of the “good golf drivers” group, it is by far a great driver.
- A large, 460cc titanium head with an adjustable loft sleeve allows for optimized launch and trajectory
- Ultralite titanium core strategically positions mass for higher launch and trajectory control
- Premium matrix white tie 55 shaft for maximum distance and smooth feel
- Legendary speed pocket performance for high launch and low spin, resulting in more distance
- New satin black finish with elegant detailing to improve alignment; Grip: TM textured 0.620 43 gram (men)
Read on to see why the TaylorMade RBZ Black Driver is one of the best selling drivers over the past couple of years.
- Ultralite Titanium Core
- Speed Pocket
- Adjustable Loft Sleeve
First made in 2014 the RBZ Black Driver was a cutting edge club for the time. Now five years later, the RBZ Black Driver has been updated and brought back as a top-performing budget driver. No bells or whistles, just simple and consistent power and distance.
There are only two important features that make the RBZ Black Driver such a great club. First is an Ultralite Titanium Core that reduces weight near the front of the club and repositions it nearer the back. The second is a large Speed Pocket that can be found on the sole of the club just behind the leading edge.
Configurability is limited with three flexes and lofts to choose from. However, there is an adjustable loft sleeve that allows for extra tuning. A Matrix 55-gram shaft is included no matter the flex option.
- Very Forgiving
- Great Distance
- Best Value
At under $200, the TaylorMade RBZ is by far one of the best drivers for mid handicappers.
Cleveland HB Driver
- HiBore Crown
- New launcher cup-face
- Unique flex-fins
- Includes Headcover
Give your drives more carry with the high launching Cleveland Launcher HB Driver!
- HiBore Crown
- Launcher Cup Face
- Custom Shaft & Grip
If you are a senior golfer who has experienced some drop off in your driving distance, the Launcher HB Driver is here to help! Using a HiBore Crown Cleveland has moved weight from the front of the clubhead to the back/bottom to create a better Center of Gravity. This means that shots leave the driver face at a slightly higher angle and less spin allowing for more carry distance.
Also included is a Launcher Cup Face which enhances speed from shots that are a little bit off-center. This means more forgiveness on mishits and better overall accuracy. It should be noted though, that highly off-center shots will not get as much height compared to a squarely struck ball.
Three different flexes and three different loft options are available. Only one type of shaft, a Miyazaki C Kua, is installed. A custom Cleveland Lamkin grip is also included.
- High Launch
- Great Forgiveness
- Great Value
Let the Cleveland Launcher HB Driver bring back the distance through a higher trajectory with more carry.
- All-New Multi-Material Construction Saves Weight & Repositions CG Low and Back; 6-Layer Carbon Crown With 911 Skeletal Titanium Body Frees Up Weight and Heavy Back Weight
- Geocoustic Technology Is Advanced Sole Shaping With Recessed Toe Panel That Enables Club Face Expansion for Added Forgiveness and Externalized Sound Ribs
- Deeper, more active speed pocket with 3x more active than original M2 to increase flexion and forgiveness across the clubface and generates high launch/low spin shots to achieve massive distance
- Ff2ff precision process with crown-to-body craftsmanship of the highest quality and manufacturing repeatability for consistent look and performance
- Premium features and options include Fujikura XLR8 Pro Stock shaft with 30+ additional no-upcharge shafts, dual feel grip, and ultra-lightweight, aluminum, 4 degree loft sleeve with 12 settings
The driver that started it all, the TaylorMade M2 Driver is still a driver that will help you reach the top of your game.
- 911 Titanium Body
- Geocustic Technology
- Speed Pocket
This is where it all started for TaylorMade. The M2 Driver was not initially a hit but quickly grew to become one of the most preferred drivers on tour and with average players. After a quick update, the M2 driver became even better.
The first update was to give a slight change to the 911 Titanium body to make it slightly lighter. This change moved the saved weight lower in the body for a higher MOI and lower Center of Gravity. Even the clubhead shape was adjusted slightly to give a more confidence-inspiring sound.
A large speed pocket can be found on the bottom of the driver and acts as a spring for the face at impact. Again this feature was updated and made slightly deeper on this M2 iteration. The TaylorMade M2 Driver is still available in three different flexes with three different lofts.
- Better Forgiveness
- Confidence Inspiring Sound
- Great Value
Now for $250, the updated TaylorMade M2 Driver is still a worthwhile upgrade for those who are looking for a great deal.
Wilson Staff D7
- Superlight Design: Advanced materials and simplified construction result in a head weight of just 192g, allowing for greater ball speeds and maximum distance off the tee.
- [K]composite Crown: A three-piece crown comprised of Kevlar layered between woven carbon fiber neutralizes vibration for a sharp, crisp sound and incredible feel.
- Dynamic Launch Control: Internal weighting has been optimized depending on the loft. 9.0º driver features the weight forward. The 10.5º driver features weight in the mid sole and the 13º driver features weight towards the back and heel.
Take back control over your drives with the Wilson Staff D7 Driver!
- Superlight Design
- [K]ompiste Crown
- Dynamic Launch Control
With a streamlined design and premium materials, Wilson Staff’s D7 Driver is a welcome addition to the mid-tier driver market. Because of the streamlined design, the D7 Driver head is just a mear 192g. This low weight makes for great ball and clubhead speeds.
For the entire crown, the D7 uses a special three-layer design. This three-layer process involves an alternating layer of kevlar and carbon fiber. Wilson Staff has deemed this process and resulting crown as an [K]omposite Crown.
Depending on what loft you choose, the weighting profile for each is different. As the loft goes higher, the weighting moves farther and farther back on the sole of the club. So if you are looking for more carry go with a loft of 10 or 13 degrees.
- Super Straight
- Good Forgiveness
- Very Light
- Great Value
- No Adjustable Loft
While drive distance may not be all the much longer than other drivers, the Wilson Staff D7 Driver is still a great choice if you are looking to hit more fairways.
Callaway X HOT
- Long distance, speed & a forgiving head shape
- VFT face for fast ball speeds on center and off-center hits
- Loft and lie adjustability to optimize your driver setting
- Chemically milled for precise center of gravity positioning and consistent launch
Made with a simple design and easy adjustability, the Callaway X Hot Driver is perfect for golfers looking for an easy to use brand name driver.
- VTF Face
- Chemical Milling
- Adjustable Hosel
Callaway’s X Hot brand has always been a best seller due to the perfect mix of performance and price. With the X Hot Driver, players get a simple driver head design that focuses on a larger face and trimmed drown and sole. The face itself actually is made with VFT technology that increases energy transfer between the club and ball during impact.
Chemical Milling is a special process where caustic chemicals are applied to a freshly forged head to create a smooth and milled look. The X Hot Driver does have several areas of chemical milling to help position the center of gravity lower in the clubhead for higher launch. Judging by the “brushed” look on the driver’s face, chemical milling was also used on the face of the driver.
While club configuration is slightly limited, there is still extra adjustability added through Callaway’s adjustable hosel. This hosel allows for the increase or decrease of the loft as well as a slight opening and closing of the face.
- Good Distance
- Good Value
Forget about all the fancy frills and just get yourself a well-performing driver with the Callaway X Hot Driver.
MAZEL Titanium Driver
- ⛳CUP FACE DESIGN:CNC Cup Face with high rebound,more efficient at delivering fast ball speed across the face, especially on mis-hits for increased average distance,also sound crisp.
- ⛳SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT HEAD:Strong Titanium face has a variable thickness that reduce driver weight,providing faster swing speeds off the tee offer.
- ⛳LARGE SWEET SPOT:460CC deep face expands sweet spot for maximum distance from anywhere on the face.
- ⛳LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY:Back center of gravity zone weighting removes weight from the crown to reposition it low and back in the head for a low,deep CG.
- ⛳SPEED CHANNEL:Speed channel is an engineered trench that surrounds the club face to help minimize face thickness and provide increased ball speeds across the face for incredible distance with forgiveness.
For golfers on a budget, the Mazel Titanium Golf Driver could be the club that changes your game for the better!
- Cup Face Design
- Speed Channels
- Low Center Of Gravity
Many other golf driver reviews and review guides will forgo including drivers that are not a well-known brand. Not here! In fact, we recommend the Mazel Titanium Golf Driver thanks to its low cost and reasonable performance.
Mazel has included a Cup Face Design that works to increase speed on mishits thanks to a special face milling and structure. Clubhead speed is also increased thanks to two different Speed Channels found on the bottom of the clubhead.
A small weight is found almost directly in the center of the clubhead and helps create a low center of gravity for optimal launch. One downside to the Mazel Titanium Golf Driver is that its design is a little blocky, reminiscent of older driver models. Regardless, it still performs excellently and is worthy of a buy.
- Solid Performance
- Large Sweet Spot
- Blocky Design
Not matter if you are a beginner or someone looking for an upgrade on a budget, the Mazel Titanium Golf Driver is a great buy!
Tour Edge Men's Bazooka
- Rear fixed sole weight creates a deep center of Gravity for long, high tee shots
- Deep face design expands sweet spot for maximum distance from anywhere on the face
- Ultra-light high-launch graphite shafts deliver higher, longer trajectory
At under $100, the Tour Edge Bazooka Driver is a real steal of a deal!
- Deep Face Design
- Rear Sole Weight
- High Launch Graphite Shaft
Tour Edge has really broken down price barriers for those looking to play golf for the first time or are trying to get better. Even though the Bazooka driver is less than $100, it still performs phenomenally. A Deep Face Design creates a wider sweet spot and allows for more forgiveness on mishits.
A fixed Rear Sole Weight is placed in the perfect spot to create a low center of gravity and lots of MOI. In particular, this weighting system should create higher launch trajectories and generate more overall carry. This is perfect for beginners and those looking to get better at driving the golf ball.
At just a little over 50 grams, the Tour Edge Bazooka Driver shaft is perfect for generating mass amounts of swing speed. A high launch kick point works with the rear sole weight to guarantee effortless distance. The only thing the Bazooka Driver lacks is extra adjustability.
- Outstanding Price to Performance
- Lots Of Carry
- No Adjustability
The Tour Edge Bazooka Driver is a perfect gift for anyone who is looking to start playing golf.
Golf driver technology is always changing and that means golfers are getting more and more distance and forgiveness from the tee. At this point in time, many new drivers from the top companies have reached the limits of what the USGA and R&A allow for drivers. But that doesn’t mean that all drivers are the same.
As you can see, our top 15 best drivers are all different and each caters to a specific type of player. So it is important to find which one of the 15 best fits your individual game and budget. The top five drivers on our list are great for mid to low handicappers but are also expensive. Other drivers on the list may be better suited to mid to high handicap golfers or those on a tighter budget.
No matter what, each and every driver on our list will perform well and last for many rounds to come. So go ahead and upgrade to a new driver and start experiencing all that it has to offer! Check out our drills for increasing your driver distance too!
The team at Golf Accessories Reviews have also completed detailed reviews for the following drivers:
- Amateur Golfers
- Most Forgiving
- Callaway XR16
- GX7 Driver
- Ping G400 Max
- Cobra Fly Z
- Under $100
Top-Rated Golf Drivers
We've researched and compiled the top drivers worth investing in to take your golf game to the next level.
- TaylorMade M6
- Cobra F9 Speedback
- PING G400
- Callaway Epic Flash
- Mizuno ST190
- Cobra King F8
- TaylorMade M4
- Wilson Staff C300
- TaylorMade RBZ
- Cleveland HB Driver
- TaylorMade M2
- Wilson Staff D7
- Callaway X HOT
- MAZEL Titanium Driver
- Tour Edge Men's Bazooka